Terrelle Pryor or BJ Daniels??

HawkWow

Reaction score
BJ has upside. That can't said for Pryor or Tjack.

Worse, Pryor actually thinks he's good and capable of putting the team on his shoulders. Not signaling anyone out here, but I'm going to suggest this is the first some of you have taken a close look at him. There's a reason he was dealt away for (essentially) the last pick in the draft. It's called cutting your losses. We will do the same in the next several hrs.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
LymonHawk":90ccghhj said:
Isn't Pryor a free agent after this season? Hasn't he said he wants to be a starting QB? Why would he stay here to play second string?
Because I believe that he now realizes that he still needs a lot of work on his fundamentals/ Mechanics, and decent Coaching before he can truly expect to be good enough to unseat someone else in the League, and I'm thinking also, that he's going to benefit from learning from Wilson, & Bevel.
I just think he knows that he's going to have to put in the work here, or bow out of the League.
Of course, this is all contingent on whether or not Pete keeps him for development for keeping here, or for trading stock, where he'd more than likely get a lot better payday, and a more realistic shot at a starting job elsewhere.

HawkWow

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1j1t2vb6 said:
olyfan63":1j1t2vb6 said:
Right now, I'd rather see Pryor on the field than TJack, in the event Russell is unavailable. I think Pryor gives us a better chance to win, especially if he keeps progressing. Pryor has shown growth week-to-week. Yes, last week's pick was incredibly lame, but you can see Pryor doing the work and getting the learning.

Daniels looks better than TJack too, but I don't really know how to interpret his game with the limited reps he's gotten, against the other team's 3rd stringers.

So Pryor over TJack, for sure.
Couldn't have evaluated any better.
Jackson sucked bad in his first Season at times, like running out of bounds on a fourth down.
Pryor made a couple of really nice passes in this game, and even Brock made mention of one in particular, plus, Jackson didn't show me anything in this game, and he's got 30 times as much experience than Pryor does, playing with the Seahawks 1st Team Offense in front of him, and Marshawn Lynch to alleviate some of the pressures.
AND, I agree, BJ looks better than Jackson in the very brief times that I've gotten to see him play, one wonders just how far he could progress if he had the same advantages that Jackson had.
Some are calling Pryor a lousy passer, but, with the pressures that you get from opposing Defenses, when you are trying to dial it in with the piss poor protection of the 2nd string O-Line, can wreak havoc with your decision making, as well as a stymie to development of your fundamentals and your mechanics.

Not to be argumentative, but Pryor's mechanics are like that of a bad golfer. The more the hack swings the club, the harder it is to correct his inadequacies. Most QBs have something resembling a proper throwing motion by their Sr year in HS.

Even the bad golfer will sit one next to the pin every now and again and that's what we are seeing when Pryor makes the occasional good pass. He's not good. He will never be good. When they hand him his walking papers they need to teach him to read a compass...and if that's too much for him, at least point him North.

Hawks46

Reaction score
This is weird, but I'm going to go with Pryor. I have nothing more than a hunch, no stats, facts or analysis to prove anything.

Pryor drives me crazy at times. I've never thought he looked good in Oakland unless he tore someone up with his feet. He's maddeninlgy inconsistent, one throw his footwork and release is nice, the next it's totally off. I'm not a QB guru but I guess this is what leads to his annoying inaccuracy.

Then I started thinking. He went to Ohio state. Who has Urban coached as a QB that's ever had success at the NFL level ? I can't think of one, and usually they bomb spectacularly. So I'll theorize he got poor coaching there.

Then we have the Raiders. Probably the worst team in the last decade to evaluate and coach QBs. So, I'm assuming through 2 regimes he's had poor coaching there.

You can see the progress at times. He rolls out and in Oakland, he runs right away. Here he's looking downfield. He doesn't look comfortable doing it, but he tries. It also throws off when he wants to run. I've never seen Pryor (granted I haven't watched him a lot) look so uncomfortable running. He slides now, and I don't remember seeing that in Oakland. He tries to go deeper into his progressions. It's a work in progress.

