Defense is for real

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Defensed saved the day again yesterday. This offense needs to wake the hell up. Settling for FG's all the time and/or bad decision making in the Red Zone just isn't gonna' cut it for this team.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
This secondary has me feeling like they're going to cause a big play every snap and it has been a LONG time since I felt that way. Adams and Witherspoon have energized the entire unit man, I love the passion they play with. Witherspoon genuinely is 1A/B for DROY in my opinion. Always around the ball, tremendous tackler, great awareness. Pete wasn't lying when he said he hasn't seen a guy with his skillset since Troy Polamalu and I absolutely love how they move him everywhere on the field. We got a good one.
LOB 2.0?

I gotta say, Spoon is laying some wood. I caught a couple of real Kam-ey type hits from him. And he's just Fing 'Everywhere'.

He puts hits on people like he's 20 or 30 pounds heavier than he is.

Just awesome on defense today. It was a beautiful sight. I was saying to my wife during the game: "NOW we can trust the D.".

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
He's a beast. Sucks he lost out on a pick and a sack, but we all saw it :)
We did see the sack. And I saw him take down a QB that others had wiffed on. Dobbs might be a backup but jesus that dude is big. And tough. On his TD run - we just bounced off him. Spoon didn't.

I just got a very LOB 2.0 feel from yesterday - with Diggs, Adams and Spoon just FLYING around. I swear I saw a Diggs hit on someone that looked like an Earl Thomas highlight reel. Just submarining in at warp speed from the backfield to torpedo the dude. Don't remember WHO he hit, but I was like 'daym'.

It was nice to see after the whole Adams F-Fest that's been the last couple years. He's contributing, that's for sure. When he was on the sidelines with the icepack or whatever strapping it on I was like SHIT! NO!.

And I'm sticking with the premise that my new cheap ass BWagz t-shirt yesterday psychically motivated the D to go beast mode. That's my story.

sutz

Reaction score
He's contributing, that's for sure. When he was on the sidelines with the icepack or whatever strapping it on I was like SHIT! NO!.
I saw that as well, they were wrapping his knee. Didn't see an ice pack, just the athletic tape going on and had the same reaction. But he was out on the field on the next series and laying the wood. Haven't seen the snap counts yet, but it looks like he played the whole game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There's just something about the energy he brings. He's a hell of a football player. Being injured a lot doesn't change that. At least to me it doesn't.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I don’t understand the low key bashing DeeJay gets. No he’s not Devin Hester or Adrian Peterson. But he is decent as a depth RB and above average as a returner. He’s top five in punt returns this year.
He's been decent on punt returns but fair caught some he shouldn't have and some he should have.

As a RB, he's been underwhelming, especially on 3rd down.. Rather see what Kenny Mac can do.