The Day After.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to Seahawkaholics Anonymous. My name is Aros and I am a Seahawkaholic.

I stand before you today like many of you, a bit broken and sad. The Seahawks season comes to a sudden end on the crappy field of Carolina. There's no NFL shows to get hyped about and watch this week. No Seahawks shows to discuss our gameplan as we face the Cardinals in Glendale. No comments like "60 minutes from our third straight Super Bowl!"

Just that empty feeling that 7 months feels like an eternity.

Who wants to stand up and talk next?

Hawkboi

Reaction score
I'm with you Aro's.... Since the loss yesterday, I've had nothing but a sad, empty, lonely feeling inside of me, and so has MizHawk. We're extremely saddened by the loss, and it will take awhile to get over it... :(

Sign37now

Reaction score
I know we can't win it all every year, but this shit sucks. I felt so good going into that game yesterday and we just went out there and laid the biggest first half egg ever...God, I want a do-over for that game...

Optimus25

Reaction score
I lose so much interest i can barely even watch other games.

I'll probably vaguely tune in to the cards game.

Sorry, i have poor starts like Pete.

Let me try again... My name is John, and I'm a Seahawk aholic.

impacthawk

Reaction score
As hard as a loss like this is, to be honest with you, I'm over "it". It meaning the sting of the season ending abruptly. After the game I spoke with my dad on the phone, and by the end of that conversation, we had begun to dicect the roster and look forward to the draft. That's the best thing for me.....look forward.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
I'm over it. Ya gotta have other hobbies.

Pitchers and catchers report in 31 days.

I wish the effin snow would go away. We have to travel to the other side of the mountains to get any golf in.

Our Seahawks are going to be contenders again next season. I'm good with that.

McGruff

Reaction score
Honestly, the offseason is my favorite season, so bring it on. Coaching moves, releases, re-signings, signings, draft, camps and Otas. It's like 6 months of Christmas Eve.

Erebus

Reaction score
My name is Alan and I'm a Seahawkaholic. I thought I would be proud of this team no matter how the season ended. And part of me still is. But it angers and disappoints me to see all the lessons they never learned that ended up biting them in the ass. The worst part right now is having to wait 9 months until more meaningful football.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Unlike the Super Bowl 49 loss, I can get over this one quickly. I mean, look at the season, it didn't turn out very well in the beginning, but the Hawks somehow found a way to make the playoffs. It was a lot of ups and downs. Granted, they won a wild card, but lost yesterday showed they're still here. Again, a lot of it had to do with many things (players injured, questionnable play calling, etc). This team could've easily folded and went 6-10 or worse. But they showed resilience to get themselves back in.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
vpk2y7R.gif

rjdriver

Reaction score
Aros,

Your posts the last 24 hours have been super cool man. I totally relate. I'm actually looking forward to an offseason that's less of a roller coaster. This past year has been exhausting from a Hawks perspective. So glad we have a top 5 QB locked up, it's going to a fun!

BullHawk33

Reaction score
I still find it a luxury to be talking about the Seahawks in January. Some teams have effectively been shut down since early/middle last month. At least we aren't them!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I am Fan80..and am a Seahawkaholic. I am putting up a door right now because I finally have time to do it. I am doing this for 2 reasons....it is cold outside and I dont want it to be cold inside. It is also part of the grieving taking time to do those things that the seahawks took my time away from me to do.

Back to grieving and working....heck in the next month I may go steelhead fishing again. (Maybe next weekend.)

and hey, we dont have to wait all that time for our draft pick this year. We are gonna win the offseason. LOL

Blitzer88

Reaction score
The more time I've had to think about the game...............the more upset I get. Blew a golden opportunity. If we just didn't come out so flat.

Bwarren

Reaction score
My name is Bruce and I am a Seahawkaholic. Sad but true season is over and frankly thank God. It ended just like it started. Inconsistent and passionless in the first half and energy charged in the second. The game was a microcosm of the whole season. I do hope we see changes for the next season; Oline, Bevell, Richards able to make adjustments on the fly and not being held hostage by key players and their injuries(love you Lynch, but it hurt us). I also hope the ego's are checked at the door next year. Talent is there and has always been there. Slow starts suck in football. Pete says its not how you start its how you finish. This year we lost five games because we could not finish, so lets try a quick start and finish also. Thank you for your time and please tip your waitress.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I am at peace, I understand you can't win all the time, but I am looking forward to the next season. We learn from what we can and move on, it is an empty feeling, but I can do a lot of things to prepare myself for September, I will be in the best of my shape, I will learn to be more empathetic and emotionally sensitive to my .Net fans, I will be a better me. There, thats my speech, come next September, I will not shift from who I am am, I will celebrate all wins, and I will be upset for any lost game. GO HAWKS.

seahawks08

Reaction score
And Aros, staring at the avatar does make some of the pain go away :D

Latest posts