Tate's celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceej22

Reaction score
You all act like the stomped on someone's head or something. He was just having a bit of fun. No harm done here. It was immature but "classless dickhead" is a bit harsh. It's just a game! Many a player before him and many after will do the same and is no way an indication of poor parenting. The 20 somethings might be most supportive of this but remember the NFL is made up of 20 somethings. Young adults having the time of their life and you all want to sit on here and judge Tate for a little hand waiving taunt. Granted it was stupid as it cost the team 15 yards, but get some perspective and remember what it's like to have some fun. Rams DBs been running their mouths all year and Smith and Tate decided it was time to let them know it's time to shut up.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
253hawk":1ipb9sa7 said:
I guess every WR and DB in the 90's was classless because that's all those guys did back then.

There's a difference between high stepping it into the endzone and waving/taunting to a DB or safety. If you notice refs don't throw a flag when players do a flip into the endzone, but they do throw a flag for taunting on your way into said endzone. First example doesn't involve belittling someone else, second one does.

If some of you guys can't differentiate between these two examples, then there in lies your problem.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":2wcv0rha said:
Sgt. Largent":2wcv0rha said:
I'm not sure of the average age of some of the people here defending Tate, but my guess is the large majority of them are in their 20's or younger........which only proves your point, that we've done a poor job raising our kids the past 20 years or so. Tate's behavior is now perfectly acceptable to an entire generation.

No more team, or being a good sport, or playing with class. Now it's all look at me, me me.

Gawd I hate ridiculous generalizing posts like this - I can't speak for anybody else, but I'm 41, am very well adjusted and not a showboater myself.

Then again, I also don't sit around and tell other people how to live their lives.

The generation I grew up with had huge organized TD dances, and later we had Deion Sanders.

What our generation is truly guilty of, if anything, is having a short memory.

well put... really end of. Only reason this is an issue is because the NFL now has a rule. This sort of behavior was not only commonplace but freaking celebrated across sports 20 years ago.

some people really have no perspective.

Tate was wrong. it cost 15 yards. Pete had a word. world keeps on spinning.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Chrome_Seahawk":1n90r79f said:
Sgt. Largent":1n90r79f said:
I'm not sure of the average age of some of the people here defending Tate, but my guess is the large majority of them are in their 20's or younger........which only proves your point, that we've done a poor job raising our kids the past 20 years or so. Tate's behavior is now perfectly acceptable to an entire generation.

No more team, or being a good sport, or playing with class. Now it's all look at me, me me.

Gawd I hate ridiculous generalizing posts like this - I can't speak for anybody else, but I'm 41, am very well adjusted and not a showboater myself.

Then again, I also don't sit around and tell other people how to live their lives.

The generation I grew up with had huge organized TD dances, and later we had Deion Sanders.

What our generation is truly guilty of, if anything, is having a short memory.

Yes, yes, but he wants to convince himself that, even though his generation has major failings, it is the young people that don't frown upon Golden Tate waving at a safety that really indicate what is wrong in the world!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":1vel8sth said:
Third, I was just as pissed off about Quinn and Long's sack dances as I was about Tate's taunting. That kind of crap should be penalized as well and the league needs to call these things evenly.
Now Tate says he has learned his lesson. Good for him. We're lucky he didn't earn it the hard way.
The whole gotdamned point is that the NFL condones one classless act to be performed by Defensive players, with NO PENALTY FLAGS, and then throws 15 yard flags for celebrating by the other side of the f^%$^ing ball.
Learn how to interpret, I understood what you wrote perfectly, just telling you that I don't agree with all the sniveling that's going on about what Tate did.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
So the kid got caught up in the moment...big deal! Tate made a great play and then a bonehead move (taunt). He knows it, and admitted it was wrong. So why all the hand wringing? Everyone here who has not made a mistake this week, please raise your hand. (Not you Rock, we all know you are perfect..)

And all this bullcrap about making the other team angry? The hell with'em! Does anyone remember the 'Sharpie' incident with TO? How did we retaliate? Did we cripple TO? Did we than take over the game? No.

grizbob

Reaction score
LymonHawk":1esi3zq8 said:
So the kid got caught up in the moment...big deal! Tate made a great play and then a bonehead move (taunt). He knows it, and admitted it was wrong. So why all the hand wringing? Everyone here who has not made a mistake this week, please raise your hand. (Not you Rock, we all know you are perfect..)

