Spoon another monster game

RiverDog

Reaction score
He’s in a sense what Jamall was supposed to be.
I thought the same thing. He's really found a home as the slot DB. That wasn't where he was penciled in at, but he's very effective there. Teams are going to have to start accounting for him, which should open up things for Adams somewhat.

sutz

Reaction score
I thought the same thing. He's really found a home as the slot DB. That wasn't where he was penciled in at, but he's very effective there. Teams are going to have to start accounting for him, which should open up things for Adams somewhat.
Given what the league has been doing with the slot receiver position over the past few seasons, he's a force countering that strategy. Will be interesting seeing him on Deebo and Cupp.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I trust that he can hold his own with anyone. Will they get some catches on him? Absolutely.
But this kid doesn't like at all like a rookie. Really, he only did in his first game. Which is to be expected.

BASF

Reaction score
...waiting for Jalen Carter posts...
My favorite thing is how hypocritical it is that the posters here whined so much about mentioning Carter that the mods deleted all of the mentions from a dozens of pages threads while Spoon struggled, but now the same whiny posters get a kick out of mentioning him when Spoon plays well. Really drives home the maturity level here.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, it's all in good fun. We like our guy, they like ours. At this point we should just laugh about it. Both things CAN and DO exist at the same time.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
I’ll be the first to admit that I absolutely wanted the Seahawks to Jalen Carter. The only thing none of us know is the behind the scenes issues that only team execs would hear. I posted something right after the draft that even his coaches at Georgia did not like him. at pick five, I’m pretty sure the Seahawk didn’t want to take the chance along with the other teams that passed on him as well. Plays like Tarzan, mind like a child

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And if you did a pole before the draft vs. now? I have a feeling plenty of people would change their vote.
Just glad we have Spoon 🥄 🥄 🥄 🥄 🥄 🥄 🥄 🥄 🥄 🥄 🥄 🥄 🥄 🥄 🥄 🥄 🥄 🥄 🥄 🥄 🥄

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
If Spoon were playing for the Lions the exact same way as he has for us, MANY of us here would be pissed that we passed on him.

The Kid has Pro Bowler written all over him... perhaps even in his Rookie year like Sauce Gardner and Riq did last year

Last edited:

Polk738

Reaction score

They seriously need to play this everytime he comes out of the tunnel

RiverDog

Reaction score
I was good with the Witherspoon pick when we drafted him. I had my eyes on an edge rusher, but cornerback is a high value position and 'spoon was arguably the best DB on the board. I didn't want Carter mostly due to his red flags, but also because it wasn't clear if he was going to fit with our 3-4 defense.

At this point, Witherspoon has a chance of being our best #1 draft pick in the Pete Carroll era since Earl.

Rat

Reaction score
If Spoon were playing for the Lions the exact same way as he has for us, MANY of us here would be pissed that we passed on him.

The Kid has Pro Bowler written all over him... perhaps even in his Rookie year like Sauce Gardner and Riq did last year
It's probably telling that the Lions traded down immediately after our pick.