Do I take the bet

• Yes

Votes: 55 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 24 30.4%

• Total voters

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
sorry but sactown is a shite hole. there are worse places to live in Cali but if you are comparing Santa Barbara to Sacramento, Sacremento has no reedeeming qualities other than being affordable.

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
The surrounding area is pretty much suburbs and that sucks, but midtown really is a beautiful, tree filled place to live.

Hawker

Reaction score
As a former California res I say take the bet. I'd move to Santa Barbara in a heartbeat.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1nb19soa said:
Sarlacc83":1nb19soa said:
(Only 1 of 32 outcomes is in your favor, though of course you can already count out the Cardinals, the Jaguars and a couple other teams.)

Read the bet details again. Only applies if the Seahawks make it to the Super Bowl, so his chances are basically 50/50.

Still a dumb idea, though; and I completely agree about the resentment bit.

You're right, I missed that. Odds are a little bit better, but I wouldn't put it at 50/50, either.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SharkHawk":8yej1n6w said:
Wait.... a LOSS of this bet means you move out of Sacramento to Santa Barbara? Why are you even thinking about this? Your LOSS of this bet is better than most wins people get on bets. Jump on this fast. At worst, you'll be upgrading your living situation ten-fold. :snack: :stirthepot:
Stated better than I could've. Take the bet.

Subzero717

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1lvmd950 said:
SharkHawk":1lvmd950 said:
Wait.... a LOSS of this bet means you move out of Sacramento to Santa Barbara? Why are you even thinking about this? Your LOSS of this bet is better than most wins people get on bets. Jump on this fast. At worst, you'll be upgrading your living situation ten-fold. :snack: :stirthepot:

Truw but one does need to be able to support oneself and family once there.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2937yd66 said:
hawksfansinceday1":2937yd66 said:
SharkHawk":2937yd66 said:

Truw but one does need to be able to support oneself and family once there.
True dat. Would you be able to do so Sac?

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":26nac7vy said:

Perhaps, though not nearly as comfortably. Also, there is a distinct lack of poker rooms in SB which would account for an additional 1000-1200 a month in lost income for me.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":sq87et7g said:
hawksfansinceday1":sq87et7g said:

Perhaps, though not nearly as comfortably. Also, there is a distinct lack of poker rooms in SB which would account for an additional 1000-1200 a month in lost income for me.
Probably not then.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I'll also throw this out there, my wife's family is from there and SB hates growth. So if you ever do want to buy a house you will need your whole twenty down and immaculate credit unlike is Sac.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":23wuxiou said:
godawg":23wuxiou said:
Talon, I guess you've never been on the dusty streets of Bakersfield.

I was born and for the most part raised in LA and recently Lived in Bakersfield for 6 years before moving to Seattle. I would take Bakersfield any day over LA. Like someone pointd out about Sac, its the location I loved. 2 hour drive to Pismo, LA, Fresno (entertainment) 4 hours to Vegas, San Diego, Frisco. Lakes, mountains all right there. On top of that the cheap living, good pay, warm DRY weather.

Bakersfield lol. The arm pit. It all makes sense now.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
My plan would be to get her drunk and take advantage of her. You will both have a blast and hopefully she will remember.

Chapow

Reaction score
fsmassey":29amrx19 said:
Wow. Nobody here has a real perspective on what Sacramento actually is.
Sacramento itself, if you had to live in one place all your life, totally unimpressive. But living in Sacramento comes with a great and unique lifestyle.
Look at Sac like a crossroads, basically, of Northern California. That's the place where there's access to beaches, mountains, some of the most famous national parks and wilderness areas, and one of the cultural capitals of the west. ALL within 2-4 hours of driving away. You live in Sacramento not to be in Sac, but to be in the middle of all the places California has to offer. The housing is cheap, the food here is OUTSTANDING, the access to everything is invaluable. Those are the perks, and if you utilize them, life here is beautiful :D

OG poster, don't take the bet. Too much left to chance.

Having to constantly drive 2-4 hours away from where you live just to be somewhere that doesn't suck sure does sound like a pretty unique lifestyle, doesn't really sound great though.

BigBay49

Reaction score
Seems like she gets the raw end of the deal. I would take it if I weren't a 9er fan.

Now the real question .....would you take the bet if she had to become a Seahawk fan or you had to become a 49er fan if either lost? ;)

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
BigBay49":1govhud3 said:
Seems like she gets the raw end of the deal. I would take it if I weren't a 9er fan.

Now the real question .....would you take the bet if she had to become a Seahawk fan or you had to become a 49er fan if either lost? ;)

Hell no. Or, I'd take the bet and then Welch if I lost!

Subzero717

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":rmlo8p4g said:
CALIHAWK1":rmlo8p4g said:
godawg":rmlo8p4g said:
Talon, I guess you've never been on the dusty streets of Bakersfield.

I was born and for the most part raised in LA and recently Lived in Bakersfield for 6 years before moving to Seattle. I would take Bakersfield any day over LA. Like someone pointd out about Sac, its the location I loved. 2 hour drive to Pismo, LA, Fresno (entertainment) 4 hours to Vegas, San Diego, Frisco. Lakes, mountains all right there. On top of that the cheap living, good pay, warm DRY weather.

Bakersfield lol. The arm pit. It all makes sense now.

What makes sense?

Subzero717

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":30wkoknp said:
Stoned Cold":30wkoknp said:
Bakersfield lol. The arm pit.
IDK dude, Barstow. It's neck and neck, or should I say pit and pit?

Comparing Barstow and Bako is apples and oranges. Like I said I grew up early in LA. Lived in Bako. Now reside in Seattle. I would choose Bako over LA. Wages, crime, traffic, quality of life. Barstow is a gas station town halfway to Vegas. Bakersfield is by no means some oasis but gets a waaaau bum rap from people that "pass thru" on the 99.

bobk3333

Reaction score
You people need to find better things to do with your time.

This is stupid.

Go Hawks.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Chapow":10bf3y05 said:
fsmassey":10bf3y05 said:
Wow. Nobody here has a real perspective on what Sacramento actually is.
Sacramento itself, if you had to live in one place all your life, totally unimpressive. But living in Sacramento comes with a great and unique lifestyle.
Look at Sac like a crossroads, basically, of Northern California. That's the place where there's access to beaches, mountains, some of the most famous national parks and wilderness areas, and one of the cultural capitals of the west. ALL within 2-4 hours of driving away. You live in Sacramento not to be in Sac, but to be in the middle of all the places California has to offer. The housing is cheap, the food here is OUTSTANDING, the access to everything is invaluable. Those are the perks, and if you utilize them, life here is beautiful :D

OG poster, don't take the bet. Too much left to chance.

Having to constantly drive 2-4 hours away from where you live just to be somewhere that doesn't suck sure does sound like a pretty unique lifestyle, doesn't really sound great though.
Where do you live?

Latest posts