So it all comes down to the Detroit Lions...

SNDavidson

Reaction score
This last win showed growth, exactly the growth we needed to see, if they make a wc game they can absolutely get a w, the draft and offseason and preseason fervor next year is going to be great

Spohawks

Reaction score
What am I missing?
The GB/lions game is an east coast game that starts at 10pm PST and the Hawks start at 1pm.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Well the Seahawks only have themselves to blame for being in this situation ....if they only could have beaten any one of these teams at home - the Falcons or the Panthers, then they would have clinched a wildcard spot.
But the holes we need to fill came out and we lost to crappy teams. We are not a playoff team yet.

Rainger

Reaction score
I find it hard to get excited about a .500ish team. The current playoff format is absurd, with 14 out of 32 teams qualifying, allowing mediocre teams like ours to advance to the postseason. The concern isn't with providing fans with the highest quality product, it's maximizing their profit.

And it's not just the fact that so many teams qualify. Taking away two first round byes causes teams to rest their starters in the final week rather than motivate them to play balls to the wall through the entire regular season, turning a lot of those Week 18 contests into a glorified preseason game.
This .500ish team is great. We were predicted for 5 wins. The Hawks have the same record of the darlings of the NFL, Tampa Bay, Green Bay, Pittsburg, Miami and New England and a better record than many teams picked by the "experts" to be in the playoffs.

Denver all they needed was a QB we were told, the team was loaded, we were told. The Rams, they were definitely going to be in the playoffs again. Remember the Hawks were going to be in LAST place in this division.

It is the nature of the NFL PARITY. Yes there are a couple of teams with really good records, but when you examine their games you will see easy schedules, advantage scheduling who where u play, ref assistance, video review assistance and in some case just luck.

If the Seahawks are mediocre, than 60 percent of the league is as well, that is not an indictment of the Hawks but rather the product in the NFL. This team easly played to a 10 or maybe even 11 win level Yes the D sucked a few times and they lost games they shouldn't, BUT they lost 2 sure games that were taken by ref decisions. That would have made the Hawks 10 wins right now.

The team has exceeded the predictions, has a lot of growth to go through, but the team is no more Mediocre than teams winning their divisions.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The only way the Seahawks make the playoffs is if the Lions go to green bay and beat the refs and a surging Erin. I'm not liking the chances of it happening but you never know, it is the national flag league after all
Right on point Welsh. Hard to see any case where Erin and the Pack don't get MOST of the calls, especially in the 4th.
Slim chances, but hopefully we get that W on Sunday and at least have a shot. Not exactly something many of us thought this team would be doing in week 18.

cymatica

Reaction score
But the holes we need to fill came out and we lost to crappy teams. We are not a playoff team yet.
Yup. I don't understand why so much overreacting over the schedule when it's clear this defense can't stop any playoff team except maybe the Giants.

The NFL is probably banking on them losing to the Rams and I don't blame them

Donn2390

Reaction score
So I take from many of the posters in this thread, that even if we do make the playoffs we don't stand a chance so lets not even bother playing the Rams and go home. Serious lack of completive spirt.
I have to wonder what these "Quitters" are like in their daily lives? Quitters never win and winners never quit. There is always a chance of winning, never say never until the last whistle, no matter the odds...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
So I take from many of the posters in this thread, that even if we do make the playoffs we don't stand a chance so lets not even bother playing the Rams and go home. Serious lack of completive spirt.
I have to wonder what these "Quitters" are like in their daily lives? Quitters never win and winners never quit. There is always a chance of winning, never say never until the last whistle, no matter the odds...

Even from an NFL logical reasoning perspective, it makes no sense.

So lose so we can draft a player MAYBE 4-5 picks earlier that only has about a 30-40% chance of being an impactful player for a couple years (NFL statistical odds of mid 1st round picks being good) vs making the playoffs and having all that momentum and experience going into next off season?

No brainer for me.

RiverDog

Reaction score
You know movies and TV shows aren't real right? But you still watch those. Its the same thing...its entertainment.
I never watch professional wrestling because it is staged. If I do watch a fictious movie, it has to be credible or believable, like Titanic. I got up and walked out of The Martian because it was so phony, should have demanded my money back for such a POS. I read a lot of nonfiction stuff, biographies and the sort, and I watch a lot of documentaries.

If I ever thought that the NFL was rigged, I wouldn't give them one more dime or waste one more minute of my time following them, and I certainly wouldn't be wasting my time on a forum like this if I thought what we were talking about was rigged.

But to each their own.