Regardless of how bad this season feels for some Hawk fans...

Rainger

Reaction score
Think what it must be like to be a Bronco Fan!

They were supposed to have a better QB, a better D, a better O line, a playoff team and they are only 4 and 11 and lost all that money and picks.

How about the Packers?? They have Aaron Rogers and are also only 7 and 8.
Tampa Bay?? They have Tom Brady and are only 6 and 8.
The Rams??? Coming off a super bowl and are only 5 and 10.
The Titans?? only 7 and 8.
Vegas, Arizona, Houston, Chicago, Cleveland, Carolina, Atlanta, New England, Jets, Stealers, Indy, New Orleans all with LOSING records. 20 of 32 teams with losing records. How many of those teams were predicted to have winning records or be in the playoffs??

There are plenty of examples of fan bases that had much higher expectations than Hawks fans for their teams this year. For a predicted 5 win team and rebuilding, (even with the poor play the last 6 weeks) this team has given much more to their fan base this year than more than 1/2 the league.

Still a great chance to go 9 and 8.

All this with the 33rd best QB, a washed up coach, a young team with many rookie starters.

This season has been a success, already as many wins as last year in a supposed rebuilding year. Looks to me like, over 1/2 of the entire league is "rebuilding".

Last edited:

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
You're not wrong. I also think its worth mentioning that last year Tagovailoa and Hurts weren't playing as well as they are this year, and that the term "any given Sunday" can relate to a whole season as well for some teams. NFC wasn't supposed to be this wide open before the start of the season.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

They were supposed to have a better QB, a better D, a better O line, a playoff team and they are only 4 and 11 and lost all that money and picks.

Vegas, Arizona, Houston, Chicago, Cleveland, Carolina, Atlanta, New England, Jets, Stealers, Indy, New Orleans all with LOSING records. 20 of 32 teams with losing records. How many of those teams were predicted to have winning records or be in the playoffs??

There are plenty of examples of fan bases that had much higher expectations than Hawks fans for their teams this year. For a predicted 5 win team and rebuilding, (even with the poor play the last 6 weeks) this team has given much more to their fan base this year than more than 1/2 the league.

All this with the 33rd best QB, a washed up coach, a young team with many rookie starters.

This season has been a success, already as many wins as last year in a supposed rebuilding year. Looks to me like, over 1/2 of the entire league is "rebuilding".
The broncos game was COMICAL. I laughed my ass off.

You're right - I was thinking the same thing myself when looking at the NFC playoff picture - I was like: "after stepping on our dicks for 6 weeks - we're actually still in the running."

My problem with this season wasn't playing .500 ball. I expected that. I just didn't expect the rollercoaster, and didn't expect the implosion that happened. Seemed like we sucked. Brought Irvin in. Somehow he had pixie dust that fixed the D. Then we rolled. Then we sucked.

My wife was screaming at the TV Saturday - and she NEVER does that. Geno missing open receivers - just cratering on expectations that were set in October.

Guess we'll see what happens and we'll see what happens in the draft.

SchadenfreudeHawk

Reaction score

This season has been a success, already as many wins as last year in a supposed rebuilding year. Looks to me like, over 1/2 of the entire league is "rebuild"

SchadenfreudeHawk

Reaction score
We are going to go 7-10 and the problem is the way that we are going to have that record. We are going to end up going 1-7 in the last 8 games. Ending the season on that kind of losing streak is not a harbinger of good things to come. The defense is an absolute disaster and there is no sign that the current coach/GM can fix it. Our offense fell apart in the second half of the season AGAIN. Geno is regressing and we will have to massively overpay to keep him. We are YEARS away from contention and that is only if things go right. Yes, the Hawks are in a better situation than the Broncos but that isn't saying much. The issue with this season is HOW we got where we are. There are holes everywhere and we don't have the ammo to fix everything.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score

One of the several reasons why teams have losing seasons, including teams that expected to be contenders, is injuries. Rams, Chargers, Broncos are good examples. They said during the Rams/Broncos game that Broncos have 20 players on IR. No way to field a competitive team with 20 players on IR.

I predicted the Chargers would win the AFC this year. That was before most of their Pro Bowl players went down with injuries at one time or another.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
I agree, my good friend is a Cardinals fan and she is so disappointed with their season. Not only do they have fewer wins (4) but there's dis-function within the organization and Kyler is proving to be a bit of a brat.

Then there are the Broncos... No one could have predicted the catastrophic destruction of that team due to the Wilson trade. They have a die hard fan base and I feel sorry for them - no hope with that albatross of a contract. They are stuck in a world of suck.

So, I'm thankful to be a Seahawk fan!

massari

Reaction score

Not even Carroll knew Geno would play at a Pro Bowl level for the majority of the season. He was probably expecting something closer to Tarvaris Jackson. PC got a miracle.

Had they not used such a high pick on a RB, they likely have two top 5 picks in 2023, and Geno's future cap hit is far lower without Walker supporting the run game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This team exceeded expectations for the first half of the season, and now they're meeting expectations.

So hard for me to get all worked up about how mediocre the Hawks are playing now. If they somehow make the playoffs? Great.

If not, then Pete and John now have more than enough picks and cap space to address just about every roster need in the off season.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
This team exceeded expectations for the first half of the season, and now they're meeting expectations.

So hard for me to get all worked up about how mediocre the Hawks are playing now. If they somehow make the playoffs? Great.

If not, then Pete and John now have more than enough picks and cap space to address just about every roster need in the off season.

They would also have a pick haul if we did get into the playoffs. Were talking About a 16 being a no 22 or something should we exit early, and if we miraculously do not, maybe there’s less immediate need than we think now.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
They would also have a pick haul if we did get into the playoffs. Were talking About a 16 being a no 22 or something should we exit early, and if we miraculously do not, maybe there’s less immediate need than we think now.

Right.

I can never root for tanking. Because you gain things like momentum, and learn things about your current roster by going to the playoffs (experience, etc) that IMO is far more valuable than maybe helping out your draft position.