I need to start the meltdown with this question

Optimus25

Reaction score
What was Shane’s plan? Serious question.

That we could win simply by chucking it up to DK with 40 yd bombs when Geno has a suspect elbow and was basically underthrowing by a full yard or out of bounds every time?

This seemed like the worst game he has called in Seattle, which imo is a very damning situation considering this might have been the most significant game in recent memory to gage our present and future.

I’ve tried to avoid the fire bevell mentality but I’m really sick over this one.

hawker84

Reaction score
Meltdown? I'm not the least bit angry, I knew this was gonna happen. Gonna happen the next 3 weeks too. We my see a 50 burger in Dallas. May see a 40 burger in Philly. As long as Pete is the head coach games against teams with good O and D Lines are gonna be ugly. Because Pete likes to draft skill players over trench monsters.

OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
Meltdown? I'm not the least bit angry, I knew this was gonna happen. Gonna happen the next 3 weeks too. We my see a 50 burger in Dallas. May see a 40 burger in Philly. Gonna be ugly.
Agreed. That will equate to a meltdown. (4 straight losses and this place will be an asylum) I’m starting it off by asking why our OC had the game plan of a peewee squad for the most important game in recent history.

OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
We got beat by a MUCH BETTER team
But why did it take the 3rd quarter for anyone other than DK to get a target?

Not literally but you know my point.

How can SFs defense be so good that Tyler, JSN and Fant can all be blanked?

It’s not them. It’s us. It’s Shane.

cymatica

Reaction score
Pete said their gameplan was to attack the 49ers secondary with the deep attack. They planned this knowing they have an injured patchwork oline and injured QB on a short rest week against one of the best dlines. It was a plan setup for failure.

As soon as they went fast tempo in the 3rd with quick throws up the middle and runs mixed in, they marched up the field. As soon as they resorted back to the deep ball it killed their drive and their momentum. You would think a lightbulb would have gone off in Pete or Shane's head, but they never learn. They keep running into a brick wall instead of using the door that's available.

If they lost the game playing smart football against a better team, I'm ok with that. They show they are incapable of playing smart when they show up with a plan like that.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Pete said their gameplan was to attack the 49ers secondary with the deep attack. They planned this knowing they have an injured patchwork oline and injured QB on a short rest week against one of the best dlines. It was a plan setup for failure.

As soon as they went fast tempo in the 3rd with quick throws up the middle and runs mixed in, they marched up the field. As soon as they resorted back to the deep ball it killed their drive and their momentum. You would think a lightbulb would have gone off in Pete or Shane's head, but they never learn. They keep running into a brick wall instead of using the door that's available.

If they lost the game playing smart football against a better team, I'm ok with that. They show they are incapable of playing smart when they show up with a plan like that.
100%. I'm not opposed to them taking deep shots here and there. The one attempt would have been great if DK had his foot in bounds. But over and over again, given the circumstances and situation, made zero sense.

Pete said next thing they need to do now is prepare the gameplan for Dallas... I'm not too confident the light bulb is going to come on.

cymatica

Reaction score
100%. I'm not opposed to them taking deep shots here and there. The one attempt would have been great if DK had his foot in bounds. But over and over again, given the circumstances and situation, made zero sense.

Pete said next thing they need to do now is prepare the gameplan for Dallas... I'm not too confident the light bulb is going to come on.
Maybe when Shotty and Quinn embarrass Pete he'll finally get it...... Nah who am I kidding