This team is missing a leader on defense.

Axx

Reaction score
Clems was one of the leaders on the defense.

We need a mike robb on defense.

GoHawks

Reaction score
I posted on this topic previously, to get sense of what others thought about the leadership on this team on both sides of the ball as well as special teams.

Link

Defense - other than Red Bryant seems to be the most undefined area of somebody stepping into a leadership role and could definitely benefit from a veteran presence, although it would be great for are young players to elevate that area of their roles

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Shouldn't the leader of the defense be a three down player?

HawkGANG

Reaction score
Just had this topic on the radio and the hosts said that Clemons was a vocal leader this year on defense.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3huz01yy said:
I think Sherman IS that leader, but of the Secondary only.
The opponents that face the Seahawks Defense, know that they have to get it done up front because Sherman & Co. has taken away the back half of the field.
The Seahawks know that they are lacking for putting pressure on the Quarterbacks, or consistently stopping the run, and that's the reason Pete is okay with Sherman running off at the mouth,,He (Pete) uses the strength of the Secondary to cover up for the defeciencies of the front four.
So the asertion that there is no leader for the Defense is half true as I see it.

this ^^^^^ all the mic'd up's and behind the scenes footage all show that Sherman is for sure the secondary leader..

drdiags

Reaction score
GoHawks":12ytwas1 said:
I posted on this topic previously, to get sense of what others thought about the leadership on this team on both sides of the ball as well as special teams.

Link

Nice write-up. You put it in that vast wasteland known as the NFL Forum when it should have been put here in the main forum (for those of us that are anal retentive). :th2thumbs:

Good job!

GoHawks

Reaction score
Ideally what we need is a Russell Wilson in our LB'ing crew, a vocal player that has a relentless drive to succeed, great work ethic, and can motivate the defense

But do we obtain that with an aged veteran or with a younger but mature player in that position with attributes similar to RW?

Or, that player may already be on our team, and just hasn't evolved into the role yet?

drdiags

Reaction score
Just seems to me that your leader on defense has to be the middle LB. Kam could also be it but he seems more like a silent assassin.

I just don't see Wagner as a vocal leader yet.

Snohomie

Reaction score
Note: The following is based off of interviews and tweets. So it's not based on much.

ET and Wagner both strike me as quiet. Friendly and social, don't get me wrong, but they're not Ray Lewis. Both seem to be "lead by example" types, though. You need those type of guys to be great players.

Red is probably the most vocal leader. Sherman brings the swagger the same way Giacomini brings the toughness. I agree that we could use some additional leadership here, but I don't think that leadership is a weakness on D.