The great 2014 Russell Wilson Colin Kaepernick debate

HansGruber

Reaction score
paramedic586":1e5z9c8l said:
HansGruber":1e5z9c8l said:
paramedic586":1e5z9c8l said:
hawkfan68":1e5z9c8l said:
Russell Wilson > Colin Kaepernick.

Russell has a better career QBR, QB passer rating, and comp pct than Kaep.
Russell plays behind a lesser OL than Kaep does and produces better numbers.

Debate over.

Actually kaepernick had a better qbr this year. The 49ers line is great at run blocking but nearly as dominate in pass protection. Statistically they a very close. I don't know where people get this notion that kaepernick folds under pressure either. He brought the 49ers back from the second largest deficit in post season history in the nfccg last year.

From a consistency stand point Wilson is much more consistent. But when kaepernick is playing his best football I would give the edge to kaepernick.

My overall grade right now is kaepernick=Wilson

And then he floated a pass 10 feet above everyone's heads out the back of the end zone on 4th and goal with the game on the line. When he had an open receiver on the other side and clear lane in front of him.

I'm not saying he's the next Ryan leaf, but better than Wilson? Pfffft.

Actually it was a perfectly thrown ball if Crabtree wasn't held. Espn did a segment on it. And there was an all out blitz coming straight up the middle. I don't believe Ryan leaf made it to a super bowl and nfccg his first two years of playing. Since statistics actually prove my point would you like to make a counter argument?

I'm going to post some video and we can discuss the perfectly thrown pass. That's hilarious. Especially considering that the refs stated no hold was called because the pass was uncatchable and they didn't want to change the outcome. Perrerra even repeated it when asked.

And who cares about a blitz up the middle when the quarterback has rolled out of the pocket to his right and has nothing but grass in front of him?

You're free to believe ESPN who has shown a proclivity to report whatever will generate controversy and views. I'll take the word of refs and former refs and my own eyeballs.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Wilson cmp% 63.1 pyd 3357 ptd 26
Kap. Cmp% 58.4. Pyd 3197 ptd 21

As per espn go
Wilson QBR 100.6
Kap. QBR 111.2
As per NFL. Com

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
RW is at the point where he's a pocket passer to a fault, he's not letting his natural ability take over games. He's consistently running 5 seconds after he should because he's seemingly trying too hard to get a completion, many times he has 5+ yards in front of him.

Call Kap a 1 read Qb but when he sees that 5 yards he takes it for 40 and it's seriously game breaking. I think RW is better but he needs to unleash the kracken so to speak.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawkfannj":5uc1rxuh said:

As per espn go
All that proves is that Wilson is better. What statistics you should be using are Keapernick's road statistics versus Wilson's home statistics...if you want to be taken seriously that is? Oh yeah QBR is a useless mishmash of a made up statistic to put it mildly.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2c9osfz5 said:
RW is at the point where he's a pocket passer to a fault, he's not letting his natural ability take over games. He's consistently running 5 seconds after he should because he's seemingly trying too hard to get a completion, many times he has 5+ yards in front of him.

Call Kap a 1 read Qb but when he sees that 5 yards he takes it for 40 and it's seriously game breaking. I think RW is better but he needs to unleash the kracken so to speak.
Uh oh they might ? Your fandom :sarcasm_on:

HansGruber

Reaction score
paramedic586":39lh1wmm said:
Would you care to state your case about Wilson using statistics now please.

I'd love to.

Russell Wilson Career (first 32 reg season games):
* NFL record: Most wins by a quarterback in first 2 seasons in NFL history.
* NFL record: Most TDs by a quarterback in first 2 seasons in NFL history.
* 6,475 passing yards, 52 TDs, 19 INTs - 1,028 rushing yards and 5 TDs
* Career QB rating of 100.5

2013 season:
* 26 TDs, 9 INTs, 3,352 passing yards, 540 rushing yards 1 TD, QB rating of 101.2
* 13-3 record, NFC #1 seed

Colin Kaepernick Career (first 32 reg season games):
* 5,046 passing yards, 31 TDs, 11 INTs - 937 rushing yards and 9 TDs
* Career QB rating of 93.8
* No NFL records except for number of times QB has walked off the field before the game was over without being a man and shaking hands, and also most games acting like a punk

2013 Season:
* 21 TDs, 8 INTs, 3,197 passing yards, 524 rushing yards 4 TDs, QB rating of 91.6 (declining)
* 12-4 record, NFC #5 seed

So now that I've just dropped the mic, and proven that Kaepernick is statistically inferior to Russell Wilson in every aspect of the game, maybe you can cherry-pick some obscure stat to make your own case?

