Do I take the bet

• Yes

Votes: 55 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 24 30.4%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

After thinking about this a bit more, SantaHawk or BarbaraHawk both open up a world of avatar possibilities.

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
The midtown/downtown area is actually really nice. That's where I live. Lots of tress, very cool people, all my family and friends. Sac has been good to me.

The Radish

Reaction score
Making a REAL life bet attached to any kind of sports?? What a stupid idea!!

Grade school kids in the school yard would know better.

:141847_bnono:

p.s. Again what a stupid idea. Not a smart enough idea to even be just dumb.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I lived in Suisun City and Fairfield CA for 10-15 years and it's basically the exact same as Sacramento so explain to me why this is an issue, seriously. Choice A.....lets live in farm country with unbearable hot weather vs. on the beach in reasonable weather, what's the question again? Given you insist on living in California which is kind of insane to me. But each to their own I guess.

Largent80

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2xhuwewd said:
SmokinHawk":2xhuwewd said:
For the life of me, I can't figure out what's so awesome about Sacramento such that you wouldn't want to move to a coastal paradise like Santa Barbara. That would be like preferring to live in Bakersfield over Los Angeles, or Hemet instead of Palm Springs.
That made me laugh out loud. I'd rather live just about anywhere rather than Los Angeles.

If you are talking central, or south central, then yes, but west L.A. and its surrounding areas (like Culver City where I live) are quite nice.

godawg

Reaction score
Talon, I guess you've never been on the dusty streets of Bakersfield.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Take the bet but still move to Santa Barbara... at the most your household can be accented all in Seahawks blue, green, and grays without any stupid color clash of red and gold.

Both of you can pray to your picture of Russell Wilson Jesus without a picture of Colin Kaepernick Jesus also looking down upon you, kissing his arms.

Maybe that's just me :), JK

Subzero717

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":370bqdtz said:
For the life of me, I can't figure out what's so awesome about Sacramento such that you wouldn't want to move to a coastal paradise like Santa Barbara. That would be like preferring to live in Bakersfield over Los Angeles, or Hemet instead of Palm Springs.

Coming from a guy that lives in Umatilla.

Stephen SeaHawking

Reaction score
Dude, you are totally get hosed here. IF she wins -- then you are changing every aspect of your life. If you win, she is wearing a different color shirt occasionally. Women...they are so much sneakier than us.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
No bet, if she could flip allegiances over a bet, then her conviction must not be that strong anyways and not worth very much, don't need that kinda hawks fan.

fsmassey

Reaction score
Wow. Nobody here has a real perspective on what Sacramento actually is.
Sacramento itself, if you had to live in one place all your life, totally unimpressive. But living in Sacramento comes with a great and unique lifestyle.
Look at Sac like a crossroads, basically, of Northern California. That's the place where there's access to beaches, mountains, some of the most famous national parks and wilderness areas, and one of the cultural capitals of the west. ALL within 2-4 hours of driving away. You live in Sacramento not to be in Sac, but to be in the middle of all the places California has to offer. The housing is cheap, the food here is OUTSTANDING, the access to everything is invaluable. Those are the perks, and if you utilize them, life here is beautiful :D

OG poster, don't take the bet. Too much left to chance.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
godawg":2cahy9ib said:
I have been on the dusty streets of Bakersfield. I have also been on the freeways in Los Angeles. If I had to choose, I'd rather smell dust than exhaust. But that's just me.

I just don't trust air I can see, or sunsets I can smell.

Largent80":2cahy9ib said:
If you are talking central, or south central, then yes, but west L.A. and its surrounding areas (like Culver City where I live) are quite nice.
I'll take your word for it. My comments are just based on what I have seen personally.

Subzero717

Reaction score
godawg":4w5uikb1 said:

I was born and for the most part raised in LA and recently Lived in Bakersfield for 6 years before moving to Seattle. I would take Bakersfield any day over LA. Like someone pointd out about Sac, its the location I loved. 2 hour drive to Pismo, LA, Fresno (entertainment) 4 hours to Vegas, San Diego, Frisco. Lakes, mountains all right there. On top of that the cheap living, good pay, warm DRY weather.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I wouldn't do it. If you win, the resentment might fester and eventually tear out the heart of your relationship, and from a detached perspective of looking at the odds, you've got a bigger chance of losing than winning (Only 1 of 32 outcomes is in your favor, though of course you can already count out the Cardinals, the Jaguars and a couple other teams.)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3s0cblno said:
(Only 1 of 32 outcomes is in your favor, though of course you can already count out the Cardinals, the Jaguars and a couple other teams.)

Read the bet details again. Only applies if the Seahawks make it to the Super Bowl, so his chances are basically 50/50.

Still a dumb idea, though; and I completely agree about the resentment bit.

Latest posts