And all this bullcrap about making the other team angry? The hell with'em! Does anyone remember the 'Sharpie' incident with TO? How did we retaliate? Did we cripple TO? Did we than take over the game? No.

But you're an old fart and don't know nuthin bout nuthin, or in other words :13:

THUGCAPS

Reaction score
My feelings were hurt so bad by this play, I don't think I can be a fan of this team anymore.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
scutterhawk":aknz82ui said:
Shadowhawk":aknz82ui said:
Third, I was just as pissed off about Quinn and Long's sack dances as I was about Tate's taunting. That kind of crap should be penalized as well and the league needs to call these things evenly.
Now Tate says he has learned his lesson. Good for him. We're lucky he didn't earn it the hard way.
The whole gotdamned point is that the NFL condones one classless act to be performed by Defensive players, with NO PENALTY FLAGS, and then throws 15 yard flags for celebrating by the other side of the f^%$^ing ball.
Learn how to interpret, I understood what you wrote perfectly, just telling you that I don't agree with all the sniveling that's going on about what Tate did.

Again, if the defensive player stands over the QB and does his sack dance pointing down at the QB, they do call a unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

That's why they move off to the side of the QB to do their stupid dances.

Whether you guys agree with the rule or not, it's very clear to the players..........thus Tate was dumb and shouldn't have done it. Especially in a tight game where the Rams were winning the field position battle. It didn't end up hurting us, but it could have.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":3vjozztd said:
scutterhawk":3vjozztd said:
Seeker":3vjozztd said:
seahawk fans are whiney, it was a play, pete talked about it he aint mad no more. why are we still mad.
Because their wussies are sore, and I think it's comical that many here think it's a HUGE sin that Tate committed ,and thinks he should be drummed off the team.
I guarantee you that the Ram or 9rs, or any other team in the NFL, would absolutely be ecstatic to get their hands on Tate, and suit him up in their unis.
People around here need to take some MIDOL (TM LOLOL) and quit with the sniveling.

LMAO Yes, everyone who didn't like the taunting doesn't want Tate on the team. This place, I swear...
I was making a point Absolute ,as there were some jokers around here that thinks he should be suspended a game for doing the byebye wave, and it's those who are coming up with goofy suggestions ,and those that are so incensed by Tate would probably want him gone, so where do you draw the line with these guys.

Cartire

Reaction score
ceej22":3idw3c9x said:
You all act like the stomped on someone's head or something. He was just having a bit of fun. No harm done here. It was immature but "classless dickhead" is a bit harsh. It's just a game! Many a player before him and many after will do the same and is no way an indication of poor parenting. The 20 somethings might be most supportive of this but remember the NFL is made up of 20 somethings. Young adults having the time of their life and you all want to sit on here and judge Tate for a little hand waiving taunt. Granted it was stupid as it cost the team 15 yards, but get some perspective and remember what it's like to have some fun. Rams DBs been running their mouths all year and Smith and Tate decided it was time to let them know it's time to shut up.
:13: This man deserves cake.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":tiawrayz said:
scutterhawk":tiawrayz said:
Shadowhawk":tiawrayz said:

Again, if the defensive player stands over the QB and does his sack dance pointing down at the QB, they do call a unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

That's why they move off to the side of the QB to do their stupid dances.

Whether you guys agree with the rule or not, it's very clear to the players..........thus Tate was dumb and shouldn't have done it. Especially in a tight game where the Rams were winning the field position battle. It didn't end up hurting us, but it could have.
You mad bro?

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3bgjcxyo said:
Shadowhawk":3bgjcxyo said:

And if you were paying attention you might have noticed that I pretty much made the same "gotdamned point" you did. If the league is going to make that call against Tate, they need to call Quinn and Long out for their celebrations as well. That doesn't make Tate any less stupid for drawing the flag in his situation, though. But as I said, he learned from it and it's done.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Now that it's insults and heads-into-brick-walls, it's time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.