Tate's celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
bobincovington":2jjgux0r said:
I'd like to know if that Rams db was trash talking tate all night. Doesn't make it right for him to taunt, but explains it a bit.

He probably was. That just means that he was smart enough not to get caught, unlike Tate.

rsm650

Reaction score
K2YvmbG.gif

But seriously, penalties are never a good thing. Back up your talk with your play.

plyka

Reaction score
If he would have fumbled into the endzone and lost the ball, I bet Pete would have cut him after the season. He still doesn't deserve a good contract. He is a good player, but I don't see elite WR in Tate. BTW, I actually love the smack talk he does, but I just don't see a great WR in Tate.

I think Rice and Tate probably need to go next year due to $$ reasons, depending on how much Tate wants in salary. If it is anything approaching WR1 or WR2 money, the Hawks need to send him on his way.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Very true..maybe some pent up frustration on his part with the way the game was going..but didn't need to do it. If he would have gone out of bounds it likely would of been remebered as one of the stupidest moves in nfl history...good thing it didn't happen!!

HunnyBadger

Reaction score

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":y1fnjzap said:
ensett":y1fnjzap said:
Nothing classless about that. Goodell has just planted the seed in all of our heads and turned us all soft

How about stupid, then, for drawing a completely unnecessary 15-yd penalty and nearly stepping out of bounds and blowing a sure touchdown? Blame Goodell if you want but that was completely classless and it could have come back to hurt us had St. Louis taken the short kickoff and run it back for a touchdown.

It was stupid.

It was also funny.

Had it hurt us I would have been ticked. Luckily it was fine. Pete made it clear that it wont happen again.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":tikb2pm0 said:
ensett":tikb2pm0 said:
Nothing classless about that. Goodell has just planted the seed in all of our heads and turned us all soft

How about stupid, then, for drawing a completely unnecessary 15-yd penalty and nearly stepping out of bounds and blowing a sure touchdown? Blame Goodell if you want but that was completely classless and it could have come back to hurt us had St. Louis taken the short kickoff and run it back for a touchdown.

Pete needs to respond to this stupidity, and not just give it lip service. Tate needs to be sat, perhaps for the first half of the Bucs game, fined, or both. That selfish act could have cost us the game.

I am glad that Sherman called him out in the post game presser, though. Play smart, not like some mindless thug.

BillHawks

Reaction score
I'm sure he'll get a thank you card from Steve Smith after last week.

GCrow

Reaction score
Golden Tate: Legend

Absoultely loved it, and was literally one of the few bright spots this whole game. Got me totally fired up and back into it.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Just pretend it was your son out there acting like that, how would you feel? I'd be pretty pissed.

Make a great play and act like an adult. Celebrate with your team instead of hurting them.

Cad

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2n8rbquw said:
Just pretend it was your son out there acting like that, how would you feel? I'd be pretty pissed.

Make a great play and act like an adult. Celebrate with your team instead of hurting them.

Yeah. If someone's giving you trash talk, just quietly point to the scoreboard at the end of the game. Game. Set. Match.

The Outfield

Reaction score
I thought it was funny. However, I would rather it not be done so that we don't get penalized.

nanomoz

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":3aihywkj said:

Thank you. Pure stupidity. Few things scream "me before team" more than taunting.

If that was Tavon Austin taunting us I doubt so many folks on here would be supportive.

ensett

Reaction score
Tate was the best part of the game, im not saddam hussein, he can do that. Tate earned the right to do that. He embarrassed the entire rams defense on that play lmao

THUGCAPS

Reaction score
Cry me a river. The guy responsible for the only two touchdowns of the game can't celebrate? The game is over, the Seahawks won, he admitted it was an immature play, get over it. The best part about it was the rams getting penalized for holding on the return.

Status
Not open for further replies.