Terrelle Pryor or BJ Daniels??

Anthony!

Reaction score
scutterhawk":23ywpqcc said:
LymonHawk":23ywpqcc said:
Isn't Pryor a free agent after this season? Hasn't he said he wants to be a starting QB? Why would he stay here to play second string?
Because I believe that he now realizes that he still needs a lot of work on his fundamentals/ Mechanics, and decent Coaching before he can truly expect to be good enough to unseat someone else in the League, and I'm thinking also, that he's going to benefit from learning from Wilson, & Bevel.
I just think he knows that he's going to have to put in the work here, or bow out of the League.
Of course, this is all contingent on whether or not Pete keeps him for development for keeping here, or for trading stock, where he'd more than likely get a lot better payday, and a more realistic shot at a starting job elsewhere.

Right so keep him for this year, and maybe he will resign for 1 more and then be gone and we get nothing and loose roster spots, No thank you he is a waste, he looked like crap all preseason, this last game was not even that good,

Anthony!

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":v97t3x30 said:
CortezKennedyfan":v97t3x30 said:
Pryor can do a better job replicating Kaepernick for our scout offense.

That is my criteria.

Great point, and one people aren't discussing enough.

Not only is Pryor's upside bigger being able to develop him correctly in our system, but he's a great scout QB for Kaeperstink.

I hope we can keep Pryor, as he's a tremendously talented athlete, so I'd like to see what Pete can do with him over a 12 month period.

PC will get him ready to leave and go someplace else and waste a roster spot.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Cartire":20zstsmq said:
Sgt. Largent":20zstsmq said:
CortezKennedyfan":20zstsmq said:
Pryor can do a better job replicating Kaepernick for our scout offense.

That is my criteria.

Great point, and one people aren't discussing enough.

Not only is Pryor's upside bigger being able to develop him correctly in our system, but he's a great scout QB for Kaeperstink.

I hope we can keep Pryor, as he's a tremendously talented athlete, so I'd like to see what Pete can do with him over a 12 month period.

I swear I have stated this argument multiple times the last 2 weeks, and received nothing but extreme opposition.

Because you do not w3aste a roster spot for a guy to pretend to be another QB for 2 games or even 3. Especially given we are 3-1 against that QB without wasting the roster spot it is just plain dumb

Anthony!

Reaction score
Cartire":14xu681r said:
I dont know who you guys thought you were watching last night, but BJ was horrible.

He embodies the one read and flee mentality. And this is when hes playing against scrubs. Honestly, hes a good runner, but nothing about him last night was better then pryor.

You should watch the game with your eyes open then

BJ had a QB rating of 118, TP 108

pmedic920

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1zrbdbxl said:
B.J. has much better touch than Pryor. He plays the game with a higher football IQ. I hope he makes it to the PS.

And I get the feeling that BJ is more coachable. No real reason I just have the feeling, and to me that tips the scales.

Cartire

Reaction score
Anthony!":2rq3acmy said:
Cartire":2rq3acmy said:
I dont know who you guys thought you were watching last night, but BJ was horrible.

He embodies the one read and flee mentality. And this is when hes playing against scrubs. Honestly, hes a good runner, but nothing about him last night was better then pryor.

Ill go over all the stuff you said throughout your multiple post, but ill start here. Did you see Pryor's stats? If you want to use stats as be all end all, then dont throw them out with Pryor.

I watched the game just fine. BJ made some good throws and bad throws, neither was of concern for me. You obviously only look at play result and not play execution. This was against scrubs as well, which means execution is far more of a factor in evaluation then play result.

Honestly, dont just post stuff until you rewatch the game. BJ was so quick to leave the pocket and scamper it wasnt funny. He either threw it to his first read (which he had some good throws) or he tucked and ran. That was it. I saw only 1 time he went through his progressions. Every other time, if it wasnt there on first read, go. Thats all he did. You cant just say "You didnt watch the game with your eyes open" Honestly, talk about the game, and enough with they hyperbole. Tell me what plays exactly stood out to you.

2nd, your no 3 QB mantra is tiring. You do realize that most NFL teams, for the longest time, had 3 QB's on the roster. In fact, some teams in the league still do. The entire idea of having only 2 QB's didnt really become popular till about 5 years ago. On top of which, there is almost always someone on the 53, that not once throughout the season, is active on game day. Is he wasting a roster spot? Its not a huge detriment to give one of those 46-53 spots to Pryor and continue his training. You dont take an athletic stud and just toss him because he doesnt perform to perfection. And just like you hear about Kaep, the ceiling his high for Pryor because of his raw Athleticism.

He is a good scout QB as of right now because he can emulate Kaep and Cam. 2 of the toughest QB's in the league to contain (outside RW). And with emergence of even more dual threat QB's, this training will become more and more vital.

The idea that hes leaving next year if we keep him because he wants to start is all talk. Could it happen, sure. But if hes as bad as you claim, what team is going to give him the starting job right when they sign him? If TJ is gone next year, and Pryor realizes hes destined for a back up role, he could embrace it (like TJ did) and just make his 1.5 million a year while helping us improve our team.

Rainger

Reaction score
Anthony!":kpc4ziim said:
olyfan63":kpc4ziim said:
Right now, I'd rather see Pryor on the field than TJack, in the event Russell is unavailable. I think Pryor gives us a better chance to win, especially if he keeps progressing. Pryor has shown growth week-to-week. Yes, last week's pick was incredibly lame, but you can see Pryor doing the work and getting the learning.

