Skyrim character builds

TravTex

Reaction score
I was doing another purely organic play-through (I seem to get bored and start over around level 25 or so, gonna try and play this one through to the end). Trying to play it by just focusing on opportunities as they arise and letting the circumstances dictate what the character turns into. It's pretty fun, and almost impossible to play the same character twice that way.

I started out as a scraggly little Imperial sneaking across the border. Kind of focused on light armor, one-handed, and block for the first ten levels. Around level 5 I discovered the Transmute spell, which began my interest in magic for profit.

Started out with the Companions, but a quest to the winterhold area and the whole Shrine of Azura sequence got me more open to the idea of becoming a full-on mage. Diligent college study and the occasional companion quest later...

... I'll walk into a room flinging fire bolts, cast fury at an opponent, fire breathe at anyone who gets close... then turn into a fricking werewolf.

The hell with sneaking.

Happy

Reaction score
Interesting that you mentioned level 25 as the boredom threshold.

Pretty early on in the main storyline I swtiched gears and played through the winterhold college quests. My character was just too damn weak and I got tired of getting my ass kicked all the time. With the goodies I picked up from that I went back to the main storyline and cut through the quests like a hot knife though butter.

After that I started working on getting all the words of power (I think I have about 10-12 left). My character is so thugged out now that I can call a dragon down with dragonrend and just dual cast chain lightning at him until he dies, most of the time he doesn't even get a shot off. My enhancements are so high that the dual cast leaves my enemies staggered and I just keep pounding them repeatedly until they die. I very very rarely have to retreat or even strafe to avoid attacks for that matter.

I'm level 25 now and it seems like most of the time I'm waiting at loading screens or trying to unload all the spoils of fighting, so it's just kinda..meh. One thing I did last night that was fun was I used the storm shout in whiterun. It wiped out the entire town execpt for the named NPCs that can't die. haha.

So now I'm this freakin' baddass that no one can take down and it's just running around killing things and collecting stuff. yawn.

TravTex

Reaction score
Yeah, it happened again... Right around Level 25. Just get bored and start over trying something different. Game's great, and the options and immersion are outstanding. Even the story is solid. But there's something there with the difficulty scaling that makes things get a little 'Meh' at a certain power level.

I restarted for my first run as a pure mage. I hadn't done pure mage or pure fighter, yet. Sitting around level 9, just found the weapon speed shout. Kinda fun waving my little dagger around like a madman.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Well I figured since the populace does not change even though I become god like as a Destruction and Alteration only Mage, become head of the college, end the dragon plight and kick out the empire.

I decided to say screw you and start a Thief that just loots everything from everywhere and become the wealthiest person in the region and own as many houses and parts of business that you can.

Oh and by the way, this Dragon born says deal with your own god damn dragon problem, civil war and petty squabbles. I don't give a rats ass about any of it!!