He does look to all parts of the field. TJack still falls into the habit of staring down the right side of the field (this game in particular is a good example). It's going to come down to whether or not Pryor is capable of learning and willing to do so. Hawkwow hit it on the head when he said that Pryor thinks he's good and thinks he should be starting somewhere. If he has that mindset, I'd let him go. If he's willing to learn and admit he hasn't had success at the NFL level and needs to reboot a bit, then I think he's an upgrade to TJack.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Pryor can run obviously, but if you look up the definition of "inconsistent" in the dictionary you will find a picture of his arm. BJ doesn't wow me either, but he may have more upside. Best case scenario IMO is we trade Pryor for anything we can get and then send BJ to the practice squad. 2 QB's on the 53-man roster.

TwilightError

Reaction score
For contractual reasons, as well as what I have seen on the field, I gotta keep Daniels. Just as potential as TP but much better contract situation.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
BJ has room to get better ..Pryor has had many chances and isn't likely to get much better..

uncle fester

Reaction score
Jackson has looked dreadful this preseason, going through his progressions slower than Kaepernick.

Pryor is, at best, unreliable. Some plays it's 'Why is this guy not starting somewhere?' other plays, it's 'Why did we trade for this guy at all?'

Daniels has looked vaguely promising, but against scrubs who's to know? At least he's shown he can be consistent.

I've no idea who, if any, should be kept. I'm just praying Wilson doesn't get injured.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I think the minimal reps equate to wanting to keep BJ on the PS.

As for Jackson / Prior I'd just keep one of them.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'd keep BJ Daniels. Terelle Pryor did play better this game. I think they were trying to showcase him a bit by allowing him play more. I feel bad for Daniels he got to play a total of 10 minutes this entire preseason. I don't think either makes the team at this point.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I'm just hoping none of our backups are needed. Tjack inspires absolutely no confidence in me at all.For all those saying he is one of the top back ups I think you are seriously high. In the words of Barkly he's turrible.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CortezKennedyfan":343hiogi said:
Pryor can do a better job replicating Kaepernick for our scout offense.

That is my criteria.

Great point, and one people aren't discussing enough.

Not only is Pryor's upside bigger being able to develop him correctly in our system, but he's a great scout QB for Kaeperstink.

I hope we can keep Pryor, as he's a tremendously talented athlete, so I'd like to see what Pete can do with him over a 12 month period.

Cartire

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":5ml2e8rz said:
CortezKennedyfan":5ml2e8rz said:

That is my criteria.

Not only is Pryor's upside bigger being able to develop him correctly in our system, but he's a great scout QB for Kaeperstink.

I hope we can keep Pryor, as he's a tremendously talented athlete, so I'd like to see what Pete can do with him over a 12 month period.

I swear I have stated this argument multiple times the last 2 weeks, and received nothing but extreme opposition.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cartire":31pbyysb said:
Sgt. Largent":31pbyysb said:
CortezKennedyfan":31pbyysb said:

That is my criteria.

I swear I have stated this argument multiple times the last 2 weeks, and received nothing but extreme opposition.

Haha...........well I'm giving you some love now. You sir, are handsome, a good cook and gosh darn it, people like you.

funny_pictures_hugs_are_now_available-d8157165fa288b6c9355e1f2f5afa22a.jpg

TwilightError

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2g7w22am said:
I'm just hoping none of our backups are needed. Tjack inspires absolutely no confidence in me at all.For all those saying he is one of the top back ups I think you are seriously high. In the words of Barkly he's turrible.

I have to agree on this. Last preseason TJack looked great. This preseason... Not so much.

m0ng0

Reaction score
I don't really like any of them, I hear David Garrard wants to come back.

gmor

Reaction score
jake206":2wpyyebr said:
Who would you keep?
Tavaris will only get worse not better. Pryor and Daniels will get better. Keep Pryor and put Daniels on PS if possible is my vote.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Neither really offer us anything, and if the season goes in a way we'd have to have one of these guys start.. it's over anyway.

So in sum.. cut them both.. add another OL or DL.