Bobo Has Gone From...

NoGain

Reaction score
...an UDFA who may or may not make the taxi squad to (I can't believe I'm saying this) a legit NFL starter who looks like he's going to have a long and productive career in the league if he remains healthy. If this guy was on KC, is there any question that Mahomes would be hitting him consistently over the course of a season starting now? The guy just knows how to play the game. His football IQ is off the charts, and you can tell he just loves to play the game.

I'm a Pac 12/UW fan. I saw this guy play at UCLA. He stood out. I was like...who is this guy.? I kind of forgot about him at draft time, but when I heard the Hawks signed him as an UDFA, I was very curious if what I saw in college would translate to the pros? Well... it has.

We've got some young guys that I really love as players. Spoon tops the list for reasons that are obvious to me and anyone who's paying attention. But Bobo's not far off the pace. I'm also excited about Walker, Char, Lucas (come back soon), Brown, Macintosh, Mafe, JSN, Olu...it's a great list of young talent. Really excited.

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
Bobo was highly recommended by Chip Kelly, who knows a thing or two about offense and offense players. According Chip:

“Jake was the leading receiver at Duke and then they had a coaching change so he put his name in the (transfer) portal. I have a great relationship with (former Duke head coach) David Cutcliffe and Cut told me that he’s probably second to Peyton Manning in terms of being a practice player. That really got us excited.”​
When Bobo showed up, the impact was immediate for the Bruins.​
“He automatically became the leader in our wide receiver room and was our leading receiver last year,” Kelly said. “I think he’s position-versatile. He can play both inside receiver and outside receiver. … He’s got tremendous range in terms of being able to catch the ball away from his body. He’s a tremendous route runner. I think he’s kind of a steal.”​

Chip basically said that Bobo off the field was an instant locker room leader and a dedicated practice player, on the field Bobo was a tremendous route runner that catches the ball away from his body. "Cut" as mentioned by Kelly was QB coach to both Mannings.

toffee

Reaction score
Video for Bobo's TD catch, one may say Geno throw was high risk as Bobo was well covered. Bobo jumped a nano second before the CB, but under slow motion, the CB jumped higher than him but at that point Bobo already one handed the ball. On his way down, CB's hand touched the ball which was held only by Bobo's right hand, but somehow the ball wasn't swept away. Tip toeing the right foot was pure instinct, let's make that good instinct.

This's highlight reel stuff.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Bobo was highly recommended by Chip Kelly, who knows a thing or two about offense and offense players. According Chip:

“Jake was the leading receiver at Duke and then they had a coaching change so he put his name in the (transfer) portal. I have a great relationship with (former Duke head coach) David Cutcliffe and Cut told me that he’s probably second to Peyton Manning in terms of being a practice player. That really got us excited.”​
When Bobo showed up, the impact was immediate for the Bruins.​
“He automatically became the leader in our wide receiver room and was our leading receiver last year,” Kelly said. “I think he’s position-versatile. He can play both inside receiver and outside receiver. … He’s got tremendous range in terms of being able to catch the ball away from his body. He’s a tremendous route runner. I think he’s kind of a steal.”​

Chip basically said that Bobo off the field was an instant locker room leader and a dedicated practice player, on the field Bobo was a tremendous route runner that catches the ball away from his body. "Cut" as mentioned by Kelly was QB coach to both Mannings.

That's some high praise! Wonderful!

sc85sis

Reaction score
Totally different guys, yet he reminds me of Angry Doug in the way he’s willing to do whatever is needed to help the team. These are guys not afraid to stick their nose in there and just outwork everyone.

More Bobo!

knownone

Reaction score
I still can't believe this guy ran a 4.99. I don't know who the comparison is. But he looked fantastic today.

toffee

Reaction score
I still can't believe this guy ran a 4.99. I don't know who the comparison is. But he looked fantastic today.
I won't be surprised that Bobo and Lockett have the best hands amongst our WRs, these two and may be Uncle Will.

chris98251

Reaction score
4.99 hmm, says something to those DB's he is getting by doesn't it, how many O lineman or even D lineman have faster 40 times then what they have listed for him, no way he runs a 4.99. Glad they listed him that way though, we have a steal, he is not going to get off the 53 ever now, he has two or three catches that are highlight reel grabs and he is just getting started. If he hits the open market he is gone as well.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Combine speed is totally different than game speed. The guy gets open and catches anything in his zip code. Largent was fast, yet he always found himself open. Gotta' love players like that. Great route running, great hands and always finding themselves wide open. So far, a hell of a start for Bobo.

toffee

Reaction score
Combine speed is totally different than game speed. The guy gets open and catches anything in his zip code. Largent was fast, yet he always found himself open. Gotta' love players like that. Great route running, great hands and always finding themselves wide open. So far, a hell of a start for Bobo.
Jerry Rice was a certified 4.7 sec guy, and I remember Steve young a 4.55 sec guy himself, jokingly teased Rice about it.