The Bennett 3 Pump

bigskydoc

Reaction score
WmHBonney":32wxuqmb said:
I am against anything that hurts the team. This negated a great play. As long as it is a rule, then don't break the rule if it is going to hurt the team.

No. The defensive holding negated a great play. The unsportsmanlike conduct was not accepted.

nash72

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3vzwzgor said:
Uncle Si":3vzwzgor said:
Not agreeing with seahawksny overall view of the issue... but the rule is the rule. And regardless what the fans or players think about it, the players should do their best to abide by those rules or they will hurt the team. Imagine that 15 yard penalty if the score was 10-3 and not 21-3. This thread would be 4 pages long

Wise words.

Change the rule, but in the meantime, abide by it and don't hurt the team.

I agree with those saying the league has become a watered down version of its former self. Unfortunately that kind of wimpification goes beyond the NFL. Seems to be ingrained in our culture these days.

Speaking of culture, I guess i'm too old or was brought up differently, but I see nothing funny or attractive about somebody celebrating after a play with sexual gestures.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
nash72":3f6umzki said:
semiahmoo":3f6umzki said:
Uncle Si":3f6umzki said:
Not agreeing with seahawksny overall view of the issue... but the rule is the rule. And regardless what the fans or players think about it, the players should do their best to abide by those rules or they will hurt the team. Imagine that 15 yard penalty if the score was 10-3 and not 21-3. This thread would be 4 pages long

Wise words.

Change the rule, but in the meantime, abide by it and don't hurt the team.

I agree with those saying the league has become a watered down version of its former self. Unfortunately that kind of wimpification goes beyond the NFL. Seems to be ingrained in our culture these days.

Speaking of culture, I guess i'm too old or was brought up differently, but I see nothing funny or attractive about somebody celebrating after a play with sexual gestures.

Whatever, I'm 64 and dug the hell out of it. At least I'm having fun instead of starching my underwear.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
seahawksny":z0gcoknw said:
He's an idiot
Glad he was penalized. Should learn his lesson but he wont.

Sooner or later they need to take away touchdowns as well. Desean Jackson type penalties should result in revoked points.

It's time that players need to learn that they aren't bigger than the game.

Goes for coaches arguing as well. I said it a Million times that harbaugh should have been thrown out of multiple games for his idiotic rants.
I heard one of Rogers lackeys was recently let go. You should apply for the position.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Marlin Man":d7fq93po said:
Yeah there was some real "leadership" for you. What a dumb-azz move

M.M.
Yes, that's why we are all entertained by this game...because it's so serious and strict! [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES][PILE OF POO]

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Seafan":f004lpwj said:
Bennett's penalties usually extends drives. Glad he lost the sack. Too bad the Rams couldn't score a TD and hurt the defense's attempt to lead the league. Perhaps that might get his attention if RS25 got pissed over something important.
Yes, very 'important.' Right up there with the safety of a loved one.

Reaction score
Oh boy - only the NFL would not want "gyration celebrations" - but have no problem doing the zoomed in super slow mo close up of the cheerleaders boobs bouncing while they dance. Hypocrites.

Mase

Reaction score
-- Here's a crazy thought, find the middle ground. Which in this case is exactly what created the penalty. The NFL is not preventing a sack celebration, they are just trying keep things moving, and hopefully prevent retaliation for any drawn out dance routines. The league has made it very clear, and has applied it with Antonio Brown and Odell Beckham. Two thrusts, that is it. You can do two, no problem, but if you do a third, we are throwing the flag. They have to set the mark somewhere, and the league chose two gyrations. Honestly, I would bet that if the limit was three, Bennett would have done four.

-- Also, would some of you just stop with the pansy league act, it is so tired. The league is just trying to survive. There are better athletes playing this sport today than ever have. Bigger, faster, stronger. And now that the league's dirty secret about concussions is public knowledge, they have to tone down the the risk of fatality. If you have a problem with how the game is being played, go watch something else, because this is the direction, and it isn't changing. If Ricardo Lockette would have died on the field last year, it would have turned a lot of people off of the sport. Maybe not you guys, as you are obviously non-pansy tough guys, but the league would have lost viewership. The new rules have nothing to do with player safety, they are for viewer retention. Wise up, it is this game today, or no game ten years from now.

Mase

nash72

Reaction score
Largent80":1bw9km29 said:
nash72":1bw9km29 said:

Whatever, I'm 64 and dug the hell out of it. At least I'm having fun instead of starching my underwear.

Glad your so easily entertained. The Largents and Barry Sanders of the sports world must have bored you to death.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
nash72":18qglom7 said:
Largent80":18qglom7 said:
nash72":18qglom7 said:

Glad your so easily entertained. The Largents and Barry Sanders of the sports world must have bored you to death.

Look, I don't need to be some dyed in the wool traditionalist that poo-poos everything that some else tells me I need to poo-poo.

I LIKE the all green as well. I don't need to bitch about uniforms, celebrations and which side of the plate a salad fork goes on.

seahawksny

Reaction score
TaFeargOrm":191znda9 said:
seahawksny":191znda9 said:
He's an idiot

Sooner or later they need to take away touchdowns as well. Desean Jackson type penalties should result in revoked points.

