This upcoming game will be a lot closer.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
rightbench":4l6uko5r said:
Here's my 2 cents.

- Weather... I think beyond anything this will be the biggest factor. Vikings fans are right when they say we aren't used to playing in super cold temps. I think there's some evening out in that we tend to play games in freezing rain and sleet that soak you and you never get warm again. The bigger worry is our guys catching passes and how RW does throwing a cold ball. .

Either are the Vikings. It's been unseasonably warm in Minnesota all winter, this is really the first super cold game they've had as well this year.

So any advantage over us with the weather? I don't see it.

If anything, we have the more battle tested playoff team that's played in more nasty conditions then a young Vikings team with a QB from Miami.

hawk45

Reaction score
Weather: didn't Kaepernick go to Lambeau in the playoffs for the 2013 season and do fine in crazy low temps? A lot of that was running around though IIRC if one were inclined to discount that.

Normally the patented Peaches blowout prediction is a tad rosy for me but I think he's on the money here. Where will the Vike points come from?

We have been absolutely stoning running backs all year with no exceptions I can recall. And Teddy is not a QB dangerous enough for us to have to limit defenders in the box to keep him from hurting us.
Nothing about Bridgewater is the least bit troubling.

Especially if Lane is shutting down that CB2 area. If that happens and Sherm plays like last week this game could get ugly early IMO. Add a dash of pressure and that is all she wrote.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
SkolVikes":2l2k809z said:
peachesenregalia":2l2k809z said:
DavidSeven":2l2k809z said:
peachesenregalia":2l2k809z said:
I disagree. their offense is the very definition of one-dimentional. Vikings simply don't have the ability to throw the ball downfield, certainly not against our D.

In fairness, you could've said these same things about the St. Louis Rams.

The weather will be extreme, and we have a starting RB who hasn't played or practiced in two months. These are a couple variables that could introduce enough chaos for a team like the Vikings to win On paper, however, Seattle is a far superior team and would win 8 out of 10 times in normal conditions.

I disagree about the Rams. They have a QB that can throw down the field, a legit running game, some speedy receivers and a top-shelf D. If the fumble return TD doesn't happen, that's a different game. After that, Seattle were playing from two scores down and their front seven could just pin their ears back. Divisional games are tough, especially against a Rams defense that has been custom-built to beat us.

Minne offers none of that. they have some decent defensive players, namely their safeties, but outside of that they do nothing to worry the seahawks' offense. As for Minne's offense, if you stop AP (he's banged up and has never played well against us), you win the game.

L O C K I T U P B O Y S

You know nothing.

hehe... that's funny, even if Peaches can occasionally invoke hyperbole...

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
3) Just do what the Rams do

Here's my biggest hole in this theory when others say it. A big part of what the Rams did this year against the Hawks is what Aaron Donald did to disrupt the middle. Minnesota has a good D but do they have anyone at Donald's level? We are talking about a guy getting defensive player of the year talk.

OP
OP
A

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":32mse7fb said:
3) Just do what the Rams do

Here's my biggest hole in this theory when others say it. A big part of what the Rams did this year against the Hawks is what Aaron Donald did to disrupt the middle. Minnesota has a good D but do they have anyone at Donald's level? We are talking about a guy getting defensive player of the year talk.

If Joseph is healthy and can play. He's a very damn good player. He's not anything like Donald, but he's very disruptive and strong as an ox.

Cartire

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1mhmkoud said:
How worried are you on a scale from 1-10?

F10d4100 c567 4923 aa67 cb9043df816c zpshv1fjrfa

where did you find hawks at -6?

I've only seen -7.

Cartire

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2b3wc8k8 said:
Cartire":2b3wc8k8 said:
NFSeahawks628":2b3wc8k8 said:
How worried are you on a scale from 1-10?

F10d4100 c567 4923 aa67 cb9043df816c zpshv1fjrfa

where did you find hawks at -6?

I've only seen -7.

Bovada man, It's the best for so many reasons.

Darn. Im down in Vegas for work. -7 is all they have. Guess online gambling for me.

kearly

Reaction score
This mini-narrative about Lynch maybe being a liability because he's been out a while misses the mark IMO. I honestly can't remember a single instance of a RB missing time then coming back and looking out of sorts because of it. RB is about as close as it gets to a purely athletic position on offense. If anything, I expect Lynch to have his best game of the year, finally healthy and, unlike earlier this year, he doesn't look 5-10 pounds overweight.

My only real worry about this game is weirdness. Maybe the cold affects some FG tries or leads to fumbles or drops. Minnesota only has one win all season against a winning team and that came last week against the recently horrific Packers who've been 4-6 in their last 10 games (and would be 3-7 if not for a phantom facemask and miracle hail mary vs. Detroit).

DavidSeven

Reaction score
kearly":1r2raif0 said:
This mini-narrative about Lynch maybe being a liability because he's been out a while misses the mark IMO. I honestly can't remember a single instance of a RB missing time then coming back and looking out of sorts because of it. RB is about as close as it gets to a purely athletic position on offense. If anything, I expect Lynch to have his best game of the year, finally healthy and, unlike earlier this year, he doesn't look 5-10 pounds overweight.

