The humble, grateful, articulate & detailed Tyler Lockett

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Tyler Lockett is a valued team member of a combined force.

Winning strategies embrace the power of diversity as well as the overwhelming leverage provided by combined forces. Those that don't treasure and respect that ...... do so at their own peril.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Tical21":1a3o6qbp said:
SoulfishHawk":1a3o6qbp said:
No, you're constantly talking crap about Russ, 24/7. It's old. Move on man.
Go Hawks.

Grounded? Maybe you should relax and stop being so angry about everything.
I've enjoyed our computer argument. Have a great day.
when did I talk crap about Russ? If you think I'm angry or get angry, you don't know me very well. There has been a definite shift from alphas to betas in the locker room. Do you agree? And having too many betas is not good. Do you agree? That's all I'm saying.
Talk to anyone who knew or met Junior Seau and they’ll tell you what a sweet, kind man he was. That had nothing to do with his play on the field.

Troy Polamalu: same deal. Super nice, sweet guy off the field, monster on it.

Walter Payton: nice guy, good dancer, practical joker. On the field he would deliberately try to run guys over and punish them so they wouldn’t want to tackle him.

How about Mr. Largent? Seems like a good dude to me. He still slobber-knocked Harden.

Guys can be “dawgs” on the field and still be so-called “betas” off of it.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Tical21":1z2y9u2l said:
I'm done with this dance. If you guys can't see that we aren't a bunch of bad-assed mothers anymore, and that you need a lot of those types in the game of football, I can't help you.

Our team strategy is built on running the football and defense. We call simple plays and rely on our toughness and will to punish our opponents. In order to do that, you need to be more bad-assed than your opponents. Right now we are not. We will not win to previous levels with Pete's methodology until we are. Bottom line.

Not every person has to be a Lynch. We need some, but Tyler is fine for what he is. Quit angling for attention.

And everyone else...the sooner you quit feeding these trolls, the sooner they go away.

Tical21

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":14sqoy31 said:
Tical21":14sqoy31 said:
I'm done with this dance. If you guys can't see that we aren't a bunch of bad-assed mothers anymore, and that you need a lot of those types in the game of football, I can't help you.

Our team strategy is built on running the football and defense. We call simple plays and rely on our toughness and will to punish our opponents. In order to do that, you need to be more bad-assed than your opponents. Right now we are not. We will not win to previous levels with Pete's methodology until we are. Bottom line.

Not every person has to be a Lynch. We need some, but Tyler is fine for what he is. Quit angling for attention.

And everyone else...the sooner you quit feeding these trolls, the sooner they go away.
I angled for attention? Me? Cause that so fits my MO. Pot. Kettle.

I don't care about Seau or Polamalu or whomever. We, us, for the swagger that we need to achieve to play our best, as has been painfully proven over the past few season, need to be the bully. That's how we get our confidence. That's what made other teams wilt. It's the root of all our success. Until we become the bully again, under this regime, we have no shot at getting more rings. Zero. It is really hard to do when you have more humble, grateful, articulate & detailed players than you do bad-arsed mothers.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I don't get where you're getting that the Griffins are GOLLY GEE THE SUNSHINE SURE IS GREEEAAAT sort of vibe from. Both of the Griffins are quite physical in their play style. Don't think Clark, Wagner or Reed fit that MO either. We also have another receiver on our team that imitated himself taking a crap on the opposing teams logo in the endzone. Sometimes he is called the second coming of Steve Smith, a very pissed off, angry fellow that played with rage.

On offense, not very high on Tyler Lockett. He looked like he was plodding around with concrete shoes on last season. The injury he has is one some never recover from. I think he is going to be relegated to slot receiver duty. Something like a Bobby Engram character. Don't know if he will ever be that good, if he ever reaches that I will be stoked. He still has a knack for returning, but as a receiver I think pre 2007 Seahawks Engram is his ceiling. Unfortunately he might be hard pressed to find a lot of playing time with Doug Baldwin around, whom is quite possibly the best WR at working the slot position in the NFL.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I think Tical is right that we're missing that alpha dawg mentality now that Sherman is gone, Kam is likely done, and Earl doesn't seem long for the team. Clem, Red, and Mike B also exuded that personality in some way.

I don't think we need that to win just because we had it when we won last time, just like I don't think we need a dominant run game just because we had it last when we won before. The team needs to evolve with the league and its own changing personnel.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Our "dawgs" were a bunch of nobody's barring 1st-rounder Earl Thomas who isn't really one of the loudest barkers - and certainly wasn't as a rookie. Nobody would point to rookie Richard Sherman 5th-round pick converted from WR as a backup corner and say "there goes a BAD man".

