This draft will be a Bust.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
They've never picked a center any higher than late second, and those guys weren't originally seen as centers. They simply don't value the position that highly.
You, sir, stand corrected.

The Hawks drafted Max Unger (C, Oregon) in the middle of the 2nd round... #49 overall.

My recollection is Max started at RG his rookie year and didn't play well. Year two he was moved to play Center and stayed there until moved in the Jimmy Graham trade.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Idk I gotta disagree.. I thought I was excited last yr for the draft… I’m am even more pumped for this years draft and all the possibilities Seattle has.

chrispy

Reaction score
10 picks. I'm hoping for 4 solid starters, a couple rotational players and depth. I don't care if the starters come in rounds 1 and 2 or 4 and 6. To me, it's really enjoyable watching late round picks surprise the league. Regardless of draft position, it's tough for me to imagine JS busting on a draft with 10 picks 12 months after being recognized for the best draft of 22.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

The Hawks drafted Max Unger (C, Oregon) in the middle of the 2nd round... #49 overall.

My recollection is Max started at RG his rookie year and didn't play well. Year two he was moved to play Center and stayed there until moved in the Jimmy Graham trade.
Sorry, I meant this front office, not the franchise as a whole.

seabowl

Reaction score
Not a Bust but rather the Breast draft the team has ever had

seabowl

Reaction score
Actually, it will be a Bust, if we draft Hooker

BlueTalon

Reaction score

And the Hawks drafted Chris Spencer in the 1st round (with the 25th pick, IIRC).

Lagartixa

Reaction score
They've never picked a center any higher than late second, and those guys weren't originally seen as centers. They simply don't value the position that highly.

Unger was drafted the year before Schneider and Carroll were hired.

Ethan Pocic played center, guard, and a little bit at tackle at LSU, and his best position, the one he'd played most in college, was center. Of Pocic's 37 starts at LSU, 27 were at center, nine at right guard, and one at right tackle. LSU was 25-12 with Pocic in the starting lineup overall, 20-7 with him at center. The Seahawks drafted Pocic in the second round with the 58th overall pick in 2017.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I was watching an interview with John S and they were talking about the draft. He said they started drafting for need and that’s when things went south. He said last season they focused on best player available. Look at the results. I know this team has needs but don’t expect the draft to cure them all. I think we will have a great draft but it will not fix everything. Free agency will help with the remaining holes.

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
Idk I gotta disagree.. I thought I was excited last yr for the draft… I’m am even more pumped for this years draft and all the possibilities Seattle has.

With Geno on contract, I'm expecting 8-9 or 9-8 or 10-7 season. After retaining Geno, there's a really less possibility that Seattle will draft below #5 spot.

JPatera76

Reaction score
With Geno on contract, I'm expecting 8-9 or 9-8 or 10-7 season. After retaining Geno, there's a really less possibility that Seattle will draft below #5 spot.
And that’s fine. That’s your opinion. :) doesn’t change that I disagree that the draft we haven’t even had yet is a bust. And it doesn’t change im pretty pumped for it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If anything, it makes me even MORE pumped when I hear ridiculous Debbie Downer takes over a month before the draft even happens.

Latest posts