Drew Lock message to Seahawks

Jville

Reaction score
Whoever proves to be the most promising "point guard" will get the starting job on opening day.

That's dictated by team philosophy. And, that has been the case thru out this Seahawks era.

Broncos_Fan

Reaction score
Hello Seahawks fans. I come in peace. I promise. I was popping in to see the reaction to the big trade. Pretty much what I expected. Anyways, I thought I might shed some light on exactly what you're getting in Drew Lock.

The Good: Relentless worker, good leadership qualities, plus plus arm strength, competitor through and through, high character from all accounts. Started the last 5 games of his rookie season and went 4-1 with a terrible team. Looked great. Since that season, he hasn't had a decent coach on the offensive side of the ball.

The Bad: He hasn't panned out in Denver. Despite the arm talent and athletic ability, if his first read is covered, he's done. He simply hasn't been able to process quickly enough to go through progressions.

Is there a chance that he's just a product of bad coaching? Absolutely. He has talent. He hasn't been able to put it together on the field. A change of scenery might do wonders for the kid. I don't know how strongly you feel about your offensive staff, but he'll put in the work. A turnaround is always possible.

Anyways, good luck this season.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2yy2g2x6 said:
RolandDeschain":2yy2g2x6 said:
"Great city"? I guess he hasn't been around downtown yet...one can presumably go from the airport to the stadium to the VMAC by taking just the right routes to avoid minimal ah, "disruption" from the homeless population.

Jer - what do we get if you're wrong? :)
Every damned city in the Good Ol' U.S.A. has it's share of "Homeless" folk, and just as many a$$holes who don't give a flying ratz Azz about the unfortunates that include HOMELESS VETERANS, So, what's your point Roland?? yeah, I didn't think ya had one. :141847_bnono: :pukeface:

I appreciate your perspective and agree we should take care of our vets, but the problem in Seattle and the west coast is not the same as it is other places

I hadn't been home in 6-7 years and I was SHOCKED at what I saw downtown. Just awful

Back on topic, lets hope Lock tapps what has been fairly hidden potential if we ever have to count on him to start a game

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
If Lock is our starter, like every Friday night in the bar in my younger days, I'll hope for the best and try not to be too disappointed at the result

Own The West

Reaction score
Could be meat. Could be cake. Could be meatcake.

[youtube]uqApQ_5Scww[/youtube]

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Thw trajectory of his passes and the speed of the ball when in the air tells me he will throw lots of picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broncos_Fan

Reaction score
Hello Seahawks fans. I come in peace, I promise. I popped in to see what the reaction to the big trade was, and it was pretty much what I expected. As an avid fan who attends training camp every year, games, etc. I thought I'd give you some insight on Drew Lock.

The first thing you have to know is that he's only had an offensive coordinator worth his salt for one season. That was his rookie year when he started the last 5 games. At that point the team was 3-8. Lock went 4-1 and looked like he was going to be a rock star. At the end of the season Fangio fired the offensive coordinator to bring in his buddy Pat Shurmer. (A move that would end up sealing Fangio's fate as a head coach in the eyes of many.) The offensive scheme went from decent to being a complete joke for the next 2 years.

Lock regressed, but in fairness no QB was going to be successful in that scheme. It was a joke. Here's the good and bad with Drew Lock.

Good- He has great size, a big arm, a competitive spirit, great work ethic, and good character. He stuck around the facility in the off-season to work on his craft every year. The talent is obvious at times. When his first read is open he looks like a star.

Bad- When that first read isn't open, watch out. He becomes a turnover machine. Career stats prove that out- 30 total TD's, 33 total TO's. He's been slow to process under fire. Is that fixable? I'm not sure.

Overall, he a decent guy to take a risk on. He has all of the physical tools to succeed. I don't know how you guys feel about your offensive staff, but he'll need to be coached up. Anyways.....I hope that helps with some background on your newest QB. Good luck this season.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":b97m09yx said:
"Great city"? I guess he hasn't been around downtown yet...one can presumably go from the airport to the stadium to the VMAC by taking just the right routes to avoid minimal ah, "disruption" from the homeless population.

I don't have much to give other than my unconditional love and optimism.
I'm just saying this kid is special. I drafted him in the 3rd round in my 8 man fantasy draft 2 years ago and named my team "Drew Lock's Jock."

The kid's got moxy. He got spunk. I think he's going to bring something to this club that's been missing since Sherm left: Swagger.

In regards to downtown, I hope Drew stays away from Pioneer Square. I made the mistake of getting off the light rail at Pioneer Square last year when I came to visit from Spokane. I've never seen such a mess. I had guys asking me for money (which we have here in Spokane) but there were hundreds of homeless people there. When I told one guy no, he dropped anchor right in front of me on the sidewalk. I started to sprint towards T Mobile park when one of them started chasing after me. I'm a 6'1" 320 pound Harry Potter looking guy, I didn't belong there and it was probably a sight to see. I had a Mariners game to catch. Go Ms

We all wish Drew the best and I'm his #1 fan.

beaumaris

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":jv8rinew said:

Visited Seattle for a wonderful weekend with the Blue Jays,a couple of years back,and your city is indeed to be envied. :2thumbs:

JustTheTip

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3csf44sw said:
So because we have a homeless problem, that just means that Seattle as a whole is horrible? Got it.

Seattle has, among other things:

A homeless problem
A drug problem
A filth problem
A crime problem
A high cost of living problem
A traffic problem

If you compare the city to what it was 2 decades ago it is joke. If you compare it to what it was in the 80's it is depressingly sad.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":19m4iezw said:
scutterhawk":19m4iezw said:
RolandDeschain":19m4iezw said:

Every damned city in the Good Ol' U.S.A. has it's share of "Homeless" folk, and just as many a$$holes who don't give a flying ratz Azz about the unfortunates that include HOMELESS VETERANS, So, what's your point Roland?? yeah, I didn't think ya had one. :141847_bnono: :pukeface:

I appreciate your perspective and agree we should take care of our vets, but the problem in Seattle and the west coast is not the same as it is other places

I hadn't been home in 6-7 years and I was SHOCKED at what I saw downtown. Just awful

Back on topic, lets hope Lock tapps what has been fairly hidden potential if we ever have to count on him to start a game
i

I was last in Seattle just two years ago. We did the whole city pass plus fish market. Plus some downtown weed store. It all seemed very clean to me compared to downtown sf.

dutchman063

Reaction score
Its nice everyones pumped up about this guy, but lets be real, he failed in Denver he's going to fail here too

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3099uacs said:
scutterhawk":3099uacs said:
RolandDeschain":3099uacs said:

No HP sadly it is NOT JUST "Seattle" & the West coast it's every big city in our Nation, I mean hell, it's even been a problem in Hawaii.
I have a good friend from Michigan who moved to Florida and is dismayed by the ravages of homelessness going on there.
Back on subject; Lock ain't no Wilson, but let's be honest, there were times that Wlson wasn't playing like Wilson either.
Hopefully DL finds his niche, and can HELP get us some wins.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Hawknight":1y27cmo5 said:
https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1593492/seahawks-future-qb-carroll-schneider/

When Schneider says that Lock has a "hose" I'm assuming that means a big arm?

I got to say I've never heard it referred to like that

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3ac4qc1i said:
I'm telling you guys, Drew Lock is going to take this job and run with it.

Drew Lock will have at least 4,500 passing yards, over 35 TDs and will lead us to an 11 win season.

Quote it, book it.

This going to my signature. We'll revisit this next season.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
dutchman063":a778io2h said:
Its nice everyones pumped up about this guy, but lets be real, he failed in Denver he's going to fail here too

Something amazing is always possible but given his history (I live in the Denver market) but he isn't good. I'd like it to go otherwise, seems like a decent dude and Seahawks getting a legit QB would be great.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
JustTheTip":3cs99b58 said:
SoulfishHawk":3cs99b58 said:
So because we have a homeless problem, that just means that Seattle as a whole is horrible? Got it.

Seattle has, among other things:

A homeless problem
A drug problem
A filth problem
A crime problem
A high cost of living problem
A traffic problem

If you compare the city to what it was 2 decades ago it is joke. If you compare it to what it was in the 80's it is depressingly sad.

What do you expcet from a city that prided itself on being anti-establishment in the 90s..(grunge, etc..) to a city that is basically run by a few giant corporations in modern day. Amazon, google, microsoft, starbucsk,etc..