The Bennett 3 Pump

RichNhansom

Reaction score
seahawksny":3w4fy7j3 said:
Uncle Si":3w4fy7j3 said:
Not agreeing with seahawksny overall view of the issue... but the rule is the rule. And regardless what the fans or players think about it, the players should do their best to abide by those rules or they will hurt the team. Imagine that 15 yard penalty if the score was 10-3 and not 21-3. This thread would be 4 pages long

This.....

Also....

With the exception of a couple runs against new orleans, and then again in arizona, a certain running back who led us to a super bowl, rarely celebrated. When his teammates mobbed him, he would have them back off and shake his hand.. so for all of you who call this a pansy league, and would rather have him celebrate like Victor cruz.. you're right.. maybe we should trade the Super bowl we won for more players like Bennett that have more "fun"

The one who was probably the most instrumental player on the team that season didn't "have fun." It would have been better if we had a running back that celebrated more excessively, right?

I know you're all going to disagree with me on this,
I can't speak for everybody, but I sure had fun watching number 24 NOT CELEBRATE like other Clown players in this league.

Huh? Are you referring to the guy who grabbed his crotch crossing the end zone? More than once?

I love Lynch but his hand shake celebration was meant as an insult to the NFL not because he was trying to be classy.

Boycie

Reaction score
Largent80":2xo7uh5l said:
As for the penalty, ESPN’s Kevin Seifert noted that the NFL rulebook specifically outlaws “gyrations” in celebrations. Bennett’s teammates on defense were still laughing about it in the locker room. Here’s what some of them had to say:

McDaniel: “Yeah, that was three pumps. Definitely three pumps. I was counting out, 1, 2, oh no. … I talked to him in practice about it, I said, two pumps, Michael Bennett. I need to get back to a conversation where I’m gotta have a sit-down and have a talk with him. Two pumps only, sir.”

Reed: “I figured it was coming because Mike’s been out for a minute. I figured it was coming. I think he forgot about the two- or three-pump rule or whatever it is.”

Wagner: “I thought he was gonna do two. Soon as he did the third, I was hoping that they didn’t penalize him, but they got him.”

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/222191/yu ... oove-back/

[youtube]RGJb2iLvOKE[/youtube]

Hahahaha, I thought of this as soon as the penalty happened.

seahawksny

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3l02672b said:
seahawksny":3l02672b said:
Uncle Si":3l02672b said:
Not agreeing with seahawksny overall view of the issue... but the rule is the rule. And regardless what the fans or players think about it, the players should do their best to abide by those rules or they will hurt the team. Imagine that 15 yard penalty if the score was 10-3 and not 21-3. This thread would be 4 pages long

This.....

Also....

With the exception of a couple runs against new orleans, and then again in arizona, a certain running back who led us to a super bowl, rarely celebrated. When his teammates mobbed him, he would have them back off and shake his hand.. so for all of you who call this a pansy league, and would rather have him celebrate like Victor cruz.. you're right.. maybe we should trade the Super bowl we won for more players like Bennett that have more "fun"

The one who was probably the most instrumental player on the team that season didn't "have fun." It would have been better if we had a running back that celebrated more excessively, right?

I can't speak for everybody, but I sure had fun watching number 24 NOT CELEBRATE like other Clown players in this league.

Huh? Are you referring to the guy who grabbed his crotch crossing the end zone? More than once?

I love Lynch but his hand shake celebration was meant as an insult to the NFL not because he was trying to be classy.

No I was referring to Curt Warner LOL
yes Lynch
I only remember him doing it twice.

253hawk

Reaction score
And I thought the pearl-clutching from all of these crusty old owners was bad...

seahawksny

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2kfiyr8o said:
seahawksny":2kfiyr8o said:
Uncle Si":2kfiyr8o said:

This.....

Also....

also i dont think his hand shaking was insult to the nfl. It was more along the lines of how he let his play do the talking. He didnt like the attention, hence he never spoke to media

cymatica

Reaction score
i think it looks ridiculous seeing some of these celebrations every time they get a stop, 1st down, or sack. Act like youve done it before

Benett did it right in front of the official too, that is just stupid.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I'm ticked that the sack was taken away.

Defensive holding is +5
-10 sack+ 15 yard unsportsmanlike is +5 as well

The ref clearly said the Rams declined the defensive hold. Originally Elias sports bureau had this as a sack but later reversed it to the defensive holding call.

This was their own interpretation of the rule rather than what the Rams actually elected to do. Because the yardage is the same, it doesn't matter, but statistically it does.

sutz

Reaction score
seahawksny":c4s9ui5w said:
He's an idiot
Glad he was penalized. Should learn his lesson but he wont.

Sooner or later they need to take away touchdowns as well. Desean Jackson type penalties should result in revoked points.

It's time that players need to learn that they aren't bigger than the game.

Goes for coaches arguing as well. I said it a Million times that harbaugh should have been thrown out of multiple games for his idiotic rants.
[youtube]RmwqnqL3Hbg[/youtube]

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2xd3mjua said:

Wise words.

Change the rule, but in the meantime, abide by it and don't hurt the team.

I agree with those saying the league has become a watered down version of its former self. Unfortunately that kind of wimpification goes beyond the NFL. Seems to be ingrained in our culture these days.

JGreen79

Reaction score
I would much rather him try to catch the flag after going offsides and then throw it back at the ref. The dude needs to have some class.

hawk12

Reaction score
Three pumps: The Video

[tweet]https://twitter.com/whoisjoserivera/status/809619641290981376[/tweet]

semiahmoo

Reaction score
hawk12":38sbwi30 said:
Three pumps: The Video

[tweet]https://twitter.com/whoisjoserivera/status/809619641290981376[/tweet]

That was funny.

ivotuk

Reaction score
The problem with MB's celebration, it says "ME first!" "Team second"

He knew it was against the rules, he knew the other 10 guys on the field had just laid it all out there to get the stop, he did it anyway.

Now the defense has to go back out on the field. What does that accomplish?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Wow a bunch of sour pusses in here! lol lighten up francis.

NFL needs LESS rules not MORE..... but yes anyone seen having fun will be shot on site.....

edogg23

Reaction score
lukerguy":hr5p5jtg said:
I'm ticked that the sack was taken away.

Defensive holding is +5
-10 sack+ 15 yard unsportsmanlike is +5 as well

The ref clearly said the Rams declined the defensive hold. Originally Elias sports bureau had this as a sack but later reversed it to the defensive holding call.

This was their own interpretation of the rule rather than what the Rams actually elected to do. Because the yardage is the same, it doesn't matter, but statistically it does.

It had to be defensive holding or else it would have been 4th down instead of 1st down.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Laugh out loud funny that two gyrations aren't penalized but three are. Teammates saying they knew it was coming makes it even funnier.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I think it is really dumb that it is a penalty. That said, Mike knows that it is, too. He is willfully choosing to lose 15. Don't have to hump the air after a sack. A little over excited after his first big play coming back from the knee surgery.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
seahawksny":dtg4v2w8 said:
RichNhansom":dtg4v2w8 said:
seahawksny":dtg4v2w8 said:
Uncle Si":dtg4v2w8 said:

This.....

Also....

also i dont think his hand shaking was insult to the nfl. It was more along the lines of how he let his play do the talking. He didnt like the attention, hence he never spoke to media

He started the hand shake after being fined for the crotch grab. It is mocking the league for being petty.

He could put a thumbs up or give a high five or even just smile and run off the field. Instead he chose to go out of his way and purposely make a joke of it.

Pretty sure Lynch doesn't care what the NFL thinks. His interviews alone should display that. I seriously doubt he was worried about how he portrays himself either.

TaFeargOrm

Reaction score
seahawksny":2gbzgezc said:
He's an idiot
Glad he was penalized. Should learn his lesson but he wont.

Sooner or later they need to take away touchdowns as well. Desean Jackson type penalties should result in revoked points.

It's time that players need to learn that they aren't bigger than the game.

Goes for coaches arguing as well. I said it a Million times that harbaugh should have been thrown out of multiple games for his idiotic rants.

Bro ... Taking away a TD? Harbaughs rants made it that much more entertaining. I loved the pirouette!