Pete rips refs, EVERYONE agreeing Seahawks got screwed

ivotuk

Reaction score
I listened to the radio broadcast, and they didn't like the PI against Woolen, and the delay of game that led to our missed field goal. I turned it off after that, because I knew the way it was going.

"That shouldn't have been delay of game. Dickson was asking for the ball with 15 seconds left and they didn't give it to him."

"The PI against Woolen was ticky-tack."

Their words, not mine.

ivotuk

Reaction score

Enough Is Enough: Cowboys-Seahawks Thriller Ruined by Poor Officiating​

Dallas outlasted Seattle in a high-scoring affair that didn’t see a single punt, but once again, a prime-time NFL game was overshadowed by a parade of yellow penalty flags.

Pete Carroll on NFL season-high 257 yards in penalties: We’ve got to get that out of football

“They were against both of us, and that bunch was throwing them,” Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said. “That secondary was full of them. It’s frustrating, but they were calling them.”

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score

Enough Is Enough: Cowboys-Seahawks Thriller Ruined by Poor Officiating​

Dallas outlasted Seattle in a high-scoring affair that didn’t see a single punt, but once again, a prime-time NFL game was overshadowed by a parade of yellow penalty flags.

Pete Carroll on NFL season-high 257 yards in penalties: We’ve got to get that out of football

“They were against both of us, and that bunch was throwing them,” Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said. “That secondary was full of them. It’s frustrating, but they were calling them.”
In the article Pete’s actual quote is “we’ve got to get out of that kind of football”

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
There needs to be a "Let Them Play!" movement. The refs are making the games unwatchable.

Call the obvious, egregious calls, of course. But dammit all, let the players PLAY! Enough with these suspect calls where the majority are scratching their heads. Yes, yes, you have to be disciplined, but the ticky tack, suspect type of calls need to be eliminated from the game.

DO something, NFL!!

Fernie Hawks Fan

Reaction score
I have noticed something recently that makes me wonder about the officiating in the NFL. I watched a few college games recently to see what some of these up and coming QBs look like for next year's draft. Having said that, I am by no means qualified to make any intelligent analysis of talent, more like ...I just wanted to watch some football. There was however one thing I noticed that DID stand out to me, which I mentioned to my son...."There doesn't seem to be as many flags during these college games". Are those college refs missing the penalties?

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
I have noticed something recently that makes me wonder about the officiating in the NFL. I watched a few college games recently to see what some of these up and coming QBs look like for next year's draft. Having said that, I am by no means qualified to make any intelligent analysis of talent, more like ...I just wanted to watch some football. There was however one thing I noticed that DID stand out to me, which I mentioned to my son...."There doesn't seem to be as many flags during these college games". Are those college refs missing the penalties?
I noticed the same thing. In the small sample size I've watched this year college refs have been way better. Of course in prior years watching pac 12 I thought it was some of the worst officiating of any games in any sport or league I've ever seen

flv2

Reaction score
There needs to be a "Let Them Play!" movement. The refs are making the games unwatchable.

Call the obvious, egregious calls, of course. But dammit all, let the players PLAY! Enough with these suspect calls where the majority are scratching their heads. Yes, yes, you have to be disciplined, but the ticky tack, suspect type of calls need to be eliminated from the game.

DO something, NFL!!
If you don't call fouls and infringements more players will commit them and more egregiously so. It's the nature of the competition.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Penalty yards...Hawks 130 , Dallas 127 . Numbers don't lie . It's obvious that the Hawks were treated unfairly by 3 whole yards . On top of that , the Dallas fans were too loud and DeMarcus Lawrence is too quick . This needs to be investigated . NOT FAIR !!!
Situational football. It’s not just for coordinators anymore!

SNDavidson

Reaction score
AI is the answer, not dorks in their moms basement with Walmart tvs

BigBill1945

Reaction score
Refs need to be held accountable, period. They need to become full time employees. Enough is enough.
Now this is the first thing I have seen that makes sense. Although I agree even the announcers that there were some really questionable calls. The refs with their "bad night" handed the game to "America's team". :mad::mad::mad:

stack55

Reaction score
I'm sort of pissed if Pete did complain about the refs. You can't be that undisciplined and be near the top of the league in penalties and then complain when it burns you. If you're ok with that every single game then you live and die with the results instead of playing the victim. There were a few that we benefited from too. Diggs had a big helmet to helmet hit that could've burned us along with a few others. Meh not a fan of pete talking about it even if he is technically right.
If Pete slams the officianting too much he would be fined.

stack55

Reaction score
The cow pies haven’t been a big deal in a long time. The
nfl wants them to be a big deal. It’s America’s team…you
know.

CanHawksFan

Reaction score
Reffing is very difficult, but it's the inconsistency that's the most problematic. The Seahawks have unfortunately been on the losing end of a bunch of key ticky-tack fouls this year, while on the other hand you have the Packers last night securing an important win in large part because of a no-call near the end of the game that looked worse than a lot of the calls that have gone against the Seahawks.

You can understand why Pete's a bit frustrated.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Yeah its hard for me to blame the officiating when we also got away with some big calls too. We had the ball with plenty of time left to win the game and didn't do it. It was frustrating for sure but I don't think its the main reason we lost.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Pete’s had undisciplined teams for years here in Seattle, let’s not act like this is new or surprising.

Did some calls suck? Yes. Wagner’s PI comes to mind, but Woolen also got away with a few blatant holding and face masks without getting called, so officiating is inconsistent.

Pete blaming refs, though I get the frustration, he put this team in that position by fielding a subpar defensive scheme and allowing his players to be taught or coached or whatever with bad habits.

cymatica

Reaction score
Pete’s had undisciplined teams for years here in Seattle, let’s not act like this is new or surprising.

Did some calls suck? Yes. Wagner’s PI comes to mind, but Woolen also got away with a few blatant holding and face masks without getting called, so officiating is inconsistent.

Pete blaming refs, though I get the frustration, he put this team in that position by fielding a subpar defensive scheme and allowing his players to be taught or coached or whatever with bad habits.
To be fair, Pete didn't blame the refs. He just said he wishes they would let the players play more and not throw so many flags that it disrupts the flow of the game.

Both teams were playing physical and grabby so logically the refs should just let them play it out for the most part. Instead the refs took over the game especially in key moments where they had no business throwing a flag, while also being inconsistent.

Latest posts