Character - that's what I saw.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I think we got jobbed by the refs. Period.

And we shot ourselves in the foot with the moronic trick play. Couple things go either way - we should have won this game.

What I saw? What I saw last week? I see CHARACTER. And I like it.

We've been kicked in the nuts by the refs multiple times in a few games, and the offence just picks themselves up and keeps punching. It's impressive. You see DK and Geno on the sidelines - DK: "my bad". Visible. They aren't quitting on Geno, and they seem to have quit plenty of times on his predecessor.

Everyone is calling the Defense garbage. They got problems. Defending on 4 or 5 pass plays today - was NOT one of those problems. I saw hands getting in the middle of passes that impressed me. I don't think the TD was a TD, but 50/50 I guess. Big efforts and successes on a few of those plays.

I see guys with heart. I see guys working for each other - legitimately. I see guys owning mistakes without a grudge, and trying to fix it. We were never Owl bound this year - but Jesus - I REALLY like certain things that I'm seeing.

We should have won this game. I'm not worried one little bit. Geno for Prez. Said it before, and I'll say it again. Geno for Prez. ;)

mistaowen

Reaction score
Offense looks miles ahead of what I expected, complete opposite direction for the defense. I don’t see any heart? Who is a leader? Who makes a play when you need one? Who can actually set edges and do simple run fits. Who can make tackles when needed? 2x 100 yard rushers today against a bad offense missing 3 starting wide receivers and QB.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
we did get screwed, yes. easily should have won that game, but we got screwed by the officiating. we can't control that unfortunately.

the elephant in the room, though, is still this defense. the defensive gameplan and defensive playcalling were complete shit. taysom hill looked like god out there, we couldn't stop him. played soft when his package was in, and let him and kamara gash us over and over.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score

And we shot ourselves in the foot with the moronic trick play. Couple things go either way - we should have won this game.

We've been kicked in the nuts by the refs multiple times in a few games, and the offence just picks themselves up and keeps punching. It's impressive. You see DK and Geno on the sidelines - DK: "my bad". Visible. They aren't quitting on Geno, and they seem to have quit plenty of times on his predecessor.

Everyone is calling the Defense garbage. They got problems. Defending on 4 or 5 pass plays today - was NOT one of those problems. I saw hands getting in the middle of passes that impressed me. I don't think the TD was a TD, but 50/50 I guess. Big efforts and successes on a few of those plays.

I see guys with heart. I see guys working for each other - legitimately. I see guys owning mistakes without a grudge, and trying to fix it. We were never Owl bound this year - but Jesus - I REALLY like certain things that I'm seeing.

We should have won this game. I'm not worried one little bit. Geno for Prez. Said it before, and I'll say it again. Geno for Prez. ;)
this is the single worst defense this franchise has ever fielded. I'm not seeing any heart at all. Quite the opposite. I think this team is on the verge of giving up on their coaches. (defensively)

Fade

Reaction score
The worst coaching display I've ever seen on defense. They played backup quality QBs today and made them look like HoFers.

NE blanked Detroit. It makes giving up 45 to them playing with a lot of backups on offense even more disgusting.

Scout

Reaction score

It is a process and I like what I am seeing from this team. Competing week in and week out.

Fade

Reaction score
Oh, it's a process alright. It is incredibly hard to build a defense that is bottom 5 in all 5 major categories. It takes years of incompetence.

First, your star players age out.

2nd, you draft poorly.

3rd, sign JAGs and play them over your draft picks impeding their development.

4th, when your def. rookies do see the field, play them out of position. You don't want them playing to their strength.

5th, ignore obvious issues for years, and fail to address them. As it will just fix itself apparently.

6th, Play the same scheme year after year, even though it's been figured out.

7th, finally change parts of the scheme, but market it as an overhaul. Make an in house "yes" man hire once again, so the HC can still remain in control of it. So when it inevitably goes wrong, you have another fall guy to keep this train wreck of a defense rolling.

Fire Hurtt. LOL. The Seahawks didn't get to this point overnight. This has been years of poor coaching and mismanagement by Pete. If you want this issue to change you have to remove him.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I will agree that I see promise in the secondary. They have busy hands on pass defense.

The hole remains in the linebacking corps primarily and I think we need to abandon the 3-4 at this point.

EDIT: One thing I do want to highlight again is that this is another 'What If?' game for me on special teams. That fake/failed punt was possibly the turning point of the game. Two big special teams failures early last week put us in a similar situation. Part of me wonders if the defense didn't get put in these situations the last two weeks if these two games don't play out completely differently for our defense.

