Drew Lock message to Seahawks

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/dkm14/status/1504633827846594560[/tweet]

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I'm willing to give him a chance maybe he can turn things around here in Seattle maybe not but let's give him a chance at least. . Just because some youtube dude Hawks Nest says Lock can't play doesn't mean you should listen to them. Same with Brendon Nelson. These guys are not pro football talent evaluators not even close. There just fans making youtube video trying to cash in you super chats.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3io2mhl8 said:
JustTheTip":3io2mhl8 said:
SoulfishHawk":3io2mhl8 said:
So because we have a homeless problem, that just means that Seattle as a whole is horrible? Got it.

Seattle has, among other things:

A homeless problem
A drug problem
A filth problem
A crime problem
A high cost of living problem
A traffic problem

If you compare the city to what it was 2 decades ago it is joke. If you compare it to what it was in the 80's it is depressingly sad.

What do you expcet from a city that prided itself on being anti-establishment in the 90s..(grunge, etc..) to a city that is basically run by a few giant corporations in modern day. Amazon, google, microsoft, starbucsk,etc..

While that may be a contributing factor, I don't think it is a major factor.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Jville":2rz63s51 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/dkm14/status/1504633827846594560[/tweet]

Agree with DK. He may not be the long-term answer, but let's give the kid a chance to compete.

Rosco

Reaction score
Appyhawk":2892f4uk said:
Lock deserves the chance to compete, and he does have some strengths, but if the lights are going to come on for him he has a few bulbs to change. He DOES throw a nice ball and can run tough. How many times did the wrong guy catch the ball he threw?
I wish I knew we had someone good on the string that could be a big test for him to beat out.
He’s better than what you and others give him credit for. Drew Lock plays great in a west coast offense. Denver w/Fangio did not care to develop him. When he had Scangerello as his OC he played like he had a great future in the NFL. Then Fangio fired Scangerello and it all went downhill from there.
Drew Lock is a QB that can play great in a structured offense like the WCO.

Rainger

Reaction score
JustTheTip":27rqbfl0 said:
SoulfishHawk":27rqbfl0 said:
So because we have a homeless problem, that just means that Seattle as a whole is horrible? Got it.

Seattle has, among other things:

A homeless problem
A drug problem
A filth problem
A crime problem
A high cost of living problem
A traffic problem

If you compare the city to what it was 2 decades ago it is joke. If you compare it to what it was in the 80's it is depressingly sad.
Seattle has a Totalitarian Fascist City council problem. That has created all other issues!

Back to the thread, I am hoping that Lock surprises everyone. He has the Physical attributes to be very good if coached right and his brain works fast enough to see his 3rd and 4th reads. I am looking forward to a QB who step up in the pocket sees the crossing route and utilizes the short game that has been missing in Seattle for years.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I've guilty of a lot of negative comments on Lock since the trade. When I think about it now I sort of feel sorry for him. I know people can say he's a pro and makes lots of money so it comes with the territory. But he's in a no win situation coming in here and trying to win the fan base over.

CelticWolf12

Reaction score
Jerhawk":10fcrlcg said:
I'm telling you guys, Drew Lock is going to take this job and run with it.

Drew Lock will have at least 4,500 passing yards, over 35 TDs and will lead us to an 11 win season.

Quote it, book it.
I hope so. I read somewhere that Drew Lock had several offensive coordinators in college and a couple now in the NFL. With that said, maybe a simple, ball control offense like Pete's (at least it has been in the past) will suite Lock well. Honestly, I haven't watched him play nearly enough to make a decision about his potential. I still think competition (Huntley or Minshew) needs to be brought in to to press each other and see who comes out on top. With that said, I hope a change of scenery for Drew Lock does him wonders.

Go Hawks

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I don't know - I've read some positive and some negative.

Heard that he was doing good last year until there were some changes.

This is all good. Just throw him and everyone else into a cage match at the beginning of the season and start who does best. Not complicated.

I'm not hatin' on him, and neither is DK - who, in my estimation might be the biggest benefactor of the entire trade! Well, besides two idiots who, for some reason, get to make $50MM a year for being fairly good at their job ;)

So there's that.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Drew Lock is a freak considering his size, arm strength and athletic ability. He reminds me of a poor man's Elway. The good thing that I read about his passing is that when he misses on throws it's usually high. I think he's gonna ball out tbh.
10 wins guaranteed

olyfan63

Reaction score
As long as he says go hawks after every interview nothing will be different...
I'm just waiting for Lock to have an interview, and as they're wrapping up, have him say, "Go Donks!"
Or maybe he gets his wires crossed and accidentally says "Donks blow!" Now Drew, tell us how you really feel...
Lock could be that player with a chip on his shoulder that blossoms in Pete Carroll's system. That was Russell's story when he first arrived.