Do I take the bet

• Yes

Votes: 55 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 24 30.4%

• Total voters

Sac

Reaction score
My woman made me a wager today and I want to check the .NET pulse on the subject.

The bet only applies if the Seahawks make it to the Super Bowl.

If the Seahawks lose, I'm required to move with her to Santa Barbara...this is a big deal...I love Sac

If the Seahawks win she'll publicly renounce her 49er fandom. That means if I wear Hawks gear she does too, if I talk shit about the Niners she'll back, me up. The full deal.

Do I take the bet?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Take no bets on very big life decisions on such matters that are out of your control.

EDIT: Geez, can you tell I just watched Dark Shadows? That movie cracks me up, but my response was basically freudian. :?

Bakergirl

Reaction score
I'd take that bet, but that's easy for me to say as I'm not in your shoes and I don't have to live with her if she loses, or wins for that matter. It would be worth it though if it created one less 49er fan in the process. :mrgreen:

kearly

Reaction score
Easy bet. Sacramento is a wanna-be city in drought-ridden, dust bowl farm country anyway. I see "win all around" on this one. I drove I-5 from San Diego to Portland earlier this year and I'm not sure how I made it through that valley without killing myself.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I dunno, we're gonna win but I wouldn't take the chance of uprooting out of a place I want to be. Unless you're sure this girl is someone you can see yourself with in the long run.

That being said, who the hell dates a 49er fan on purpose?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Seems like a win-win. Why? Worst case scenario you get to move away from Sacramento to Santa Barbara.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Wait.... a LOSS of this bet means you move out of Sacramento to Santa Barbara? Why are you even thinking about this? Your LOSS of this bet is better than most wins people get on bets. Jump on this fast. At worst, you'll be upgrading your living situation ten-fold. :snack: :stirthepot:

A

Anonymous

I don't know if we could call you "SantaHawk2.1" if things go awry, sooooo...

...no bet.

Riley12

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2qkp9sj4 said:
I don't know if we could call you "SantaHawk2.1" if things go awry, sooooo...

...no bet.

Actually, since he would have lost the bet, he should then become BarbaraHawk, or Babs for short.

godawg

Reaction score
If you have a job waiting for you that will pay for the dramatic increase in housing costs in SB, then take the bet. Otherwise, it's a gamble you can't afford to lose (ie not something you want to bet).

brimsalabim

Reaction score
This looks to be a Win - Win situation for her.....sucker bet

Axx

Reaction score
Dont forget to adx getting a beej to the bet

BlueTalon

Reaction score
If it were me, I'd put in a referee-related no-bet clause. Based on previous experience.

Largent80":f4rx6263 said:
You can happily leave your Sac and never look back.
That's just wrong.

drdiags

Reaction score
Take the bet, even if you lose, your beloved Kings will end up in Santa Barbara with you or close nearby. :stirthepot:

:thirishdrinkers:

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
For the life of me, I can't figure out what's so awesome about Sacramento such that you wouldn't want to move to a coastal paradise like Santa Barbara. That would be like preferring to live in Bakersfield over Los Angeles, or Hemet instead of Palm Springs.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":2goxpub9 said:
For the life of me, I can't figure out what's so awesome about Sacramento such that you wouldn't want to move to a coastal paradise like Santa Barbara. That would be like preferring to live in Bakersfield over Los Angeles, or Hemet instead of Palm Springs.
That made me laugh out loud. I'd rather live just about anywhere rather than Los Angeles.