This season feels...

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
pehawk":m2d1633e said:
Savages used to be scared and respectful of the sun, until science came along and explained it. Very similar.

Also, there's the knowledge that despite what happens on Sundays, this team's a timebomb who'll eventually slay their opponents, at will. Unlike Seahawks teams of the past, where it's a question of "if"...this team's dominance is only a question of "when".

Great post. And that first line is signature material. Well said.

hawksfan515":m2d1633e said:
I think it's due to the sleepy offense a little. Just think, the most exciting aspect of football (passing offense) is what we are worst at. We also make other teams passing offenses very bad, without getting many INT's. Makes our game's pretty boring.

That's a good theory.

My theory is that we've played 7 games, and 6 of them have been very close. That's a lot of stressful football. High stress over a long period of time tends to break people's spirits a bit. I think my "sleepy" feeling right now is a sub-conscious defense mechanism to counter all the stressful football we've seen this year.

MontanaHawk05":m2d1633e said:
Take a nap, Kip. You sound overworked.

Maybe.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Something tells me that you'll be feeling a little differently come 10:10am tomorrow haha

I know what you mean kearly. I feel the same way right now...

In years prior the entire week before a game would be filled with nervous anticipation. First, can the Hawks win? Can they really do it? Then, I'd somehow convince myself against all logic that the Seahawks DID have a chance to win. Finally, the inevitable awful feeling of letdown and disappointment that carried over in to the next week. A very vicious cycle that I'm sure many here have endured throughout the years. Pehawk is spot on with his observation in my opinion, great stuff Pe.

This feels different. I go in to each game knowing that if the Hawks play their game they will win. When they fail to execute and don't win, it's easy for me to think of the positives along with the negatives. I know this team is going somewhere great in the near future, so I'm able to see the longterm gain even in defeat. I am unfazed by defeat, because I know it will make victory taste so sweet. And it already has this season! Remember the amazing moments like the 4th quarter of the Pats game and remember how you felt in that very moment. Pure jubilation and ecstacy, at least for me. That game is similar to watching Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock. Once in a lifetime shit for a Seahawks fan that probably will never happen again. We gotta enjoy it! That's what it's about... enjoying the ride.

Don't worry kearly, you are an excellent fan and you'll be back to yourself in no time. You were probably just like me and had real hope that the Hawks could beat the 49ers and prove themselves to be one of the best teams in the league, end of discussion. You've been high (like me right now) on Russell Wilson and this entire team since last season ended, while some were predicting a 2-5 start for this season. I think you probably expected more from this team, as crazy as that sounds, like I did as well. Something tells me that this team has what it takes and will kick their game up another notch and in to high gear down the stretch.

It's time for this sleeping giant to wake up!

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
skater18000":39db85vm said:
Were overlooking these guys I over looked 49ers thought they were gonna get out manned by significant unfavorable matchups for them

I think a lot of people are overlooking the lions. Their front 4 is very good on defense. Cutler ran for 34 yards on them so i think Russell has the capability to definitely take advantage of their aggressiveness and make them pay for the upfield aggressiveness. Marshawn is going to need a big game though really big. This besides the 49ers game will be the biggest test up front for our O line especially the interior.