This is embarrassing

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Born on Dec. 22nd. A little late don't ya think? Why weren't they smoking them after the Titans game played on Dec. 24th?
No, because Jullian Love said that he wanted to wait for the final game of the season to light them up...You maybe think he's lying about that?

RiverDog

Reaction score
No, because Jullian Love said that he wanted to wait for the final game of the season to light them up...You maybe think he's lying about that?
I'll give the guys the benefit of the doubt on this one and retract what I had said earlier. However, I do believe that it was very inappropriate time and place to mark the occasion.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I'll give the guys the benefit of the doubt on this one and retract what I had said earlier. However, I do believe that it was very inappropriate time and place to mark the occasion.
Agreed.

If this is in fact , the real story behind it . Fine. They're grown men , they can do what they want.

Yet , I'll also agree that it's a bad look and probably not the place or time for it. This season was a complete fail.

They have plenty of time off now for enjoying a fine cigar.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
They gave up over 200 yards on the ground and barely beat a 4-12 team after a missed field goal. No one expected them to go deep but we were at least hoping the defense would look average as opposed to one of the worst with no signs of improvement.
And you're assuming that they 'THE PLAYERS' aren't aware of their shortcomings?, I mean there are going to be a whole lot of these guys that KNOW that they have likely played their last game with their Bud's in the Locker Room, or hell, maybe in the NFL. and didn't opt to take the sullen path on their way out the door, oh the gall by some of these guys....>>>PERSPECTIVE<<<

scutterhawk

Reaction score
It's not the optics of smoking cigars immediately after getting knocked out of the playoffs, or Woolen jacking off at the Cardinals bench, or Bush's extreme trash talking after an uncalled personal foul, or Bobby having to get in Bush's grill to keep him from forcing the refs to call an unsportsmanlike penalty, or the players constantly making business decisions instead of tackles, or Geno zoning out on the bench instead of acting as a leader, or Adams going after a reporter's wife on social media, or the team looking flat and lifeless game after game, or the wild and sloppy play that leads to the Seahawks always being at or near the top of the chart in penalties, or the unaccountability of the coaches going back to Bevell throwing Lockette under the bus, or the complete departure from the Always Compete philosophy, or any of the hundred other things that I could keep adding to this list.

It's the fact that all of these things are evidence of the toxic culture that now exists within the Seahawks organization.

PC is widely acknowledged as incompetent in many aspects of his coaching responsibilities, but all of that has been waved aside because "He is so awesome at culture-building!".

The one thing that PC is so good at?

HE ISN'T VERY GOOD AT.
Rolly Eyes, Piss & Moaners will always find something to Piss & Moan about, that's their sunshine, that's how they roll.

renofox

Reaction score
Delusional contrarians will always deny the facts staring them in the face. They're too weak to cope with reality and would rather escape to their dream bubble. They've never been high achievers and are accepting of mediocrity, or worse, in themselves and others.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Fans focusing on cigars is dumb and clueless. First of all, the season is over. Second, they actually won the game. They can't celebrate that if they want to?

It reminds me of the scene from Fever Pitch when Ben (the Jimmy Fallon character) goes to a restaurant following a big Red Sox loss and is upset to see a group of players there eating dinner and enjoying themselves.
Oh - I don't know -

When the Blue Jays lost here last season after the stupidest coaching decision ever, they proceeded to have their "Champagne spraying party" the day after. Huge bottles of champagne and diving goggles and tarps for everyone. It looked like disneyland/champagne rave FFS - complete with flashing lasers and everything. It looked like they thought they'd won the world series.

Same ballpark on this, admittedly on a different scope. Bunch of dudes with cigars isn't the same as an idiot rave.... but just saying. And, honestly, I saw Pete saying "great game!" after losses all season - so the fish rots from the head down, I suppose.

I don't like the optics. It's not like ya gotta throw yourself off a bridge, wear a crown of thorns, or flagellate yourself or something - but it just doesn't look good. Looks like ya didn't get the point - and BWagz agreed. I agree - if this was the LOB days - there'd be someone getting put in their place - not only for that - but for the rest of the crap in the season. No real leadership in the locker room.

But, backwards baseball cap nickelodeon looking Pete - well......... he can win in the 4th quarter.

That's just my .02.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Delusional contrarians will always deny the facts staring them in the face. They're too weak to cope with reality and would rather escape to their dream bubble. They've never been high achievers and are accepting of mediocrity, or worse, in themselves and others.
And what, give credence to Y'all SNIVELING & CONDESCENDING Azzh01&S??= NOPE!!
OH AND By the way I had a coworker call and tell me that he loved me like a brother & that he had only a short while longer to live, THIS is R-E-A-L >"REALITY" & none of this Make believe & self-serving, self- absorbed crap that you like to try'n sell as the IMPORTANT things in REAL life.
"Mediocrity"? you & they are all around us.

Last edited:

scutterhawk

Reaction score

Like I said, they were going to smoke them for the playoffs.

And that just Galls your sorry azz?
These are guys (some who will very likely NEVER again be playing in the NFL) who wanted some FEEL GOOD about having beaten a Division Rival... & That PI$$ES YOU OFF??????????
This is some pretty >>PETTY<<& lame finger-pointing, pissin' & moaning, Y'all need to do better, and BE ABOVE ALL THAT.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Oh - I don't know -

When the Blue Jays lost here last season after the stupidest coaching decision ever, they proceeded to have their "Champagne spraying party" the day after. Huge bottles of champagne and diving goggles and tarps for everyone. It looked like disneyland/champagne rave FFS - complete with flashing lasers and everything. It looked like they thought they'd won the world series.

Same ballpark on this, admittedly on a different scope. Bunch of dudes with cigars isn't the same as an idiot rave.... but just saying. And, honestly, I saw Pete saying "great game!" after losses all season - so the fish rots from the head down, I suppose.

I don't like the optics. It's not like ya gotta throw yourself off a bridge, wear a crown of thorns, or flagellate yourself or something - but it just doesn't look good. Looks like ya didn't get the point - and BWagz agreed. I agree - if this was the LOB days - there'd be someone getting put in their place - not only for that - but for the rest of the crap in the season. No real leadership in the locker room.

But, backwards baseball cap nickelodeon looking Pete - well......... he can win in the 4th quarter.

That's just my .02.
Just your condescending & worthless .02????....Snivel Much?????

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Just your condescending & worthless .02????....Snivel Much?????
sure.... whatever dude.... you do you

And calling spoiled ******* millionaires out on the fact that you really shouldn't celebrate when you've lost - well - I'm good with that.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Final warning. Otherwise I'll lock the thread.

Play nice.

eo620

Reaction score
"These guys are still real people who, some of whom, are never going to step foot into a Seattle locker room again. Some of these guys are never going to step foot onto an NFL field again. Any coach who lets his team sit in the back and stew and be depressed heading home from this victory is a crappy coach and a worse human being."

I too, am a real person. I've had a career of great successes and some mighty lows. I too, realize that I will never capture my career again. That said, as a professional, mature adult, I NEVER felt the need to skip across the office grabbing or rubbing my package. Those actions were of an unprofessional, immature child not ready to comport himself in the professional world.