Tate's celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Taunting calls need thrown under the bus along with pansy Goodell.

bingotown

Reaction score
Classless and unnecessary but nice to see our team doing it instead of it being done to our team

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Imagine if Joe Buck was calling the game... This would be right up there with Randy Moss's fake mooning celebration one of the most despicable and vile celebrations he's ever seen

sc85sis

Reaction score
dunceface":mt32pka6 said:
I'm just laughin at y'all in this thread talkin bout this is an inexcusable aberration of sportsmanship :lol:

As others have said football is a wild emotional game and although Pete was visibly mad about the penalty this is part of having a team with an attitude (which he breeds and completely understand the chance of it biting you in the ass once in a while I'm sure) deep down inside he loved every bit of it because he knew those DBs, if any, deserved it. and I loved it too :mrgreen:
No. Pete has never liked that sort of thing. There's a fine line between just having fun and being a jerk and Tate crossed it.

The TD and sack dances aren't directed toward another player. They celebrate the play after it happens. This was a direct taunt. That's why it was stupid and that's why it will draw a flag every time. He could also get fined.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
mrblitz":1um14xpx said:
i liked the play, but the showboating was unique. part of it may have been because of something jenkins might have said, prior to that play. didn't jenkins insult another wr's girlfriend just last week? maybe tate-jenkins had been jawing all game...

..but that wasn't Jenkins he was taunting. Jenkins was still on the ground going "wtf just happened?" Lol

Cartire

Reaction score
All this classless talk. These gladiators, who catch a ball for a living, play a sport. You know, a game. They're not discussing world politics. Why do they have to be of high class? Most these kids are from the ghetto, and we expect them to be high class citizens.

"Are you not entertained"

Browncoat

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2nb9z3gd said:
getting paid millions to be a professional entertainer.

Wrong.
Wayne Newton is a professional entertainer. John Cena is a professional entertainer. Golden Tate is a professional football player. He gets paid to play for a football team every Sunday, not take center stage of the Golden Tate Show.

Uncle Si":2nb9z3gd said:
...you're a fan in the seats (who seems to have an issue with trash talking as some sort of social dilemma that needs immediate attention)...tons of players in lots of sports do it. and there's always a handful of fans that get overly upset about the "disrespect" of it.

Not hardly. You misread my comments and deduced that I'm some sort of Care Bear who thinks everyone deserves a participation medal, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Trash talking, showboating, and celebrations should be part of the game in my opinion. However, there is a line and there are well documented rules as to exactly where that line is drawn. Golden Tate crossed that line, and could've easily cost his team the game. But Golden Tate isn't worried about any of that. He isn't worried about penalties or how his actions may affect the rest of his team. This isn't just a single instance, either, it's a habit.

Russell Wilson is a pretty humble guy. Despite Tate's talent, do you really think that Wilson will continue to risk penalties by throwing the ball to Tate? The same thing happened to T.O. All his drama finally caught up to him and he just didn't get the ball anymore.

Geologic

Reaction score
I loved it but I understand why people are mad about it. Penalties hurt.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I can see this turned into the classic .net "You either like him and the taunting penalty or you're a hater!" thread.

I really don't see the need to taunt someone like that, just keep the talk between you two. The thing I don't like is that it gave the Rams a better opportunity to get into scoring possession on their next drive. It made things harder for a defense that was carrying the team. Fortunately the Rams got a holding penalty and didn't start at the 35, but the principle of putting even more pressure on your D should be incentive enough to not go out of your way to get a 15 yard penalty.

GCrow

Reaction score
Best part about it was he started waving with a good 30 yards left! Awesome.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Did Tate flip off the Rams, or did he throw a punch?

No.

Did he give them their talk right back? Yes? Then awesome.

StoneCold

Reaction score
SuperFreak":1c0uu78f said:
Wow people worked up on both sides of this thing.

I love watching Tate play he wants to take it to the house every time he touches the ball and is fearless, I loved how he won the ball in that situation he stole the pass from the DB then broke it to the house. I hated the celebration during the play, reminded me of Leon Lett getting ran down by Don Beebe.

Pete handled it like a champ, he didn't overreact as some people here wished he would have, no yelling, screaming or benching they still had a game to win why punish the whole team. Instead like the great players coach he is he used it as a teaching moment went and calmly made his point and Tate got it.

Someone watching with their kid even a Seahawks fan could have followed the lead from Pete and said " This isn't what the game is about " from there talk about how good sportsmanship is the right way how a true champion conducts himself on and off the field. In Pete's book he talks about respecting your opponents and how they help you be the best you can be because you have to rise to meet the competition, disrespecting the Rams DB's even if they are jerks and running their mouth just looked bad on Golden two wrongs don't make a right.

I think he'll learn from it, he's a hell of a competitor and if he spends his whole career in Seattle I'll root for him every time he suits up.

Best comment so far. I don't care if he taunts someone, just don't do it in a way that will hurt your team. We barely escape with a win and he cost us 15 yards. If not for the penalty on the ensuing kickoff it could have affected the outcome of the game.

And what was up with the underthrown pass? Looked like it slipped out of Russell's hand. A pass a few plays earlier looked the same way.

SC

Scottemojo

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1dszybw4 said:
I can see this turned into the classic .net "You either like him and the taunting penalty or you're a hater!" thread.

I really don't see the need to taunt someone like that, just keep the talk between you two. The thing I don't like is that it gave the Rams a better opportunity to get into scoring possession on their next drive. It made things harder for a defense that was carrying the team. Fortunately the Rams got a holding penalty and didn't start at the 35, but the principle of putting even more pressure on your D should be incentive enough to not go out of your way to get a 15 yard penalty.

Yeah, the third option of don't do crap that gets penalized doesn't seem to have a lot of support here. I don't care about how classy or classless it was, don't get 15.

StoneCold

Reaction score
GCrow":i5ptflqe said:
Best part about it was he started waving with a good 30 yards left! Awesome.

And the defender almost caught up with him and he had to scramble that last few yards and got shoved into a barrier. Like I've already said , I don't care if he taunts, but for god sake don't do it in a way that hurts your team.

SC

Seeker

Reaction score
I am 10X more offended by the refs taking over what seemed like the entire third quarter (the fumble play and 8 minutes on) with flags.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I don't blame Tate for getting tagged for 15 yards, I blame the NFL for having these moronic celebration rules in place.

"Hey, guys, hit one another real hard because the fans like that, but not too high and not too low, oh, and really entertain the crowd because we want to move to London, but you know, don't entertain them too much..."

THUGCAPS

Reaction score
Everyone complaining about this should go watch baseball, because you obviously don't like having fun watching sports. It's like some of you guys think he's a saint and you've never seen his antics before. How about Thursday against the cards? He did a floating model pose into the endzone while directly looking at the opponent. We can't have these personalities on our team, he's representing us soooooooo bad by scoring touchdowns. Face the truth, Tate just has a fiery attitude and you're gonna see these things from him every now and then (I have to wonder if Pete was mad at him at all, he was all sassy mouthing "bring it back" when the rams got a holding call on the next play). You wanna talk about something hurting the team? How about BB, Sherm, and Irvin getting caught doing "PEDs". Yeah it was adderall, but that is the kind of thing that gives the team a bad reputation, not someone waving good bye while scoring an 80 yard touchdown. Tate will add to his flamboyant reputation. Why do we care if people hate him? They already hate him for the fail mary. I just wanna see a win, and he saved our asses last night, so I thank him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
THUGCAPS":33qob1zu said:
Everyone complaining about this should go watch baseball, because you obviously don't like having fun watching sports.

We all like having fun and watching sports, that's why we love the Hawks and come here.

Sorry, but you can't explain away poor sportsmanship and being a punk on "he was just having fun." Would you want your kids to act like this on the playing field? Just because we're adults we're allowed to act like asses? Nope, not right for kids, and it's not right for adults........and everyone involved from Gruden, Tirico, Carroll and even Tate himself said so.

You can celebrate without being as ass, it's not hard. Run into the endzone and jump up and down, celebrate, high five your teammates, whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts