This upcoming game will be a lot closer.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3rk9gxzz said:
The weather will be extreme, and we have a starting RB who hasn't played or practiced in two months. These are a couple variables that could introduce enough chaos for a team like the Vikings to win On paper, however, Seattle is a far superior team and would win 8 out of 10 times in normal conditions.

At 0°, the weather will be a major factor in both the Passing and Running game. I agree, on paper, Seattle has more Offensive weapons. I think we win by ten points. 20-10. The only way the Viks win the game is if we turn the ball over several times.

idahohawk

Reaction score
This worries me more than I thought it would. Bizarre/extreme weather makes for unpredictable games. I also think it lessens the gap between the two teams. The extreme weather factor has me pretty worried. #holdme

DavidSeven":9brb22ss said:
peachesenregalia":9brb22ss said:
I disagree. their offense is the very definition of one-dimentional. Vikings simply don't have the ability to throw the ball downfield, certainly not against our D.

In fairness, you could've said these same things about the St. Louis Rams.

The weather will be extreme, and we have a starting RB who hasn't played or practiced in two months. These are a couple variables that could introduce enough chaos for a team like the Vikings to win On paper, however, Seattle is a far superior team and would win 8 out of 10 times in normal conditions.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1rbru2n4 said:
DavidSeven":1rbru2n4 said:

At 0°, the weather will be a major factor in both the Passing and Running game. I agree, on paper, Seattle has more Offensive weapons. I think we win by ten points. 20-10. The only way the Viks win the game is if we turn the ball over several times.

No offense, I am trying to understand the font color, is it something to get a point across or is it just a liking thing to make it bright. It is hard for me to read bright colors in general so just wanted to ask. I agree with your point on weather, but I don't have a score in mind yet.

OP
OP
A

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Lynch is going to be back after a long break away. Ball security could be an issue in such frigid temperatures man.

Boys, we know this game. We've seen great teams fall to weak competition in the past. I know the team will prepare for them just like they prepare for any opponent in the league. Also remember, they are an 11 win team. Winning 11 games in the NFL is no easy task man. These aren't the Bears or the Lions. A good defensive game plan by Mike Zimmer, something he's completely capable off can keep this game a lot closer then we like to think.

They're motivated team playing with house money man. They lose, no big deal. It was expected. The whole world is counting them out man. They have the chip and bitter taste from the last loss.

kf3339

Reaction score
This is not going to be a close game. It was a shutout other than one bad kick return coverage play. I seriously doubt that will happen again. AP will be contained and they have no real passing attack.

But RW and our offense will shread their defense, just like last time.

My guess is we win by 15-20 points. Probably more unless we rest starters in the second half.

As for them getting back those missing defensive players? Good. They won't have any more excuses.

marko358

Reaction score
I expect the RO to be a big factor in this one. Too many variables for their D to account for. They have no chance.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1jyyjy3x said:
DavidSeven":1jyyjy3x said:
peachesenregalia":1jyyjy3x said:
I disagree. their offense is the very definition of one-dimentional. Vikings simply don't have the ability to throw the ball downfield, certainly not against our D.

I disagree about the Rams. They have a QB that can throw down the field, a legit running game, some speedy receivers and a top-shelf D. If the fumble return TD doesn't happen, that's a different game. After that, Seattle were playing from two scores down and their front seven could just pin their ears back. Divisional games are tough, especially against a Rams defense that has been custom-built to beat us.

Minne offers none of that. they have some decent defensive players, namely their safeties, but outside of that they do nothing to worry the seahawks' offense. As for Minne's offense, if you stop AP (he's banged up and has never played well against us), you win the game.

L O C K I T U P B O Y S

Do you not remember the game a few years ago in Seattle when Peterson almost had 200 rushing yards and most of those yards came in the first half :lol:

Lucky for the Seahawks Ponder is one of the worst starters the Vikings have ever had and had an amazing 63 passing yards on 22 passes with 1INT.