Arian Foster?

He had the same injury as Lynch. Sat out two months. Never looked like he got up to full speed before tearing his Achilles.

Not that I expect Lynch to be slow or anything. I think the opposite could very well be true. However, I look at it as another element of randomness/uncertainty, like the weather. No one can say which team will actually better built for cold weather. It's just that random variables almost always work in favor of the heavy underdog, because chaos and fluke are the only shots they have.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Seahawks/Saints 2010.

As its been said, everyone is counting them out already and they're playing with house money.

Also,I still don't trust Bevell. With Lynch back in the lineup, I expect him to try to get cute and screw up our rhythm.

Cartire

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":3pwv84m9 said:
Seahawks/Saints 2010.

As its been said, everyone is counting them out already and they're playing with house money.

Also,I still don't trust Bevell. With Lynch back in the lineup, I expect him to try to get cute and screw up our rhythm.

A 2010 game has no bearing here. An unlikely scenario there doesnt mean that its the new normal.

Polaris

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":3050kwh4 said:
Seahawks/Saints 2010.

Eh, that comparison only goes so far. In the first place even in 2010, Seattle had a huge home field advantage. That doesn't seem to be the case for Minny. Also that year while Seattle did lose badly to the Saints, that was in the Superdome, not Seattle. By contrast Seattle already laid the lumber on Minnesota IN Minnesota.

Not only that, but in 2010, Seattle had veteran leadership even if the core of the team was young and playing with house money (Hass was still our QB then). By contrast Minny is a young team with an inexperienced QB playing in his first playoff game.

Finally, the Saints were (and still are) a finesse team. By contrast both Seattle and Minny are power teams, and when power teams play other power teams, it's almost always the raw talent that wins. It's one more reason why Minny drew about the worst possible match for the first round of the playoffs.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":facesvka said:
Lynch is going to be back after a long break away. Ball security could be an issue in such frigid temperatures man.

Boys, we know this game. We've seen great teams fall to weak competition in the past. I know the team will prepare for them just like they prepare for any opponent in the league. Also remember, they are an 11 win team. Winning 11 games in the NFL is no easy task man. These aren't the Bears or the Lions. A good defensive game plan by Mike Zimmer, something he's completely capable off can keep this game a lot closer then we like to think.

They're motivated team playing with house money man. They lose, no big deal. It was expected. The whole world is counting them out man. They have the chip and bitter taste from the last loss.

With this non stepping peppering of "man" I'm left wondering if this is C-Mike writing here

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
DavidSeven":293lfain said:
kearly":293lfain said:

Arian Foster?

He had the same injury as Lynch. Sat out two months. Never looked like he got up to full speed before tearing his Achilles.

By many accounts, Foster has been an injury waiting to happen for the past few seasons. Lynch...not so much.

Whatever happens, we don't need a win by 30, just a WIN will do fine!

kearly

Reaction score
DavidSeven":nkgimmli said:
kearly":nkgimmli said:

Arian Foster?

Not that I expect Lynch to be slow or anything. I think the opposite could very well be true. However, I look at it as another element of randomness/uncertainty, like the weather. No one can say which team will actually better built for cold weather. It's just that random variables almost always work in favor of the heavy underdog, because chaos and fluke are the only shots they have.

If you are talking about Foster this season, he wasn't a returning starter from earlier in the year, so when he came back it was like his first preseason game. This next game will be the third time Lynch returns to game action this season. That combined with the 8-10 hour a day workouts Lynch has been doing, I just don't see game shape being an issue at all.

A more comparable situation would be Foster in 2014, when he returned after missing three weeks and put up roughly the same rate numbers after the break than he did before.

Additionally, it seems very reasonable to think that Foster in 2015 is just an old back who's done in this league. Though I guess the same could be argued for Lynch. I guess we'll see.

dadof3

Reaction score
Wilson has lost 2 playoff games, and it took miracle plays in both of those to do it. Hell, his worst game as a pro was in the NFCCG, and he still won that. If the Vikings are going to win they will have to play a perfect game, this team's will to win can't be overstated

Laloosh

Reaction score
dadof3":32h5cw8t said:
Wilson has lost 2 playoff games, and it took miracle plays in both of those to do it. Hell, his worst game as a pro was in the NFCCG, and he still won that. If the Vikings are going to win they will have to play a perfect game, this team's will to win can't be understated overstated

FIFY

dadof3

Reaction score
Laloosh":2u2i8sve said:
dadof3":2u2i8sve said:
Wilson has lost 2 playoff games, and it took miracle plays in both of those to do it. Hell, his worst game as a pro was in the NFCCG, and he still won that. If the Vikings are going to win they will have to play a perfect game, this team's will to win can't be understated overstated

FIFY
Thanks, too tired after work