The Day After.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Our team innovated and built a Super Bowl winning team. The rest of the league has caught up (or caught on). We need to innovate harder if we're going to rise above the rest of the league. Otherwise, we will still be good, but every year is going to be similar to this year.

But what do I know about football? Not very much.

White Devil

Reaction score
This entire season was a rollercoaster ride from hell. I'm actually pretty happy with how the team finished the season despite all the craziness. Injuries, SB hangover, playing longer seasons than normal over the past 2 seasons.

I think they're going to benefit from a longer offseason. I think the fire will return sooner and an understanding that it takes hard work fro the entire season to make it to the end.

The offense had a complete metamorphosis during the season. I believe with some added focus and resources designated to the offensive line this offseason, that transition to a new style will be complete. Gone are the days of pounding the rock with a Beast behind a patchwork line made to support the run. They'll still run. They'll still run the option. But these guys need to be better pass blockers.

Russell has proven that when he has a pocket, he can be a very productive pocket passer. The future connections between himself and Jimmy should be much more consistent. I expect huge things from the offense next season.

The defense will survive. The defense is going to naturally decline. It has to. If they can keep themselves in the top 10, with an improvement on the offensive side of the ball, then the team should still be in the hunt.

I expect Bennett to get paid for being a good team player all season. He wasn't happy, yet he didn't hold out or affect the team with negativity.

I expect Bruce to get his bucks someplace else.

I think Lane will get a decent contract.

I'm not sure Kam earned any changes to his contract.

Kearse should also be taken care of.

Okung has probably played his final game, imo. You could find someone, anyone to equal the 75% you usually get from his injury prone self. I'd rather have someone lower in skill than he is, but with the durability to play all 16 games.

Lynch has been a helluva Seahawk and I'm sad to see him move on, but he probably will. He'll be playing for the Raiders next season.

All in all it's a good time to be a Seahawks fan. There's absolutely no reason why this team shouldn't be competitive and have a legit shot at another Super Bowl run next season. Rest. Heal up. Get your minds refreshed. The window is still wide open for this team.

capncrunch

Reaction score
Thanks for the post. It didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I guess we have won a lot of playoff games, but not this one. It Blair had make the field goal at the end of the game last week, that would have bothered me more. The whole blowing the fourth quarter lead thing rearing it's ugly head again. Anyway, I'll start to focus on basketball and other things. Looking forward to next year and the moves in between.