HawkerD

Reaction score
I have full confidence in the Hawks being able to dominate in every aspect of the game except the Line of scrimmage when on Offense. If the Hawks O-line plays like it did the better part of the last 8 games (excluding week 16) then it is a blow out. No one wants to predict a blow out but it could easily happen if RW can get a little protection and we get off to a fast start. The Vikings have a limited ability to play catch up and if they have to go to the air it will go poorly for them.

To say the game will be a lot closer is hedging your bet. There is no reason it should be. The hawks are battle tested. They have the ability to comeback if they have to and have done so in the playoffs. This is the 4th trip to the playoffs for a lot of the core and that means a lot. We are going to put up at least 30 points, hold Peterson to 60 yds and I don't see Minn countering.

:stirthepot:

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
HawkerD":qsgxdntq said:
I have full confidence in the Hawks being able to dominate in every aspect of the game except the Line of scrimmage when on Offense. If the Hawks O-line plays like it did the better part of the last 8 games (excluding week 16) then it is a blow out. No one wants to predict a blow out but it could easily happen if RW can get a little protection and we get off to a fast start. The Vikings have a limited ability to play catch up and if they have to go to the air it will go poorly for them.

To say the game will be a lot closer is hedging your bet. There is no reason it should be. The hawks are battle tested. They have the ability to comeback if they have to and have done so in the playoffs. This is the 4th trip to the playoffs for a lot of the core and that means a lot. We are going to put up at least 30 points, hold Peterson to 60 yds and I don't see Minn countering.

:stirthepot:

At least 30? A second matchup and the Vikings have only given up 30 twice, to the Packers and Seahawks. Seahawks actually have given up more than 30 more than the Vikings have this year. They just limited the Packers to 13 after giving up 30 in the first matchup. Giving up 38 to the Seahawks was the most they gave up all year and also the game they had the most injuries. I have no doubt the Seahawk defense will show up and play but what offense will show up. The one that played against the Rams or the one who has been on fire last half of the season. You never know how it plays out. With a Patterson return TD....a Long AP run for a TD Vikings could end up getting just enough points to win if the Seahawk offense doesnt get it together.

253hawk

Reaction score
Polaris":2qprn0yb said:
253hawk":2qprn0yb said:
Weather was a big factor in that playoff game though; it was wet and windy.

Not only that but Seattle absolutely dominated New Orleans for three quarters in that playoff game and the only reason it was only 16-0 after three quarters was it was being played literally in the middle of a winter storm that essentially prevented an effective passing game by either team.

In the fourth qtr, Sean Payton and Brees both got desperate and started hucking low percentage passes down the field in spite of the weather because if they didn't they knew they'd lose.....and they got incredibly lucky. In spite of that huge reward/huge risk playing (that paid off for the Saints), Seattle still won and won fairly handily. In fact Seattle could (and IMHO should) have ended it at the two min warning by having Lynch kneel at the one rather than taking into the end-zone.

Yeah, it was 16-0 at half and Brees had like 34 yards passing at that point. They finally scored after Brees just started chucking it deep in desperation, because he ended up with over 300 yards.

12thbrah

Reaction score
If Bridgewater plays like he did against the Packers it will be a blowout. Vikings only hope is that the game will turn into the Rams / Seahawks debacle where Seattle was fumbling the ball all over the place and losing the field position battle.

marko358

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3oi6sxkv said:
They just limited the Packers to 13 after giving up 30 in the first matchup.

The Packers have been tanking the last 6 games or so and look absolutely terrible on offense. They have no team speed on offense right now as most of their receiving targets are 2nd string players, if that. How could you possibly compare our offense to what theirs looks like right now?

Anthony!

Reaction score
Pretty simple we protect Wilson and give him time we win big, we do not we win but its close and that goes for any team we face

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think the Vikings will play us better than last time. Intensity will be up, they have some starters back on D which will help and they have confidence after beating the Packers to win the division.

