The After Glow

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks were in a slump because they just aren't that good. Philly is in a slump because they are playing bad. Big difference.
ROLLY EYES ^^^Ain't nothing Negative get's by your pessimistic demeanor....How sad.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks are pretenders.

And if you do not celebrate this fact, and are against it continuing. You are not true fan.

Hahaha.
You & Pitt havin' a Pity Party where y'all are bobbing for rotten apples? LOLOLOL

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I still think you can use this game to put the other 4 losses in context:

Rams: coin toss loss against a divisional rival on a long field goal after our starting QB went down and missed the final quarter and let the Rams get back in it
49ers: short week with a not-quite 100% QB and missing our 1st choice RB against the best team in the league
Cowboys: hard fought loss against one of the other best (top 4?) teams in the league, in which our starting QB played his only full game behind our starting O-line and looked fantastic, but defense couldn't hold up
49ers: another game with the back-up QB against league's best team, still in it in the 4th quarter but defense not up to scratch
Eagles: still one of the league's best teams, defense did its job and great 4th quarter comeback to seal it.

As it stands we've played the top 4 teams in the NFC and come away 2-3, there's a good chance that if we make the playoffs we will be up against either the Lions or Eagles, both teams we have already beat (could also be the Cowboys, who we came close against), so yeah just keep the optimism for any given sunday - there's not a team in the league that I don't think we can beat on our day

- 2-3....Am I missing a win here?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I wish they went 2 in 3 in the last 5. They flat out gave away the games at Dallas and LA. Should have went 3-2. Yes, they should have won those games.

But, 1-4

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Great win. Was nice waking up knowing the team performed admirably in prime time.

Now, I want to see how they respond. Do they begin rolling, building off this momentum? Or did they blow their wad last night, and go out and lose 2/3 to teams they're honestly superior than.
We reel off a winning streak into the playoffs

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I like to think our last few weeks of negativity was read by the players and coaches, and thus they were like "you know what? The community on .NET is right...we suck. Let's try harder against the Eagles and actually try to make the playoffs"

If you're one of the posters who have been negative, give yourself a pat on the back for helping the team win!!!

themunn

Reaction score
- 2-3....Am I missing a win here?
Lions plus Eagles =wins
49ers x 2 plus Cowboys losses

2-3 against the top 4 teams in NFC

For what it's worth - if you think we are the 5th best team in the NFC (and I think we probably are), then looking at how those other 4 teams have fared against their opposition its:

San Francisco 4-0 (2 wins against us, plus Philly, plus Dallas)
Dallas 2-2 (split with Philly, beat us, lost to SF)
Philly 1-3 (split with Dallas, lost to SF and to us)
Detroit 0-1 (only played us)

The only team that I fear in the playoffs is SF. Same as last year really.

Last edited:

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Man, it's been a minute since I could sit down the day after a game and enjoy watching all the NFL-related shows.

As I mentioned in a previous post, the dopamine high is a real thing. When your team wins, all is right with the world. It's amazing actually, how much emotional investment we place on our team. This place was a brutal cesspool of negativity during that 4 game losing streak and it's completely understandable. Had we lost last night, I shudder to think of the tone of .NET today.

No, a win doesn't magically erase our feelings about what needs to be done for this team moving forward. What it does do is soften the narrative if even for a day.

Did Pete save his job last night? We will never know. There's a million questions worth asking and a million answers we may not have.

So cheers. Just enjoy the day, basking in the subtle limelight of beating one of the NFL's darling East Coast teams.

We always have tomorrow to return to our regularly scheduled programming.
Definitely a lot more traffic on .NET the last couple days which makes for a more enjoyable experience…

ZagHawk

Reaction score
There was one thing I hated about the win...

I got a bunch of thank you texts from Cowboys fans I know. It made me feel dirty.

You also had Niner fans rooting for your team to win too. Meaning their lead was so much higher than yours in the division and they are so confident in smashing you again...they could root for you to win a game...

LTH

Reaction score
Fade is Satan ? Hey, Fade, we need to talk about that deal we made where I was going to be a rock star.
Just for the record I call Fade Satan as a joke because we are such polar opposites...

Last edited:

evergreen

Reaction score
What's sad is you still thinking Seattle is a good team. They are mediocre and average. Nothing more.
This is true so far. It’s not a coincidence that we look so much better since getting Lucas back. The mediocre team was full of second stringers. Look how good the Niners were with Trent and Deebo out. Clearly to this point we are mediocre at best. 7-7 and lots of points better opposition. Good team’s score more than the opposition.
But the only thing that matters is how you are playing at the end. We’re picking it up.

Latest posts