Character - that's what I saw.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I will never forget losing to Dallas 55-6 (?). I think it was '78. That was disheartening. The game today had many bright points to dwell on. It's just really frustrating to be losing winnable games, even though this is just about exactly what I anticipated with so many young guys playing prominent roles. Like I said prior to our first game, if we can win game #1 I'll be happy and anything else is just gravy. We did that so I won't let myself get too down over the process running it's course.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Yeahhhh!!!! Hyperbole!!!!🎉 But I know you're all in. You really do enjoy when the Seahawks lose.
you being butthurt about me being right about how bad this team is, doesn't equal me wanting the Seahwks to lose. 4-5 wins, get a franchise QB in the draft and fix the d line. next year should be much more watchable.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
you being butthurt about me being right about how bad this team is, doesn't equal me wanting the Seahwks to lose. 4-5 wins, get a franchise QB in the draft and fix the d line. next year should be much more watchable.
You quoted what I posted for Fade, who seems to revel in losses - oops on you.

I'm not sure if you revel in losses, thus didn't state that.

I did comment on your over the top hyperbolic take. Nothing is ever as good or as bad as an all or nothing point of view suggests. I get you are very emotional, but really if you don't find enjoyment watching then why watch?

Speaking of butthurt - I'm not the one whining about the defense, the coaching, the ??? - I am just pointing out some of the 8-year-old-the-world-is-over responses after a close loss, which could have easily been a win on the road.

I'm not telling you not to express your feelings, but on a forum it should be expected to receive comments from others who disagree with any point of view.

If the defense plays like this at the end of the year I may concur, but now after a close game? It's an opportunity more than anything.

If you are unhappy with the coaching and the defense and see things as irreparable, then you could even choose to be happy with how bad things looked as that may lead to bigger changes sooner.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Completely agree with OP. We have the best offense in the league DVOA could easily be 4-1. The refs are out to get us this year because Seattle winning doesn’t fit the league wants or narratives. We need to make some adjustments defensively tho. Hurtt is in over his head

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I like where you went with this post. Trying
To find positives in what is obviously a year
Of building a future roster ( I didn't say rebuild)

* I think we might already have our QB . He's 32 or 33 but who says he couldn't go for 3 to 4 seasons , he hasn't been beat up the last 5 years.

* I think it's possible that Jamal Adams going to IR is more than we realize and Sea
Didn't have a plan B.

* It appears that Seattle beat themselves and that's a big positive , as opposed to being 100% outclassed. They'll get better .

* The defense did look to be better in spots. But the NFL is unforgiving and those
Couple of plays where they lose focus ...
Oh shit !!

We have a lot to look forward to
I've been saying that to my wife for a week and a half now. Adams, despite what anyone/everyone may think of his deal -

IS MISSED big time right now. He was on cleanup. We miss him.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
We did a lot on offense and special teams that did not help our defense today. Are they good? No. Are they learning and growing? I would say yes. The corners are starting to bloom, I saw quite a bit of pressure at times, I saw a lot of good things to move on to and improve upon.
The Hill thing really caused confusion, but for the love of god relax. It's a new scheme and just because you keyboard DC's can figure it out does not mean it comes in 5 games.

Also I saw a lot of players playing hard and not giving up despite alot of BS penalties and points being taken off the board. Changing coordinators 5 games into the season is not the answer. Maybe designating one voice to run the show would cut down on some of the confusion if that really IS a problem. I think Adams was supposed to be the leader of this D and somebody else needs to step up now. I think it gets better every week but this is a murderers row of games coming up so may get worse before it gets better?
This!