And none of that will really give them much of a shot. :2:

Spiderdan

Reaction score
I predict the Seahawks win 279-2. 10 TDs a quarter is reasonable, right?

SkolVikes

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2gqg3oje said:
DavidSeven":2gqg3oje said:
peachesenregalia":2gqg3oje said:

I disagree about the Rams. They have a QB that can throw down the field, a legit running game, some speedy receivers and a top-shelf D. If the fumble return TD doesn't happen, that's a different game. After that, Seattle were playing from two scores down and their front seven could just pin their ears back. Divisional games are tough, especially against a Rams defense that has been custom-built to beat us.

Minne offers none of that. they have some decent defensive players, namely their safeties, but outside of that they do nothing to worry the seahawks' offense. As for Minne's offense, if you stop AP (he's banged up and has never played well against us), you win the game.

L O C K I T U P B O Y S

You know nothing.

rightbench

Reaction score
Here's my 2 cents.

- Weather... I think beyond anything this will be the biggest factor. Vikings fans are right when they say we aren't used to playing in super cold temps. I think there's some evening out in that we tend to play games in freezing rain and sleet that soak you and you never get warm again. The bigger worry is our guys catching passes and how RW does throwing a cold ball.

-Rusty RB?! - I keep hearing people say that BM will be rusty as he comes back. I don't know if that would really affect a running back since the ball is handed to him rather than him having to catch it. The vision shouldn't have gone away. Perhaps coming back to an evolved offense that trusts RW more will be something he has to adjust to, but as far as rust goes, he's been doing this for ... 8,9 years now.

-The usual 3 reasons why team xxx is going to shut us down- 1)Put a spy on/Keep RW in the pocket 2) establish the run to open up xxx 3) Just do what the Rams do - I've been to countless message boards this year and these are essentially the 3 things everyone says that are going to be the reasons they win or this time is different etc. I've yet to see anyone but the Rams really corral RW and with the way he's playing i'd LOVE for them to do the half assed contain RW rush and let him throw the ball around. Establish the run seems to be the Vikings best hope. AP's done it to us before. If he can, they'll make the game close, but I think to do that, Teddy would have to make the defense respect him, and they don't. He won the division title by throwing for less than 100 yards and a left handed awful pick. AP's dinged up enough that he left the most important game of their season for treatment. Even if that means 90% instead of 100% i think that they would need 110% to have a real shot at this. and #3 is just silly. Until someone plays us 2x a year for years and builds a team that is specifically designed to beat us (first rounders at every Dline position etc) it's not going to happen

-But we had 3 missing starters on Defense last time. Ok i'll give it to you. 1 guy you knew wouldn't be there and hasn't been there for any of the games since. If you're gonna say that Lynch will be rusty, then so will Linvale and a leg injury to a big man is a big deal. The other 2... a LB and a Safety? i believe will matter, but if the Dline can't get to RW (like last time) an extra S and LB won't keep him from finding open receivers. On the same note, Seattle was missing Kam, one of our best run stuffers and intimidation factors, and we held AP to 18 yards. We also had Cary Williams playing I believe, which is kind of like missing a starter on D. So it could be a wash. Maybe they'll both play out of their minds and it'll matter. We shall see.

I doubt this will be a blowout like last time. The players on Minn all know that it's win or go home. They'll give it everything they have. But at what point do we say, it's a team who didn't score an offensive point against us and couldn't run or pass effectively 1 month ago at the same field with the same starting time (although admittedly a much colder game) and the Seahawks fans are supposed to be anything but supremely confident going into the game?

Obligatory any given sunday comment.

Good luck to the Vikings on Sunday and whoever wins, I do hope no one on either team is seriously injured.

Largent80

Reaction score
I would say that saying the game will be closer really isn't stepping out on a ledge, after all....we blew them out. I can see either happening and wouldn't be surprised.