Tate's celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
CANHawk":rph7nm7b said:
That is the very first time I have EVER seen taunting called while the play was still going on. I'm pretty sure that isn't even in the rulebook. I think he got a little carried away with it, but I don’t have too much of a problem with it. I just don't like the fact it almost got him caught. Just score firs...

But seriously, I'm pretty sure there's no rules about taunting while the play is still live... wtf is that crap? Haters gonna hate Golden Tate....

In college football they take away the touchdown and it would have been a 15 yard penalty from the spot he started the taunting.

[youtube]8HtHSNumGNI[/youtube]

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
JSeahawks":18e2x7c0 said:
CANHawk":18e2x7c0 said:
That is the very first time I have EVER seen taunting called while the play was still going on. I'm pretty sure that isn't even in the rulebook. I think he got a little carried away with it, but I don’t have too much of a problem with it. I just don't like the fact it almost got him caught. Just score firs...

But seriously, I'm pretty sure there's no rules about taunting while the play is still live... wtf is that crap? Haters gonna hate Golden Tate....

In college football they take away the touchdown and it would have been a 15 yard penalty from the spot he started the taunting.

Luckily the Hawks are in the NFL and not the PAC 12.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":1qqtpduq said:
This is one of the great hypocrisies in the NFL.

They make all these rules to favor the offense. It's obviously an offense and QB driven league and the NFL obviously wants to drive the score up for excitement value.

Then they penalize guys for creative TD celebrations that are entertaining.

Personally, I don't have a problem with a guy waving "bye bye" to the defense when he single handedly scorched them, but it's against the rules right now, so it's a boneheaded play by Tate. Fortunately, it didn't cost us.
I guess I'll never understand the Butt Plugg Officiating thinking it's perfectly fine for the Defenses to celebrate, do a Bat Man Dance, or walk line an Egyptian, after fetting a sackbut if the Receivers do a little showboating, they get the flags??!?
I say, what's good for the 'D', is good for the 'O'.
I also don't like the BS calls on hitting a "Defenseless" Player, and then allowing for our Quarterback to getting hammered after he's thrown the ball.
I think the top dogs in the NFL that are coming up with all these dumb ass rules need to be kicked in the dangles.

Nearpost

Reaction score
THUGCAPS":3tkhz979 said:
Cry me a river. The guy responsible for the only two touchdowns of the game can't celebrate? The game is over, the Seahawks won, he admitted it was an immature play, get over it. The best part about it was the rams getting penalized for holding on the return.

The immature behaviour is dwarfed by his talent. He is going to be even better, if that's possible, when Harvin is out there with him.

253hawk

Reaction score
It was one freaking play; no doubt fueled by Jenkins and McLeod's incessant trash talking. There's a reason Steve Smith was fuming about them last week.

HawkGANG

Reaction score
Tical21":3w3lz3tx said:
I am a well chronicled Golden Tate apologist, but that was one of the grossest things I have ever seen in athletics at any level. I'm surprised he wasn't sent to the locker room right away. To be honest, I'm embarrassed by the overwhelming favor in which this has been received by on this board. You guys are completely missing the point. Besides the way you represent your franchise, yourself and your family, the reason you don't do this kind of stuff is because there are millions of children watching you that are going to emulate what they see their favorite players doing. We want more guys acting like this? Fact is, there are teams that aren't going to want him after that, and he just cost himself a couple million, and made the franchise look like a bunch of jackholes.

Jesus Christ talk about over reacting lol it was very entertaining, and based on the presser he won't be doing it again so chill out. Plus the whole children are watching argument is so freaking tired. Ya children are watching, they're watching world class athletes smash into each other with insane power, violence and aggression. Sometimes getting their extremities bent in unnatural positions. You should be more worried about children seeing that.

dunceface

Reaction score
I'm just laughin at y'all in this thread talkin bout this is an inexcusable aberration of sportsmanship :lol:

As others have said football is a wild emotional game and although Pete was visibly mad about the penalty this is part of having a team with an attitude (which he breeds and completely understand the chance of it biting you in the ass once in a while I'm sure) deep down inside he loved every bit of it because he knew those DBs, if any, deserved it. and I loved it too :mrgreen:

Tical21

Reaction score
Respect your opponent, the sport, and be better than that.

Laloosh

Reaction score
If I'm looking at two guys for a single roster spot and one of them tends to do shit like this, it doesn't help his chances. Particularly in a contract year.

Obviously I'm in the minority here but that's how I see it. Selfish behavior that hurt his team, period.

dunceface

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":1b4w68df said:
If I'm looking at two guys for a single roster spot and one of them tends to do shit like this, it doesn't help his chances. Particularly in a contract year.

Obviously I'm in the minority here but that's how I see it. Selfish behavior that hurt his team, period.

Yeah those two game breaking touchdowns well certainly hurt his chances

Laloosh

Reaction score
dunceface":2x62zit0 said:
E.C. Laloosh":2x62zit0 said:

Yeah those two game breaking touchdowns well certainly hurt his chances

The 80 yard TD would have been picked by ET or Sherm. The 2 yard pass could have gone to anybody. Seriously? Defender fell when Tate caught the ball, it's not like he ran through the guy and broke 8 tackles to get there.

Carmon1274

Reaction score
Some people may hate Tate, although that ball was underthrown, by RW which should had been a pick.

PC is the coach, so I can't complain if he's upset about it.

CANHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":25con7kz said:
CANHawk":25con7kz said:

N.C. double Assholes...

Laloosh

Reaction score
Carmon1274":21bu6ia8 said:
Some people may hate Tate, although that ball was underthrown, by RW which should had been a pick.

PC is the coach, so I can't complain if he's upset about it.

Nobody's said that they hate, Tate. He acted like a child on a play and some of us don't particularly like it. Apparently most do.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":985saeui said:
Defender fell when Tate caught the ball, it's not like he ran through the guy and broke 8 tackles to get there.

The TD counts 6 just like any other. Thankfully the league hasn't yet taken to "style points" or "classiness points" in order to decide games. It was a great catch and ended up being a game winning play, thanks to the defense. The game was so tight and ridiculous that I couldn't believe when that play happened, I'm just a fan but I was overwhelmed with emotion by that play because it had been so difficult all game to get any offense going. I would have probably done way worse in Tate's position at that moment.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Archer":13op1twd said:
E.C. Laloosh":13op1twd said:
Defender fell when Tate caught the ball, it's not like he ran through the guy and broke 8 tackles to get there.

The TD counts 6 just like any other. Thankfully the league hasn't yet taken to "style points" or "classiness points" in order to decide games. It was a great catch and ended up being a game winning play, thanks to the defense. The game was so tight and ridiculous that I couldn't believe when that play happened, I'm just a fan but I was overwhelmed with emotion by that play because it had been so difficult all game to get any offense going. I would have probably done way worse in Tate's position at that moment.

Jesus, I give up. It doesn't matter. Game is over. We won.

Go Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts