This draft will be a Bust.

bileever

Reaction score
#5 will be QB
#20 will be a reach at Center or Guard.
Oh ye of little faith! I feel you, though--the draft is always scary. So easy to strike out, no matter how well you did your homework. We can lower our expectations and expect the worst, but isn't that reserved for Jets fans?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
best D player should be the pick at 5 but IF they think that one of the QBs is someone they can't pass up on, I'm ok if they take one. You don't get to pick in the top 5 often unless you're cleveland or jacksonville. turning just one of the 4 picks you got for RW into a QB if you think they have a future is 100% fine by m e.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If they took a QB and OL at 5 and 20, they would just be playing towards the strengths of what most modern NFL teams need to win - offense that can put up 30+ a game consistently. Whether or not that's a bust will depend on the players they take, not the positions they take, and then some luck mixed in.

They could go DE for 5 and 20 and both DE's could end up on IR before the year even starts. Playing this game where you think you're smarter than the FO never really works out for anyone very well.
I think they are going DL at both 5 and 20, and will try to find a hidden gem of a QB in the later rounds.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think it all comes down to which team is going to lose their minds and sell out for a move up to top 5 and get a QB. It will change the draft complexion.

Okieseahawk

Reaction score
Medication is a good thing. Please don’t miss the prescribed dose.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
QWERTY, the draft hasn't happened, nor has free agency, and you are predicting doom and gloom, OK, whatever. Just know that there quite a few here who don't hold such a negative viewpoint, and are at least prepared to wait and see what happens. Besides as far as picks #5 and #20 let us wait and see what happens. It is possible the team trades back with both picks or just drafts the best available player regardless of position.

The team certainly has some needs without any doubt but this draft has an amazing 5 draft picks in the first 83 picks. I am excited to see see what comes from them.
This is what's commonly referred to as "WISDOM"

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I'm not sure there is an exceptional QB in this draft. So it probably doesn't matter who you take at #5 because even the best QBs will likely be tier 2 or tier 3 QBs.

Does it look like some good players can be had later? Sure but are there any obvious home runs in the top 10? Not sure there are.

Highly doubt we 'bust' but our better players will probably come outside of the 1st round.