Daniels looks better than TJack too, but I don't really know how to interpret his game with the limited reps he's gotten, against the other team's 3rd stringers.

So Pryor over TJack, for sure.

Thank god you are not making the choice, TP needs to go period
:13: THIS

Anthony!

Reaction score
Cartire":1smbbo7d said:
Anthony!":1smbbo7d said:
Cartire":1smbbo7d said:

Ill go over all the stuff you said throughout your multiple post, but ill start here. Did you see Pryor's stats? If you want to use stats as be all end all, then dont throw them out with Pryor.

I watched the game just fine. BJ made some good throws and bad throws, neither was of concern for me. You obviously only look at play result and not play execution. This was against scrubs as well, which means execution is far more of a factor in evaluation then play result.

Honestly, dont just post stuff until you rewatch the game. BJ was so quick to leave the pocket and scamper it wasnt funny. He either threw it to his first read (which he had some good throws) or he tucked and ran. That was it. I saw only 1 time he went through his progressions. Every other time, if it wasnt there on first read, go. Thats all he did. You cant just say "You didnt watch the game with your eyes open" Honestly, talk about the game, and enough with they hyperbole. Tell me what plays exactly stood out to you.

2nd, your no 3 QB mantra is tiring. You do realize that most NFL teams, for the longest time, had 3 QB's on the roster. In fact, some teams in the league still do. The entire idea of having only 2 QB's didnt really become popular till about 5 years ago. On top of which, there is almost always someone on the 53, that not once throughout the season, is active on game day. Is he wasting a roster spot? Its not a huge detriment to give one of those 46-53 spots to Pryor and continue his training. You dont take an athletic stud and just toss him because he doesnt perform to perfection. And just like you hear about Kaep, the ceiling his high for Pryor because of his raw Athleticism.

He is a good scout QB as of right now because he can emulate Kaep and Cam. 2 of the toughest QB's in the league to contain (outside RW). And with emergence of even more dual threat QB's, this training will become more and more vital.

The idea that hes leaving next year if we keep him because he wants to start is all talk. Could it happen, sure. But if hes as bad as you claim, what team is going to give him the starting job right when they sign him? If TJ is gone next year, and Pryor realizes hes destined for a back up role, he could embrace it (like TJ did) and just make his 1.5 million a year while helping us improve our team.

I will go through the facts again

TP an FA after this year
TP wants to be a starter
TP has already said he will not resign
TP has already said he is not changing positions
TP was 21-39 for 53% complt, 7.2 ypa 1td 2 ints and QB rating of 51.55 This is awful and he should have had more ints
TP is a 1 read and run guy
TP has no touch
TP IS NOT A GOOD QB period

You do not waste a roster spot on a 3rd QB who is a project and who will not be here next year period and you do not do it just so he can emulate another QB for 3 games especially given we were 3-1 against those QBs last year. Add in BJ who can go on the PS can do that as well. Sorry but it makes no sense and the facts show it makes no sense. Now they might do it, but it would be a emotional choice not a logical one.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
LymonHawk":33owvfdc said:
Isn't Pryor a free agent after this season? Hasn't he said he wants to be a starting QB? Why would he stay here to play second string?

That's what he wants but seriously what teams would start him? lol

Cartire

Reaction score
Anthony!":31xuklm9 said:
Cartire":31xuklm9 said:
Anthony!":31xuklm9 said:
Cartire":31xuklm9 said:

I will go through the facts again

TP an FA after this year
TP wants to be a starter
TP has already said he will not resign
TP has already said he is not changing positions
TP was 21-39 for 53% complt, 7.2 ypa 1td 2 ints and QB rating of 51.55 This is awful and he should have had more ints
TP is a 1 read and run guy
TP has no touch
TP IS NOT A GOOD QB period

You do not waste a roster spot on a 3rd QB who is a project and who will not be here next year period and you do not do it just so he can emulate another QB for 3 games especially given we were 3-1 against those QBs last year. Add in BJ who can go on the PS can do that as well. Sorry but it makes no sense and the facts show it makes no sense. Now they might do it, but it would be a emotional choice not a logical one.

Do any of your facts come with sources? You seem to keep adding to the list of things TP said.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
Anthony!":xx7rht8a said:
Cartire":xx7rht8a said:

Don't you dare bring facts into this. :D

HawkWow

Reaction score
Pryor is minutes away from getting the ax. Not heard anything on BJ. Good riddance.

drdiags

Reaction score
Already saw the post and pretty sure this thread is about to be locked. Just wanted to post the tweet before that happens:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/505520769737457664[/tweet]

HawkWow

Reaction score
pmedic920":1r3x0nag said:
hawknation2014":1r3x0nag said:
B.J. has much better touch than Pryor. He plays the game with a higher football IQ. I hope he makes it to the PS.

And I get the feeling that BJ is more coachable. No real reason I just have the feeling, and to me that tips the scales.

I think you get that (shared) feeling because Pryor is your typical flight before fight athlete and still mentally at OSU, delusional in thinking his legs can get him out of any mess his brain might get him into. But he was a great college QB, I will give him that. We have his watered down version (Myles) at the Dub. Same goofy ass throwing motion, too.