Tha Monstar Will Not be Outworked

zhawk

Reaction score
mr kearly,

and trade a pick for a very unhealthy Leon Washington

no disrespect, but did you think the leon Washington was a bad trade?

i'm no expert, but I was exited by what could be when we got him. and I believe he delivered. I understand why they did it but I was sad to see him go.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2uqqbo1d said:
Man I really hope that his knees don't hold him back anymore, I really want to see what he can do for our team.

Can you explain. You seem like this has been a major issue for him in the past.

He hurt his knee in the 3rd QTR of the SEC Championship, came back in the 4th QTR of that game. Had an MRI, had a few weeks of recovery, came back was able to practice with team when post-season practices began (without non-contact) jersey, and played vs Notre Dame in the BCS.

Smartly, of course he had his knee scoped at the end of the season in which he declined invitation to the Senior Bowl and only participated in the Bench Press at the Combine. He was recovered enough by his Pro Day to post an outstanding 4.92 40 at 323 pounds.

Since joining the Seahawks, I've read nothing on the Seahawks holding him back in practice because of his knees, I've only heard positives things about both Defensive Tackles but nothing negative on Jesse Williams' knees... and the Seahawks are giving Jesse Williams first crack at Branch's spot pretty much telling him that its his job to lose. Do what you do well and its his.

Even allowing the Williams to practice on his own in Australia, tells me that the Seahawks are very confident about William's medical concerns. Sure they'll monitor the knee has a pre-caution but I don't think these issues need to continue to be overblown until Williams actually has an issue with it that's worth talking about.

So far since his injury, there hasn't been any complications other than in the draft. But this is a copy cat vs take a chance league... Majority of the teams could have a medical red flag on Williams, has more teams passed on him, the other half are thinking there must be something really wrong with this guy, so they pass as well, and this continues until one team think he is worth the chance.

Seahawks were that team.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1c3y87ve said:
Blitzer88":1c3y87ve said:
Man I really hope that his knees don't hold him back anymore, I really want to see what he can do for our team.

Can you explain. You seem like this has been a major issue for him in the past.

He hurt his knee in the 3rd QTR of the SEC Championship, came back in the 4th QTR of that game. Had an MRI, had a few weeks of recovery, came back was able to practice with team when post-season practices began (without non-contact) jersey, and played vs Notre Dame in the BCS.

Smartly, of course he had his knee scoped at the end of the season in which he declined invitation to the Senior Bowl and only participated in the Bench Press at the Combine. He was recovered enough by his Pro Day to post an outstanding 4.92 40 at 323 pounds.

Since joining the Seahawks, I've read nothing on the Seahawks holding him back in practice because of his knees, I've only heard positives things about both Defensive Tackles but nothing negative on Jesse Williams' knees... and the Seahawks are giving Jesse Williams first crack at Branch's spot pretty much telling him that its his job to lose. Do what you do well and its his.

Even allowing the Williams to practice on his own in Australia, tells me that the Seahawks are very confident about William's medical concerns. Sure they'll monitor the knee has a pre-caution but I don't think these issues need to continue to be overblown until Williams actually has an issue with it that's worth talking about.

So far since his injury, there hasn't been any complications other than in the draft. But this is a copy cat vs take a chance league... Majority of the teams could have a medical red flag on Williams, has more teams passed on him, the other half are thinking there must be something really wrong with this guy, so they pass as well, and this continues until one team think he is worth the chance.

Seahawks were that team.

I'm just talking about the knee issues that occurred recently, in the championship game, and resulted in his drop in the draft, if is as big of a concern as teams deemed, I hope he can over come it and perform very well for us which I fully expect him to do. I know that is it wasn't something that has plagued him his entire career, I just hope that it isn't as bad as some teams seemed to believe and he can come out and prove the teams that passed him up that they made a mistake.