So marshawn is faced with an ejection over his shoes

gocougs789

Reaction score
And belicheat is up to his old tricks and may* lose a draft pick...

Makes no sense to me

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I thought it was ridiculous. How is a player wearing gold shoes going to impact the outcome of the game? This stuff is really petty by the NFL.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Um, the last I heard was that the NFL threatened to bar Lynch from the game until he had the proper uniform on.

It might've resulted in Lynch possibly getting suspended for the next game.

Thing is, Lynch changed his shoes away from the gold ones. If I'm Lynch, I wear them in the SB, and take the suspension next year.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":3vqfrs7g said:
Um, the last I heard was that the NFL threatened to bar Lynch from the game until he had the proper uniform on.

It might've resulted in Lynch possibly getting suspended for the next game.

Thing is, Lynch changed his shoes away from the gold ones. If I'm Lynch, I wear them in the SB, and take the suspension next year.

He was told before the game that if he entered the game with the shoes, he'd be ejected. The officiating crew confirmed this. They added that although they did threaten ejection, they would have actually just barred him from entering the game with the shoes on.

Either way it's a ridiculous threat by the NFL. Other players have played with uniform violations and faced only fines.

BraveHeartFan

Reaction score
It's stupid is what it is. Who cares what color his shoes are. This is seriously just stupid.

OP
OP
G

gocougs789

Reaction score
The report was if he stepped on the field, first time wouldve been a 15yd penalty for unsportsmanlike, the second time would've been an ejection. The point here is that if belichick indeed had something to do with the deflated footballs, then why shouldn't he face a suspension(if they are willing to make a big deal out of shoes)? And for the record he should be held accountable for the actions of his staff.

mikeak

Reaction score
It is one thing being caught after the fact and a different thing being told ahead of time and then ignoring it.

Example -- Lynch wears his shoes, Fox does a close-up and the league catches it and realizes they are not allowed. There is ZERO chance that he gets suspended for the Super Bowl. He would get a small fine and told not to wear them again.

If he was told not to wear them (he was) and then went out there and wore them (he didn't) yeah he should get punished. Like / dislike the rule - it is in place so people don't mess with the uniforms and getting told about it and then ignoring it would piss the league off more than actually ignoring it. Kind of like when I get mad at my son for lying to me much more so than the broken vase.......

Now NE is facing loss of draft picks if they are busted for the balls. that would be pretty damn significant

kidhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":ynqrb88d said:
It is one thing being caught after the fact and a different thing being told ahead of time and then ignoring it.

Example -- Lynch wears his shoes, Fox does a close-up and the league catches it and realizes they are not allowed. There is ZERO chance that he gets suspended for the Super Bowl. He would get a small fine and told not to wear them again.

If he was told not to wear them (he was) and then went out there and wore them (he didn't) yeah he should get punished. Like / dislike the rule - it is in place so people don't mess with the uniforms and getting told about it and then ignoring it would piss the league off more than actually ignoring it. Kind of like when I get mad at my son for lying to me much more so than the broken vase.......

Now NE is facing loss of draft picks if they are busted for the balls. that would be pretty damn significant

Players have had uniform violatins in the past that had been in the news prior to game day who got fined. Nobody is saying he should be allowed to do whatever he wants, but I've never heard of a player being ejected for a uniform violation. If ejecting was common, then they'd do it for every uniform violation. To single Lynch out like this is ridiculous. Fine him like you've ALWAYS done.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Are people seriously suggesting he might wear them while playing in the Super Bowl? He wouldn't be able to play. When the NFL found out the golden cleats exist and that Marshawn planned to wear them, they made their point exceptionally clear. If the refs see golden cleats on him, and they will, they apparently will call an unsportsman-like conduct penalty on him just for stepping on the field with them on -- and even if they don't, they're not going to allow play to start with Marshawn in formation with gold uppers on his feet.

My guess is he wears the same cleats he wore yesterday, the ones with the gold bottoms. Unless the NFL gets a stick up their hiney about that as well.

mikeak

Reaction score
We can always hope for a blowout say 50-10 Seattle and Lynch puts on the shoes and goes out on the field :)

Latest posts