Some 12 pulled the fire alarm on the Panthers this morning..

pmedic920

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3n4z7bn0 said:
Because there is only one fire crew in Seattle. You'd think they would hire a second one, for times like this!

Seriously?
It seems to me that you are saying that the tax payers should foot the bill for an extra battalion so that somebody can pull a false alarm as a prank. I can fairly safely assume that Seattle would dispatch an entire battalion, or more, for a hotel fire.
Do you have any idea of the costs involved with that?
Not to even mention the danger involved with the response.
Surly, you were being sarcastic?

Edit: BTW, in bigger cities, a battalion generally would be the apparatus at a couple of stations, maybe more.

nepahawk

Reaction score
BlueThunder":rknhk83i said:
dbmack":rknhk83i said:
How do they know it was a 12 if they haven't determined who pulled it?

'Cause it's as obvious as a Tom Brady underinflated football... If you weren't a Seahawks fan, why would you do it?

An over zealous panther fan, trying to get up close to meet the players.

:sarcasm_on: A 12 would know not to do it at 5:30 but, at 3:30/4:00. :sarcasm_off:

sc85sis

Reaction score
You'd need to do it at about 1:00 a.m. to be effective on an east coast team playing on the west coast.

Shouldn't be done anyway. Stupid. There's a reason it's illegal, as others have already pointed out.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
RCATES":1ysl09fy said:
From CLTPanther aka long time member of Carolina Huddle forum.

"What BS, fire alarm pulled only on Panther floors.. and at 530am, I assume WC time, so our guys will be up since 230am on their internal clocks.. playing a road game in Seattle after being up for 12 hours, fuging cheaters"

They breed them smart in Carolina. Yikes

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/to ... el/?page=6

Inbreeding does show.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
GeekHawk":crgshxye said:
253hawk":crgshxye said:
Yeah, so when fire crews are dispatched and there's suddenly a fire or a car accident or something somewhere else...awesome prank, Farva. :roll:

Because there is only one fire crew in Seattle. You'd think they would hire a second one, for times like this!

^^^^^ Here is another reason why we have helmet laws. ;)

A

Anonymous

253hawk":161shvev said:
Yeah, so when fire crews are dispatched and there's suddenly a fire or a car accident or something somewhere else...awesome prank, Farva. :roll:

Wasn't me. I swear!

pmedic920

Reaction score
For those of you that truly don't see that a false alarm as prank is stupid, and dangerous to the people that protect you.

I wish I had access to the video camera on my unit. You would be amazed at the crap people do around an emergency vehicle when it's running "hot" (lights and siren on).
Almost EVERY run, we have close calls.
When you combine the sound dampening of cars now a days, loud stereos, cell phones with people that don't "give a shit",its dangerous, period.
I can only ask you, next time you encounter an emergency vehicle running "hot", approaching from behind or from the opposite direction, pull over to the right as far as you safely can, AND STOP. Chances are that's what the law says you should do anyway.
Think for just 1 minute, that they may be on the way to help somebody you love.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":2r0w46zp said:
GeekHawk":2r0w46zp said:

Seriously?
<snip>

Did that sound serious? And, I wasn't being surly either. :mrgreen:

On an actually serious note, something I've wondered about... Why does the fire department respond with a full crew and fire truck when somebody calls about a heart attack or similar? It's not like the victim is going to spontaneously combust or something. Seems like a waste of money, taking out fire responders for a medical response.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2hah74x5 said:
I think it's awesome. Happens to our team so why not a little tit for tat.

The Seahawks are off to a rough start this Season, so we 12's need to retaliate against other teams with dirtbagery?
Pretty hard for me to get my jollies over such a childish act.

pmedic920

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2y46c6o8 said:

On an actually serious note, something I've wondered about... Why does the fire department respond with a full crew and fire truck when somebody calls about a heart attack or similar? It's not like the victim is going to spontaneously combust or something. Seems like a waste of money, taking out fire responders for a medical response.

Different cities/departments respond differently.
It depends how each system is run.
In a nutshell it's because manpower is needed. The medics can't give meds, do CPR, control the scene and move the patient. They need the hands and muscles.
FWIW, Seattle has one of, if not The Best CPR save rate it the nation. They must be doing something right.
If you really want to know more about it, you should do a lil research. IMHO it's really kind of interesting. How well each area does at saving people in relation to how responses are tiered.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2fbo56m5 said:
Tech Worlds":2fbo56m5 said:
I think it's awesome. Happens to our team so why not a little tit for tat.

The Seahawks are off to a rough start this Season, so we 12's need to retaliate against other teams with dirtbagery?
Pretty hard for me to get my jollies over such a childish act.
No I'm sure you get them other ways.

Redsand187

Reaction score
GeekHawk":s6mrgzao said:
pmedic920":s6mrgzao said:
GeekHawk":s6mrgzao said:

Seriously?
<snip>

Around here, police and fire respond to pretty much everything with a medical call. Fire will assist if needed and help clear the area, police will direct traffic, this lets the paramedics do their job with as little distraction as possible, and have all the help that they may need for anything. Police are the first to leave if it's really not necessary for them to be there.

Also, here, full fire doesn't respond to a fire alarm. The fire chief will respond immediately and confirm the alarm call.

Chawker

Reaction score
First off I support my local firemen, but two years ago after I refused help from medics they wouldn't let me go and demand that they have to take me to the hospital to be checked out. Which I walked in and sat down for nice 6 block drive, then I walked out and there billed me over 2600.00 dollars. And in there eyes they were running hot. I explain this to two collection agency, they both appogized after telling them I payed them half of the 2600.00 and I said, if you want the rest I'll see you in court.
There are alot more dangerous jobs out there stop with your I'm more important then you stuff. It was a stupid prank, so get over it. And when you do run hot be more careful. PEACE!

GeekHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":3rfhud3t said:
GeekHawk":3rfhud3t said:

Different cities/departments respond differently.
It depends how each system is run.
In a nutshell it's because manpower is needed. The medics can't give meds, do CPR, control the scene and move the patient. They need the hands and muscles.
FWIW, Seattle has one of, if not The Best CPR save rate it the nation. They must be doing something right.
If you really want to know more about it, you should do a lil research. IMHO it's really kind of interesting. How well each area does at saving people in relation to how responses are tiered.

Seattle has had just about the best CPR save rate for as long as I can remember, at least back to the 70s. I think the whole Medic-1/ paramedic thing may have started here as well, but not certain. I've actually performed CPR myself, along with Heimlich-ing kids twice when they were choking and being first on the scene to several car accidents. Good thing I learned first aid when I was a Boy Scout! So far my personal save rate is around 50%. Wish it was higher, but some of those accidents were pretty gruesome.

Rocket

Reaction score
Yo pmedic... is it truly possible for the alarm to only go off on certain floors? I'd have assumed that a whole building would go off for a fire. If it was a shortish height of course.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Rocket":3lpqc61x said:
Yo pmedic... is it truly possible for the alarm to only go off on certain floors? I'd have assumed that a whole building would go off for a fire. If it was a shortish height of course.

I'm no alarm expert but m sure it's possible.
I know the bigger systems have "control" panels where they can see where the alarm originated.