This should be fun. I'm waiting........

hawkfannj

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2ujlr3ja said:
hawkfannj":2ujlr3ja said:

As per espn go
All that proves is that Wilson is better. What statistics you should be using are Keapernick's road statistics versus Wilson's home statistics...if you want to be taken seriously that is?
Wilson is better statistically .I just had an opinion numbers don't lie I can man up and accept that

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawkfannj":1nyclcz4 said:
KCHawkGirl":1nyclcz4 said:
hawkfannj":1nyclcz4 said:

As per espn go
All that proves is that Wilson is better. What statistics you should be using are Keapernick's road statistics versus Wilson's home statistics...if you want to be taken seriously that is?
Wilson is better statistically .I just had an opinion numbers don't lie I can man up and accept that
Good because that worried me. I think Keapernick is good probably more than most here but it's quite clear Wilson is better and further along in his maturation despite his current funk (which I don't think is on him but the fact he played the best defenses the NFL offers and STILL WON when it mattered).

HansGruber

Reaction score
PS - QBR is the most worthless algorithm ever created outside of the BCS.

I was listening to ESPN radio and Sando joked that he put McGwire's first season stats into the ESPN computers and calculated his QBR and it was higher than Peyton Manning last season. Yeah. For real.

He also said ESPN is scrapping the QBR and starting over because internal research showed how flawed it was. Anyone who takes QBR seriously is someone who should not be taken seriously themselves.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
KitsapHawk":a0d24yk3 said:
hawkfannj":a0d24yk3 said:
Welcome to . Net newbie hans
Troll lol I love it . Get a set lmfao

[youtube]76p_ncbffCE[/youtube]
Really mr 2012
Your input is astonishing

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawkfannj":3qw0130p said:

As per espn go

paramedic586

Reaction score
HansGruber":17noxdi8 said:
paramedic586":17noxdi8 said:

I'd love to.

2013 season:
* 26 TDs, 9 INTs, 3,352 passing yards, 540 rushing yards 1 TD, QB rating of 101.2

* No NFL records except for number of times QB has walked off the field before the game was over without being a man and shaking hands, and also most games acting like a punk

2013 Season:
* 21 TDs, 8 INTs, 3,197 passing yards, 524 rushing yards 4 TDs, QB rating of 91.6 (declining)

So now that I've just dropped the mic, and proven that Kaepernick is statistically inferior to Russell Wilson in every aspect of the game, maybe you can cherry-pick some obscure stat to make your own case?

Kaepernick has started in 32 regular season games. Wilson tied the rookie season td record, he didn't break it. But back to numbers. Statistically kaepernick and wilsons numbers are very close this season. Yes Wilson's are better but they are too close to call Wilson a "superior" qb. Wilson was also sacked more and had more turnovers. So again my assessment is they are equals at this point in there careers.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
paramedic586":26nqgu0a said:
HansGruber":26nqgu0a said:
paramedic586":26nqgu0a said:

I'd love to.

2013 season:

2013 Season:

Kaepernick has started in 32 regular season games. Wilson tied the rookie season td record, he didn't break it. But back to numbers. Statistically kaepernick and wilsons numbers are very close this season. Yes Wilson's are better but they are too close to call Wilson a "superior" qb. Wilson was also sacked more and had more turnovers. So again my assessment is they are equals at this point in there careers.
About the sacks wilson 1 time every 10 drop backs kap 1 every 12 just to throw .#s around

hawkfannj

Reaction score
KitsapHawk":1lismxhc said:
hawkfannj":1lismxhc said:
KitsapHawk":1lismxhc said:
hawkfannj":1lismxhc said:
Welcome to . Net newbie hans
Troll lol I love it . Get a set lmfao

[youtube]76p_ncbffCE[/youtube]
Really mr 2012

Yeah, I stick up for people who you know, were 11 years old in 2007.
Why are you a knight or something?
Moofasa oh say it again

Latest posts