This draft will be a Bust.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
That really cuts against the grain of what they generally do. I don't think 20 will be an IOL, as they traditionally look for value at those spots and refuse premium investments there (and are correct to do so).

QB at 5, I can see, though.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
If they go QB @ 5, I’d be surprised if they don’t go defense @ 20.

If they go offense @ 20, it would be for BPA that’s dropped well below their relative value eg Bijan, not an OL. Then I’d expect both 2s to go defense.

Looks to be a lot of DL value day 2 so arguably that could be the best use of picks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
You guys forget but Pete is the guy that makes the D right. He knows his players and will stick with them. He probably thinks they need another year to gel better and play better.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
If they took a QB and OL at 5 and 20, they would just be playing towards the strengths of what most modern NFL teams need to win - offense that can put up 30+ a game consistently. Whether or not that's a bust will depend on the players they take, not the positions they take, and then some luck mixed in.

They could go DE for 5 and 20 and both DE's could end up on IR before the year even starts. Playing this game where you think you're smarter than the FO never really works out for anyone very well.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
You guys forget but Pete is the guy that makes the D right. He knows his players and will stick with them. He probably thinks they need another year to gel better and play better.
But Pete himself has been adamant they need more talent there, in a much more blunt way than is characteristic for him

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
But Pete himself has been adamant they need more talent there, in a much more blunt way than is characteristic for him
Im willing to believe that if CJ or Bryce or Richardson is at #5, the Seahawks will grab one of them. As for Center, it's one of the most dominant position, establishing the run game and pass game. They won't be picking a future Center with a mid draft round or a 2nd round.

Seahawker

Reaction score
I think teams will score 40+ against Seattle's atrocious D.
Yeah they will, especially if some of you get their wish & they draft an Edge rusher chess piece to fit your fantasy football/draft generator stopwatch, tape measure, on paper mentality. :rolleyes: We need 2 DT's, 2 LBers, a center & probably another IOL. I do not see the fascination over an Edge guy who lacks the skillset & size to be an every down DE & lacks the skills, instincts & experience to be a full time starter at LBer. ???WTH???. No thank you on a Bruce Irvin pick on day 1 or 2.
Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
QWERTY, the draft hasn't happened, nor has free agency, and you are predicting doom and gloom, OK, whatever. Just know that there quite a few here who don't hold such a negative viewpoint, and are at least prepared to wait and see what happens. Besides as far as picks #5 and #20 let us wait and see what happens. It is possible the team trades back with both picks or just drafts the best available player regardless of position.

The team certainly has some needs without any doubt but this draft has an amazing 5 draft picks in the first 83 picks. I am excited to see see what comes from them.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Im willing to believe that if CJ or Bryce or Richardson is at #5, the Seahawks will grab one of them. As for Center, it's one of the most dominant position, establishing the run game and pass game. They won't be picking a future Center with a mid draft round or a 2nd round.
They've never picked a center any higher than late second, and those guys weren't originally seen as centers. They simply don't value the position that highly.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Deep draft for centers …

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
If I had to bet, I think they go D with pick 5 and 20 and take a flyer on a QB like Bennet in the later rounds. The only top guy I like out of all the Qb's is Stroud. If he's there at 5 you RUN to the podium.