Bennett? When he came here, people were like "who?". Same with Avril.

Just because you haven't heard them bark, or they don't bark loudly enough for you, don't assume we don't have dawgs.

They proved it on the field, THEN they barked. Give this group a chance to prove themselves. Otherwise it's bark without bite, and nobody's afraid of that.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":xfe1xk05 said:
Our "dawgs" were a bunch of nobody's barring 1st-rounder Earl Thomas who isn't really one of the loudest barkers - and certainly wasn't as a rookie. Nobody would point to rookie Richard Sherman 5th-round pick converted from WR as a backup corner and say "there goes a BAD man".

Just because you haven't heard them bark, or they don't bark loudly enough for you, don't assume we don't have dawgs.

They proved it on the field, THEN they barked. Give this group a chance to prove themselves. Otherwise it's bark without bite, and nobody's afraid of that.
Avril and Bennett were actually known by anyone who followed the NFL actively. Avril had 11, and 9.5 sacks the two years before he came here. The year we got Bennett he was coming off of a 9 sack season. These weren't exactly nobodies, people were especially aware of Bennett because he was originally a Seahawk. We let him go after an explosive preseason to keep TWO kickers.

adeltaY

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1i0xvl67 said:
Our "dawgs" were a bunch of nobody's barring 1st-rounder Earl Thomas who isn't really one of the loudest barkers - and certainly wasn't as a rookie. Nobody w
ould point to rookie Richard Sherman 5th-round pick converted from WR as a backup corner and say "there goes a BAD man".

This is somewhat revisionist history IMO. Sherman stepped on the field barking. The LoB definitely did not wait until they were recognized before yapping. They viewed themselves as the best pretty quickly and it took the rest of the league a while to catch up. The "dawg" mentality isn't "We're the best and everyone knows it" it's "We're the best and WE know it and that's all that matters." For example, Jalen Ramsey is a dawg. He was talking trash ever since he stepped on the field, it's just this year when he became an All-Pro and the Jags defense ascended with him that he gets the publicity for it. You don't have to be a first round pick either, you could be a UDFA and still exemplify that mentality - i.e. Jalen's teammate AJ Bouye.

I'll defer to Spin with regards to Avril and Bennett, he nailed that point.

chris98251

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2htey06f said:
KiwiHawk":2htey06f said:

Avril and Bennett were actually known by anyone who followed the NFL actively. Avril had 11, and 9.5 sacks the two years before he came here. The year we got Bennett he was coming off of a 9 sack season. These weren't exactly nobodies, people were especially aware of Bennett because he was originally a Seahawk. We let him go after an explosive preseason to keep TWO kickers.

Again Avril was looked at as someone who benefited from Suh, and Bennett was a system guy presumably.

adeltaY

Reaction score
PFF just released an article about the best WRs vs. different coverages

PFF":1swiksgp said:
5. Tyler Lockett, Seattle Seahawks, 128.8 WR Rating

The smaller-statured Lockett is a menace against press coverage. He finished the 2017 campaign with a WR rating of 128.8 versus press coverage, catching 75.0 percent of his targets for 125 yards and one touchdown, while averaging a very healthy 15.6 yards per reception.

renofox

Reaction score
chris98251":13moc5cz said:
Spin Doctor":13moc5cz said:
KiwiHawk":13moc5cz said:

Again Avril was looked at as someone who benefited from Suh, and Bennett was a system guy presumably.

I remember differently. Bennett and Avril were rated the #1 and #2 free agent DEs and both were in the top 10 available free agents on nearly every list that offseason. I was extremely surprised when the DE market tanked and the Seahawks were able to acquire both at ridiculously low cost.

Hawk1217

Reaction score
adeltaY":rkitvc0a said:
PFF just released an article about the best WRs vs. different coverages

PFF":rkitvc0a said:
5. Tyler Lockett, Seattle Seahawks, 128.8 WR Rating

The smaller-statured Lockett is a menace against press coverage. He finished the 2017 campaign with a WR rating of 128.8 versus press coverage, catching 75.0 percent of his targets for 125 yards and one touchdown, while averaging a very healthy 15.6 yards per reception.

There is no doubt if healthy Lockett is a beast. I just hope Wr #3 is over 6 foot since Lockett and Doug are under. Be nice to have some size.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
chris98251":1xrl9pmt said:
Yeah there are guys that are just passive people and generally just nice, and there are generally nice people that can flip a switch when they are in competition. Ask Harden how Soft Steve Largent was, as everyone who lined up against Reggie White on the football field, or Alex Karras. All were great people off the field or as team mates.

Great point. Merlin Olsen comes to mind.

Latest posts