I really, really want to see a game without special teams' mistakes like that next week.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
this is the single worst defense this franchise has ever fielded. I'm not seeing any heart at all. Quite the opposite. I think this team is on the verge of giving up on their coaches. (defensively)
Yeahhhh!!!! Hyperbole!!!!🎉

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
The worst coaching display I've ever seen on defense. They played backup quality QBs today and made them look like HoFers.

NE blanked Detroit. It makes giving up 45 to them playing with a lot of backups on offense even more disgusting.
Yeahhhh!!!! Hyperbole!!!!🎉 But I know you're all in. You really do enjoy when the Seahawks lose.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I will agree that I see promise in the secondary. They have busy hands on pass defense.

The hole remains in the linebacking corps primarily and I think we need to abandon the 3-4 at this point.

EDIT: One thing I do want to highlight again is that this is another 'What If?' game for me on special teams. That fake/failed punt was possibly the turning point of the game. Two big special teams failures early last week put us in a similar situation. Part of me wonders if the defense didn't get put in these situations the last two weeks if these two games don't play out completely differently for our defense.

I really, really want to see a game without special teams' mistakes like that next week.
I'm not sure I'd call that failed punt a mistake. It was a catastrophic failure.

m0ng0

Reaction score
We did a lot on offense and special teams that did not help our defense today. Are they good? No. Are they learning and growing? I would say yes. The corners are starting to bloom, I saw quite a bit of pressure at times, I saw a lot of good things to move on to and improve upon.
The Hill thing really caused confusion, but for the love of god relax. It's a new scheme and just because you keyboard DC's can figure it out does not mean it comes in 5 games.

Also I saw a lot of players playing hard and not giving up despite alot of BS penalties and points being taken off the board. Changing coordinators 5 games into the season is not the answer. Maybe designating one voice to run the show would cut down on some of the confusion if that really IS a problem. I think Adams was supposed to be the leader of this D and somebody else needs to step up now. I think it gets better every week but this is a murderers row of games coming up so may get worse before it gets better?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We are basically where I expected us to be. At or near .500. Which is where many of us expected this team to be at year end.

Instead of having a solid defense and a struggling offense (with no QB) we did the reverse. Terrible defense and solid offense.

But the end result is the same. The bummer is that with a porous defense getting a great QB does not really help you.

The good part is that at least the games are entertaining.

This defense is pretty tough to stomach though.

morgulon1

Reaction score

I like where you went with this post. Trying
To find positives in what is obviously a year
Of building a future roster ( I didn't say rebuild)

* I think we might already have our QB . He's 32 or 33 but who says he couldn't go for 3 to 4 seasons , he hasn't been beat up the last 5 years.

* I think it's possible that Jamal Adams going to IR is more than we realize and Sea
Didn't have a plan B.

* It appears that Seattle beat themselves and that's a big positive , as opposed to being 100% outclassed. They'll get better .

* The defense did look to be better in spots. But the NFL is unforgiving and those
Couple of plays where they lose focus ...
Oh shit !!

We have a lot to look forward to

FPD

Reaction score

This defense makes me long for the days of of the 2-14 Tom Flores team :sarcasm_on:. Pee-wee defensive coaches could do better!

Fire the entire defensive coaching staff! :ROFLMAO:

BASF

Reaction score
For those of you saying our worst ever, are we giving the first two seasons a pass because they were an expansion team? They were worse than this.

As far as the character of the offense, very true. They are willing to put it on the line for Geno as their leader. It has been a revelation.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Just enough character to stay in the thick of our division race and potential playoff berth, thanks to Zona and Rams losing too. Damn niners pulled out another win though. Hate to fall behind them. Any of them. It's looking like getting a wildcard will be a dogfight.
This is the thing that's interesting (...and frustrating): We still are very much in it in the NFC West. Only San Francisco looks 'good' and even they have a suspect aspect (their offense).

The Rams aren't good. The Cardinals aren't good. The Seahawks at least have a stand-out side of the ball with our offense. Outside of Niners' defense, our offense is the second best unit in the NFC West.

So, even if this is a 'rebuilding year'... we aren't out of the playoff race, as disheartening as this loss was.

FPD

Reaction score
For those of you saying our worst ever, are we giving the first two seasons a pass because they were an expansion team? They were worse than this....
True. The 1976 team does still hold the record for the most points allowed by the Seahawks in a season. So far!

Also remember, the '76 Seahawks had a 14 game schedule!

Seahawks Seasons By Points Allowed