Tate's celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
The Tate bashers where probably teased in school and didn't handle it very well. I have no doubt Jenkins wasn't being a church boy with Tate, but I trust Tate knows where his own boundaries are now.

Carmon1274

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":3rg1bdj1 said:
Carmon1274":3rg1bdj1 said:
Some people may hate Tate, although that ball was underthrown, by RW which should had been a pick.

PC is the coach, so I can't complain if he's upset about it.

Nobody's said that they hate, Tate. He acted like a child on a play and some of us don't particularly like it. Apparently most do.

Sorry I meant that people hate that he acted like a child, but srrsly that ball was very underthrown.

Browncoat

Reaction score
I'm going to be in the minority here, but oh well...

Golden Tate is a classless punk. A lot of talent wasted on an asshole. If I were the coach, I'd fine him the maximum, suspend him for a game or two just to make him think about it, then demote him to 2nd string and make him earn his keep again. This is supposed to be a league of professionals, it's not backyard football.

The problem here is twofold:

1) Other players don't like that kind of crap. If it were me out there, I'd be gunning for him. I'd be looking to see just how hard I could hit him...and I'm certain there's a lot of players who feel the same way. He's gambling with a game, season, or possibly even career ending injury by taunting and acting like a jerk.

2) This is a team sport. But now everyone's going to be talking about what an ass Golden Tate is, because that's what made the highlight reels. It makes the team, the city, and the fans all look bad. And for what? So Golden Tate could act like a 15 year old for 10 seconds?

You're getting paid millions of dollars to be a professional. Act like it.

dunceface

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":se37s0y0 said:
The Tate bashers where probably teased in school and didn't handle it very well. I have no doubt Jenkins wasn't being a church boy with Tate, but I trust Tate knows where his own boundaries are now.
x81

HawkHack

Reaction score
I agree that Tate celebrates too often and too "loudly".

But Tate over Rice next season? To me, it's not even a question. Sidney's got game, but Tate is MANNNN...

SuperFreak

Reaction score
Wow people worked up on both sides of this thing.

I love watching Tate play he wants to take it to the house every time he touches the ball and is fearless, I loved how he won the ball in that situation he stole the pass from the DB then broke it to the house. I hated the celebration during the play, reminded me of Leon Lett getting ran down by Don Beebe.

Pete handled it like a champ, he didn't overreact as some people here wished he would have, no yelling, screaming or benching they still had a game to win why punish the whole team. Instead like the great players coach he is he used it as a teaching moment went and calmly made his point and Tate got it.

Someone watching with their kid even a Seahawks fan could have followed the lead from Pete and said " This isn't what the game is about " from there talk about how good sportsmanship is the right way how a true champion conducts himself on and off the field. In Pete's book he talks about respecting your opponents and how they help you be the best you can be because you have to rise to meet the competition, disrespecting the Rams DB's even if they are jerks and running their mouth just looked bad on Golden two wrongs don't make a right.

I think he'll learn from it, he's a hell of a competitor and if he spends his whole career in Seattle I'll root for him every time he suits up.

652cHAWK

Reaction score
253hawk":202bah4i said:
It was one freaking play; no doubt fueled by Jenkins and McLeod's incessant trash talking. There's a reason Steve Smith was fuming about them last week.

ding ding ding ding ding.....so true.....so true! Steve Smith was probably crackin' up watching Jenkins get burned by Tate on that play....probably waving at the TV, along with Tate, on his way to the endzone.

652cHAWK

Reaction score
Browncoat":1ulhv2zw said:
............"But now everyone's going to be talking about what an ass Golden Tate is,...."

I'd have to respectfully disagree, only because after the game Golden admitted he was wrong, and the Rams DBs, especially Janoris Jenkins, have a history for immature trash talk....actually I would go as far as saying unintelligent trash talking. Thus, most people will say they deserved the taunting from Tate. Albeit, we did get an unsportsmanlike penalty on that play, so he shouldn't do it again.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Browncoat":1fv8mv8r said:
I'm going to be in the minority here, but oh well...

Golden Tate is a classless punk. A lot of talent wasted on an asshole. If I were the coach, I'd fine him the maximum, suspend him for a game or two just to make him think about it, then demote him to 2nd string and make him earn his keep again. This is supposed to be a league of professionals, it's not backyard football.

The problem here is twofold:

1) Other players don't like that kind of crap. If it were me out there, I'd be gunning for him. I'd be looking to see just how hard I could hit him...and I'm certain there's a lot of players who feel the same way. He's gambling with a game, season, or possibly even career ending injury by taunting and acting like a jerk.

