Swede on visit - What to do?

rjdriver

Reaction score
That's a heck of a long way to go for one day! You're going to be jet lagged, you should get here a day earlier and decompress or stay a few days after the game. Either way, super excited for you. You won't have much of a voice on the return trip home!!

olyfan63

Reaction score
Also, anyplace that is close to the Link Light Rail will usually be convenient to get to and from CenturyLink.
See: http://www.soundtransit.org/Schedules/Link-light-rail
So you could actually stay anywhere in the Link Rail corridor and have EZ to and from the stadium.
Having options is a good thing. The schedule is predictable and the Link Rail never gets "stuck in traffic". Just get off at the International District stop, for Clink, not the "Stadium District" stop.

Also a good option for getting to and from SeaTac airport, though I've never ridden that part of the line.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Hawks fan from Finland here, and planning my first visit also. I'd be happy to hear about your experiences and do's & dont's after your trip? If you dont mind writing them in this topic once you get back home and survive the jetlag?

OP
OP
S

SwedeHawk

Reaction score
Love it here so far. Have mainly been walking around downtown, but also took LLR to CLink and walked around the fan shops in the are (like 4 or 5 big stores). Now I have everything I need for the game (hat, scarf, shitt, etc.), but am a few hundred $ lighter.

Will have a look at Space Needle and then get some lunch and get started towards CKlink.
Note: It's amaizing how you can just walk everywhere in such a big city!

Go 12s!

mikeak

Reaction score
SwedeHawk":rpbzt4g3 said:
Love it here so far. Have mainly been walking around downtown, but also took LLR to CLink and walked around the fan shops in the are (like 4 or 5 big stores). Now I have everything I need for the game (hat, scarf, shitt, etc.), but am a few hundred $ lighter.

Will have a look at Space Needle and then get some lunch and get started towards CKlink.
Note: It's amaizing how you can just walk everywhere in such a big city!

Go 12s!

Note - you are allowed to bring in food from outside into the stadium but not drinks. So you can buy the big bags of kettle popcorn, peanuts etc and bring in to the game. Swedish stadiums really don't do the shelled peanuts so that is a bit different and holds you over so you don't have to leave the game to get food :)