Goes for coaches arguing as well. I said it a Million times that harbaugh should have been thrown out of multiple games for his idiotic rants.

Bro ... Taking away a TD? Harbaughs rants made it that much more entertaining. I loved the pirouette!

Watching him cry like a bitch getting thrown our would have been more entertaining.

McGruff

Reaction score
Mase":3g5iaih8 said:
-- Here's a crazy thought, find the middle ground. Which in this case is exactly what created the penalty. The NFL is not preventing a sack celebration, they are just trying keep things moving, and hopefully prevent retaliation for any drawn out dance routines. The league has made it very clear, and has applied it with Antonio Brown and Odell Beckham. Two thrusts, that is it. You can do two, no problem, but if you do a third, we are throwing the flag. They have to set the mark somewhere, and the league chose two gyrations. Honestly, I would bet that if the limit was three, Bennett would have done four.

-- Also, would some of you just stop with the pansy league act, it is so tired. The league is just trying to survive. There are better athletes playing this sport today than ever have. Bigger, faster, stronger. And now that the league's dirty secret about concussions is public knowledge, they have to tone down the the risk of fatality. If you have a problem with how the game is being played, go watch something else, because this is the direction, and it isn't changing. If Ricardo Lockette would have died on the field last year, it would have turned a lot of people off of the sport. Maybe not you guys, as you are obviously ndon-pansy tough guys, but the league would have lost viewership. The new rules have nothing to do with player safety, they are for viewer retention. Wise up, it is this game today, or no game ten years from now.

Mase

Excellent point. Even if a haTE SOME of the celebrations, I appreciate that they are allowed. I also appreciate that they are moderated. But some of the moderation seems arbitrary. 2 pumps but not 3? It's just weird. If I were the NFL I'd say no sexual gestures allowed all. And if theme is a concern, put a 5 second limit followed by a delay penalty or some such.

seahawksny

Reaction score
McGruff":209r2kld said:
Mase":209r2kld said:

-- Also, would some of you just stop with the pansy league act, it is so tired. The league is just trying to survive. There are better athletes playing this sport today than ever have. Bigger, faster, stronger. And now that the league's dirty secret about concussions is public knowledge, they have to tone down the the risk of fatality. If you have a problem with how the game is being played, go watch something else, because this is the direction, and it isn't changing. If Ricardo Lockette would have died on the field last year, it would have turned a lot of people off of the sport. Maybe not you guys, as you are obviously ndon-pansy tough guys, but the league would have lost viewership. The new rules have nothing to do with player safety, they are for viewer retention. Wise up, it is this game today, or no game ten years from now.

Mase

Excellent point. Even if a haTE SOME of the celebrations, I appreciate that they are allowed. I also appreciate that they are moderated. But some of the moderation seems arbitrary. 2 pumps but not 3? It's just weird. If I were the NFL I'd say no sexual gestures allowed all. And if theme is a concern, put a 5 second limit followed by a delay penalty or some such.

It's very difficult to assess. 2, not 3 yes very arbitrary.
Almost reminds me of calling balls aND strikes where it's under the discretion of the umpire and that can't be disputed. Hkwever, that's been a part of baseball for a hundred years and one of the reasons it makes it great IMO. This, on other hand, does not make game great. Maybe great entertainment, that's it.

Desean Jackson i would flag EVERY time, whereas Victor cruz I wouldn't be so quick to draw flag. It's not so simple, both excessive, but one makes more of mockery than other IMO

bigskydoc

Reaction score
My daughter loves it, even though she is too young to "get it." When she had her choice of painted players to stand in front of during the Clink Tour, this is the one she chose.

MxLitfm

bigskydoc

Reaction score
MissoulaHawkFan":3q9ma3ky said:
Oh boy - only the NFL would not want "gyration celebrations" - but have no problem doing the zoomed in super slow mo close up of the cheerleaders boobs bouncing while they dance. Hypocrites.

And super slow mo, lets look at it from 5 angles, videos of grisly injuries. "See how his leg just snapped there?"

seahawksny

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3kt6c8gd said:
seahawksny":3kt6c8gd said:
He's an idiot

I heard one of Rogers lackeys was recently let go. You should apply for the position.

Who?

nash72

Reaction score
Largent80":2pztuzcn said:
nash72":2pztuzcn said:
Largent80":2pztuzcn said:
nash72":2pztuzcn said:

I don't need to bitch about uniforms, celebrations and which side of the plate a salad fork goes on.

Lucky for us. That at least frees up time for you to bitch on this internet forum.

chris98251

Reaction score
Largent80":238qp4k7 said:
nash72":238qp4k7 said:
Largent80":238qp4k7 said:
nash72":238qp4k7 said:

Look, I don't need to be some dyed in the wool traditionalist that poo-poos everything that some else tells me I need to poo-poo.

I LIKE the all green as well. I don't need to bitch about uniforms, celebrations and which side of the plate a salad fork goes on.

Because you mentioned it and people want to know. :)

THCB64392A02 13 1b