Tate's celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Outfield

Reaction score
THUGCAPS":3vlclj4k said:
Cry me a river. The guy responsible for the only two touchdowns of the game can't celebrate? The game is over, the Seahawks won, he admitted it was an immature play, get over it. The best part about it was the rams getting penalized for holding on the return.

True Hahahaha.

Escamillo

Reaction score
I didn't like it from a practicality standpoint.

First, he's holding the ball in one hand, "like a loaf of bread" as the old saying goes, and it could have slipped out, particularly since he's waving the ball back and forth in one hand in front of his knees as he's running. His knee could have knocked the ball out.

Secondly, because of his antics, he's drifting toward the sideline as he's looking at the defender. If he's just a bit more careless, he could've stepped over the sideline.

Lastly, and most importantly, his taunting allowed the defender to catch up to him (so much so that Tate had to put on an extra burst of speed at the end just to get to the endzone), which allowed the defender to shove him, and Tate ended up rolling into the barrier behind the back of the endzone, which could have cause a needless leg injury.

I don't care about the penalty as much as the items I list above.

sc85sis

Reaction score
THUGCAPS":3197p7en said:
Cry me a river. The guy responsible for the only two touchdowns of the game can't celebrate? The game is over, the Seahawks won, he admitted it was an immature play, get over it. The best part about it was the rams getting penalized for holding on the return.
That wasn't celebrating. High-fiving your teammates is celebrating. That was taunting. It was immature and classless and could have seriously hurt the team. Act like you've been there.

I'm glad that he says it was immature and that he apologized to his ST teammates. I hope he actually learns from it.

Pete is the biggest players' coach out there. He loves when his guys have fun. When he lectures a guy that his behavior isn't what the team is about, that should tell you something.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
Escamillo":21merth9 said:
I didn't like it from a practicality standpoint.

First, he's holding the ball in one hand, "like a loaf of bread" as the old saying goes, and it could have slipped out, particularly since he's waving the ball back and forth in one hand in front of his knees as he's running. His knee could have knocked the ball out.

Secondly, because of his antics, he's drifting toward the sideline as he's looking at the defender. If he's just a bit more careless, he could've stepped over the sideline.

Lastly, and most importantly, his taunting allowed the defender to catch up to him (so much so that Tate had to put on an extra burst of speed at the end just to get to the endzone), which allowed the defender to shove him, and Tate ended up rolling into the barrier behind the back of the endzone, which could have cause a needless leg injury.

I don't care about the penalty as much as the items I list above.

I concur. Not to mention the fact that if he for some stupid reason like any of the above the taunting prevents him from scoring, the penalty gets assessed as part of the play and not on the kickoff. Would have been real funny if instead of a TD it was 1st and 10 from the 17 because he stepped out of bounds at the 2. I think Steve Largent always said something like, 'Act like you've been there before'.

OrFan

Reaction score
I thought it was great!

I'm not one who is big on endzone dances and crap like that, but I love a good taunting.

This is not kiddie ball where everyone has to be nicey nice to the other players. If you don't like another player doing something like this, then stop him from making a play.

I think players should be able to taunt until the other team cries like little babies if they want to.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Throwdown":33x9001m said:
I loved it, I don't care what none if you squares say.

JSeahawks":33x9001m said:
If youre going to get a taunting penalty you might as well make it count. He made it count.

I'm with these guys.

253hawk

Reaction score
I loved it. Reminded me of when Tagliabue used to be commish and the league was FUN and full of personalities. Tate is a damn baller and maybe the most underrated WR in the game. It's nice that he apologized profusely in the post-game I guess.

Goodell is a parasite trying to suck everything that is good and great right out of this sport. Like someone else brought up, where was the taunting flag for that DEN/WASH pick-six on Kirk Cousins yesterday? Dude started high-stepping at the 50 yard line with only Cousins to beat. If the No Fun League wants to have its stupid penalties, fine, but be consistent in the enforcement of them.

Cue to 04:23... http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201310270 ... 0000270743

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
These are grown men throwing a football for absurd sums of money and making even more absurd sums of money as parts of vanity franchises for owners. I am investing my time rooting for, reading about, and discussing a team of guys that I don't know personally because I want them to win a trophy that I will see from a distance when I go to a parade celebrating their victory. Then like twelve of them will leave town to make more money then they can here.

The whole thing is ridiculous, is what I'm saying, and when it comes to a sport that holds up cities for revenue needed for schools and roads and sends players to early dementia and deaths, I think bitching about a funny taunt is really the very last thing to reasonably spend time to complain about.

Tical21

Reaction score
I am a well chronicled Golden Tate apologist, but that was one of the grossest things I have ever seen in athletics at any level. I'm surprised he wasn't sent to the locker room right away. To be honest, I'm embarrassed by the overwhelming favor in which this has been received by on this board. You guys are completely missing the point. Besides the way you represent your franchise, yourself and your family, the reason you don't do this kind of stuff is because there are millions of children watching you that are going to emulate what they see their favorite players doing. We want more guys acting like this? Fact is, there are teams that aren't going to want him after that, and he just cost himself a couple million, and made the franchise look like a bunch of jackholes.

OrFan

Reaction score
I think parents have a responsibility to raise their children. If they are relying on sports figures to teach them, well maybe they should have not had kids.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
Do you guys watch football at all? This kind of play happens every week, usually multiple times. Like others have mentioned it happened at least once on Sunday with a pick six, which wasn't even flagged and not mentioned 5x on Sportscenter. It's part of the game. I don't know why everyone is crying about it, maybe because it was the only interesting play all game.

gonzhawk

Reaction score
I used to worry about stuff like Sherman's talking and maybe the Tate stuff, but hell, I have taken so much crap
for being a fan of this team for 35 years, that frankly, I just don't give a damn anymore.

I am a Seahawks fan and I just don't give a care what the media thinks, and especially fans of the other team, no matter what they say about our team. Right now, all the haters are extra jealous because we are a serious threat to the other 31 teams and most of america outside of our region can't stand this fact! so to all of them I say FU, I am going to enjoy this ride with no f-ing apologies.

I know it would appear that it lacked some class, maybe, but last I checked, Janoris Jenkins has an open invitation
to get his face bashed in by steve smith. I believe steve smith when he says he will do this. and I further believe he can. JJ talks trash. Golden backs it up. and so does Sherm BTW.
rant over... :ramssmall-2:

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
And any team that doesn't want Tate after that deserves to keep on losing.

He'll be valued for his playmaking ability. No one is knocking two mil off because he taunted a bunch of smack-talking morons.

I hope that when I have kids, I have the good sense to raise them myself instead of blaming any aberrant behavior upon athletes on television.

THUGCAPS

Reaction score
Tical21":dsma9c0k said:
the reason you don't do this kind of stuff is because there are millions of children watching you that are going to emulate what they see their favorite players doing.

I doubt millions of children were watching monday night football seahawks vs rams. They were probably playing GTA V and emulating their favorite character by going on a shooting spree.

purpleworld

Reaction score
Waving 'bye bye' to the guy is taunting? Wow, what the No Fun League is coming to....

Laloosh

Reaction score
I think its unfortunate for Tate that he did what he did. Wish Pete would have sent him to the locker room tbh.

CANHawk

Reaction score
That is the very first time I have EVER seen taunting called while the play was still going on. I'm pretty sure that isn't even in the rulebook. I think he got a little carried away with it, but I don’t have too much of a problem with it. I just don't like the fact it almost got him caught. Just score firs...

But seriously, I'm pretty sure there's no rules about taunting while the play is still live... wtf is that crap? Haters gonna hate Golden Tate....

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":bwuuf88r said:
I think its unfortunate for Tate that he did what he did. Wish Pete would have sent him to the locker room tbh.

Coach sat him down and had a talk. It worked. Tate won't do no shit like that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.