2) This is a team sport. But now everyone's going to be talking about what an ass Golden Tate is, because that's what made the highlight reels. It makes the team, the city, and the fans all look bad. And for what? So Golden Tate could act like a 15 year old for 10 seconds?

You're getting paid millions of dollars to be a professional. Act like it.

getting paid millions to be a professional entertainer.

news flash guy, its not you out there. youve no idea what the NFL football field is. you're a fan in the seats (who seems to have an issue with trash talking as some sort of social dilemma that needs immediate attention)

Tate didnt make the team look bad, and sure as shit didnt make the fans or the city (are you effing serious?) look bad.

the only thing that looks bad here is Tate (because he almost got caught) and people making way too much about it.

tons of players in lots of sports do it. and there's always a handful of fans that get overly upset about the "disrespect" of it.

grow up Peter Pan. its a football game, not a UN summit

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3uxknx32 said:
It was classless

definately, dumb too

but is it really this big of a deal? did it really make a 250 year old city "look bad"? or a near 40 year old fan base?

come on, was a punk move, but not a sign of an impending apocolypse. the hyperbole amongst sports fans gets to be a bit much to handle.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2s7e889f said:
Tech Worlds":2s7e889f said:
It was classless

definately, dumb too

but is it really this big of a deal? did it really make a 250 year old city "look bad"? or a near 40 year old fan base?

come on, was a punk move, but not a sign of an impending apocolypse. the hyperbole amongst sports fans gets to be a bit much to handle.

It was classless and dumb and really took away from his two touchdown catches. He didnt need to make himself look stupid. I would like to think he would learn from it but if he hasnt learned yet he probably wont. Oh well.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I didn't care about the taunting, only the penalty. In a tight game, you can't give away 15 free yards. So that was dumb.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I liked it because it made me laugh. Life is too short to be concerned about acting how you are "supposed to act".

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
652cHAWK":1i8mmpip said:
Browncoat":1i8mmpip said:
............"But now everyone's going to be talking about what an ass Golden Tate is,...."

I'd have to respectfully disagree, only because after the game Golden admitted he was wrong, and the Rams DBs, especially Janoris Jenkins, have a history for immature trash talk....actually I would go as far as saying unintelligent trash talking. Thus, most people will say they deserved the taunting from Tate. Albeit, we did get an unsportsmanlike penalty on that play, so he shouldn't do it again.

If he didn't get in trouble for it he wouldn't have said he was wrong. Let's be real about that. If you get chewed out by your coach after doing it you can't post game say anything more than it was wrong.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
"Act like you've been there before" is a maxim I subscribe to wholeheartedly. Even setting aside notions of what's classy and what isn't, I just think it's flat-out cooler to respond to big plays as Barry Sanders did, by calmly and silently giving off a response of, "Yeah, I just rocked it. What did you think I was going to do?"

I'm still a Golden Tate fan but that display made me cringe. Hope we really don't see any more of it.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3kq12shq said:
"Act like you've been there before" is a maxim I subscribe to wholeheartedly. Even setting aside notions of what's classy and what isn't, I just think it's flat-out cooler to respond to big plays as Barry Sanders did, by calmly and silently giving off a response of, "Yeah, I just rocked it. What did you think I was going to do?"

I'm still a Golden Tate fan but that display made me cringe. Hope we really don't see any more of it.

I enjoy a good celebration. It's the entertainment factor for me. I yawn at handing the ball to the ref. I'm probably in the minority for my age group though.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Luck for Tate Seattle won and his penalty ended up not really mattering, but if it had been otherwise a lot of his admirers would be bashing him today instead of swinging joyously from his danglers.

And, he was so caught up in his celebration he damn near ran out of bounds. It took away just a little bit from a great catch.

That Janoris must be one trash talking fool, that is two weeks in a row receivers have made a point of targeting him. I wonder what his google of Tate gave him as ammo this week?

djb28

Reaction score
It was great. I remember growing up watching receivers shoot hand guns. Spinning balls ( Dancing on stars - Pulling out sharpies ) Dirty bird dances etc. So many sack dances.. It was fun. And last night, That was fun. Dont really care what the tight collars think.

652cHAWK

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2kfudfja said:
652cHAWK":2kfudfja said:
Browncoat":2kfudfja said:

If he didn't get in trouble for it he wouldn't have said he was wrong. Let's be real about that. If you get chewed out by your coach after doing it you can't post game say anything more than it was wrong.

True....true. I really like the way Pete handled it, just calmly explained to him that we are better than that, not acceptable, and oh by the way nice catch and run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts