The 10AM Dragon Has Been Slayed

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Especially for us older diehards, the 10am game was a thing to dread, looming on the schedule. We would wait for the schedule to come out in April and almost every 10am game we would say "That's a loss." It absolutely sucked to know with near certainty when you could predict the L's in Spring.

Not anymore.

I can't recall the exact stat (I was a little fuzzy late last night catching up on all the post game love) but it was something like the Seahawks have won the last 15 of 18 games in the 10am PST slot. No matter what the actual stat is, it's a mind-numbing turn around for a franchise that would hand out L's in the 10am slot like it was their obligation.

One of the many things I love about Pete Carroll is his magic when it comes to preparing the team for these early game matchups. It's extraordinary in fact. I'm not sure what the magic sauce is but the proof is in the stats.

I can't believe I find myself, all these years later, looking at the schedule at all the 10am games saying "That's a win".

One of my favorite aspects of the PC Era. Thank you coach.

Ee37vwlt6uj1umprlz8i

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
Remember under Holmgren whenever there was a 10:00am game start on the schedule it nearly guaranteed the Hawks would come out lethargic? Now the Hawks are able to go down and score on the first possession. An 18-play possession!

GGotskill

Reaction score
It's insane how well Pete and his staff gets these guys up for 10am games. Complete opposite with Holmgren.

PC actually improved the prep process. Holmgren would never practice early, and just expected the players to be able to adjust on the fly. PC practices early so those 10am games aren't a huge physiological barrier.