This is embarrassing

seahawksny

Reaction score
Dude, it's the end of the season, they already were out of the playoffs, and they won in the last minute.

Human beings gonna human being, you know? "Part of the greater problem". Like, as fans do you ever step back and think about how weird stuff like this sounds?
They underachieved. Went 3-5 over the last 8 games and missed the playoffs when they controlled their own destiny.
Their defense is almost dead last , they allow well over 5 yards per carry , suck at getting off the field on 3rd down
And now they want to smoke victory cigars ?

Yeah , some fans are going to have some issues with that.
Exactly-

Remember we represent a city that celebrates the Mariners LOSS in the 95 season. In the 24 years since, they are now the only franchise in the MLB that has not played in a WS. Yet the fans still look to that team as the pinnacle of Seattle sports. Almost on par with the SB 48 win. WHY??????

Enough celebrating mediocrity

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Woolen should worry more about how bad his sophomore shitshow season was.

Dude looks weak and lost 80% of the time.
Did you see him come across the field at the end of the game? Grabbing his junk at the crowd like he just put a beat down on the best team.

Disappointing to say the least. I wish athletes would act a bit more respectful sometimes.

GemCity

Reaction score
This team absolutely underachieved, we all know it, we all feel a measure of pain/discouragement.

Fact is…

It was a winning season (above.500)

We’ve been spoiled as fans.
Our expectations are high, probably higher than is realistic if you look at the bigger picture.

We have it better than a lot of football fans, and that’s hard to argue no matter what angle or statistics you use.

In this day and age people get pissed off and offended over the silliest BS, if we’re at the point we’re going to to get pissed off or offended over a bunch of dudes celebrating a winning season, or celebrating the brotherhood they’ve formed then we’ve sunk lower than even my stupid ass imagined.

Insinuating these guys have nothing to celebrate seems weird to me.
They didn’t live up to my expectations but are my expectations really that important or relevant, I kinda think they are not.

YMMV

Edit:
Seems now that we know a bit more, the celebration seems a bit more appropriate.
Made me think a bit….

Thanks pmed!

renofox

Reaction score
Starting to truly see why Luke Wilson made the decision he did back in 2021
I'm assuming you saw his interview with KJ(?). Quite disheartening and it looks like the culture has only degraded since.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
They gave up over 200 yards on the ground and barely beat a 4-12 team after a missed field goal. No one expected them to go deep but we were at least hoping the defense would look average as opposed to one of the worst with no signs of improvement.
They came through in this away game...I'm disappointed with the overall play/Coaching this season, and you can bet your ass that Pete & a bunch of others are too.
BUT it was a hard-fought WIN for them...Enough "Dead Horse Beatings" No need to bitch-slap the guys who gave their all, this whole season though, eh?

Last edited:

NJHawk

Reaction score
Team is broken, D, O, coaches, all broken. Sure there a few bright spots but just a mediocre team without alot of changes

evergreen

Reaction score
Too much draft capital and $$ in that stinking heap of shit D. Plus all the other bad moves. Time to go.

BGHawk

Reaction score
It's not even that to me. It's like... what are you talking about? This is the last game of the season. They KNEW that before they won. They still executed a crazy drive and beat a division rival on their way out the door.

These guys are still real people who, some of whom, are never going to step foot into a Seattle locker room again. Some of these guys are never going to step foot onto an NFL field again. Any coach who lets his team sit in the back and stew and be depressed heading home from this victory is a crappy coach and a worse human being.
I'm a real person. If I suck at my job, don't or won't do my job and no other company will hire me..that's on me. If I finally do my job , I wouldn't be smoking cigars and celebrating. Get outta here with that!

RiverDog

Reaction score
You gotta kick it between the uprights just as a QB has to make the pass Geno did. Nothing is a gimme in this game. Especially not from 51 yds. This idea its a gift is silly.
We lost the statistical battle by nearly every measure, total yards, first downs, TOP then won it on two plays that were almost completely out of our control. You can call it what you want, but in my book, that's plenty of justification to call yesterday's win a gift.

And keep in mind that my comments were in reaction to players/coaches lighting up cigars in the locker room when they probably should have been on their knees thanking their Creator.

RiverDog

Reaction score
They didn't earn it? I mean, If the defense didn't stop them to make the FG a long attempt then the ball goes through the uprights.
"Earn" was probably not the right term. I was reacting to what I consider a rather hideous action of players and coaches lighting up cigars in the post-game locker room when their long-time grandfatherly head coach might have his head in the guillotine as a result of their unsatisfactory efforts over the course of the season. That's not something that I'd want to celebrate if I were in their shoes.

It seems to me that they have their priorities wrong.

Last edited:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Jeezuz Morg, They're BUILDING, They KNOW they haven't yet ARRIVED....It's all about their "Feel Good" in their accomplishments this season, THEY KNOW that they haven't yet ARRIVED, and ARE NOT in the conversation for >THE<>> BIG PUSH.
Unrealistic Expectations Much???

Building what? If it's one of the worst defenses ever, they have succeeded.

keasley45

Reaction score
Building what? If it's one of the worst defenses ever, they have succeeded.

And part of the greater problem….

View attachment 63087

Took a missed kick to beat a 4-12 team and your defense got run over again. You controlled your playoff chances but played subpar in the most meaningful games.

Let’s smoke cigars and celebrate?

WTF??
Wasnt this debunked as a celebration for Julian Love becoming a Dad?

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

Contemplative reflection. An appropriate response. Not 'we da best' pumping in the background.

What I would expect from a leader like Bwagz.

Hope to see him next year. Still be repping his number while watching the new season in the fall.

Boycie

Reaction score
Apparently many vets not taking part and Wagner called them out. Saying it's youth on display...
No veteran leadership here! Bobby is the last of the legendary defense. If Kam or Sherman were still on this team, I think that those youngsters might get put in their place. But what do I know? I'm just a late 40s dude yelling at clouds.

seabowl

Reaction score
For many of the new generation it’s not about winning it’s about “making it rain”. Many displays this weekend of players from other teams going nuts as soon as they hit there incentive clauses to make sometimes millions of dollars more. to them, “it’s all about the money”.

Boycie

Reaction score
As usual, jumping to conclusions. The cigars were for Love's kid being born. If you think anyone in that locker room was "celebrating" and not pissed off about missing playoffs, you're delusional.
I agree with you about them celebrating not making the playoffs, but it is the optics and the timing of when they did it.