Pete rips refs, EVERYONE agreeing Seahawks got screwed

BASF

Reaction score
We're talking about the play where he got ripped down after like a 3 yard play and a flag was thrown then picked up, right?

Idk I guess I'll have to go back and watch it. I thought it was a good no call.
On the replay, you don't actually get to see his hand go into the facemask as a Cowboys defender flashes into the screen to block the view, but DJ's head whips back and to the left of the screen because the hand does enter the facemask which allowed the defender to make the tackle.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
What ever they screwed the pooch on that last play, refs had nothing to do with it... just win the game.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm sort of pissed if Pete did complain about the refs. You can't be that undisciplined and be near the top of the league in penalties and then complain when it burns you. If you're ok with that every single game then you live and die with the results instead of playing the victim. There were a few that we benefited from too. Diggs had a big helmet to helmet hit that could've burned us along with a few others. Meh not a fan of pete talking about it even if he is technically right.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
On the replay, you don't actually get to see his hand go into the facemask as a Cowboys defender flashes into the screen to block the view, but DJ's head whips back and to the left of the screen because the hand does enter the facemask which allowed the defender to make the tackle.
Ah, okay thank you. I stand corrected! Apologies everyone

warden

Reaction score
Players around the league are complaining. One Eagles CB called the game unwatchable because of the refs

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
It's ok. The league has apologized to the Seahawks and has decided to give them one more in the win column and take 1 out of the L column.
No. They are going to position us to beat the niners and Philly in exchange for the garbage game against Dallas. Only because it makes the narrative more mysterious.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Probably an unpopular opinion here, but I blame our player's lack of discipline over the penalties.

Dallas got called for some stuff too. Blakeman wanted way too much screen time, but our guys need to clean it up, and that boils down to coaching and fundamentals.

And that was not a facemask against DJ Dallas he folded like a lawn chair.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
I saw that there were questionable calls by the officials. I am not so sure about the idea of "game fixing". We have a good team and played well enough to win...but we didn't.

I will still watch every game and will continue to feel optimistic about our chance to win games and the future of the team...But, I admit that I am disappointed at this point in the season.

To me...it is as if the Seahawks are playing to "Not Lose", rather than playing to "Dominate and Win".

Play to win Seahawks!!!

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
And even with the complaining about the officiating the Hawks had a good chance to win when they had the ball at mid field middle 4th quarter 4th and 1 the Hawks go for it which was unsuccessful but I liked and agreed with if they get the 1st down they probably win

pmedic920

Reaction score
Probably an unpopular opinion here, but I blame our player's lack of discipline over the penalties.

Dallas got called for some stuff too. Blakeman wanted way too much screen time, but our guys need to clean it up, and that boils down to coaching and fundamentals.

And that was not a facemask against DJ Dallas he folded like a lawn chair.
Not a face mask.

His entire head spun backwards, I’m pretty sure that some of that was helmet along with face mask but that doesn’t negate what should have been an easy call.

Fact is, the flag was thrown.
It’s the picking up of the flag that was egregious.

I’m not sure how anyone (especially a hawk fan) can defend that situation.

flv2

Reaction score
I can see why they threw the flag. I can see why they picked it up. I can see that they might have ultimately gotten it wrong. Maybe if both teams weren't committing so many penalties New York might have been more comfortable looking at it for longer.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

This. Every game it's the same thing how the ref's screwed Seattle. At some point you have to start thinking maybe its Seattle screwing themselves.

xray

Reaction score
Penalty yards...Hawks 130 , Dallas 127 . Numbers don't lie . It's obvious that the Hawks were treated unfairly by 3 whole yards . On top of that , the Dallas fans were too loud and DeMarcus Lawrence is too quick . This needs to be investigated . NOT FAIR !!!

Jville

Reaction score
Televised programing has nosed over into a death spiral.

Seahawks football became the last televised programing of interest for me as of 2020.

NFL rule changes and inconsistencies have destroyed the experience.

Giving up on and leaving behind the NFL looks to be the only alternative.

Legacy television isn't entertaining or informative.

Clearly, the forth turning is upon us.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
And even with the complaining about the officiating the Hawks had a good chance to win when they had the ball at mid field middle 4th quarter 4th and 1 the Hawks go for it which was unsuccessful but I liked and agreed with if they get the 1st down they probably win
So you're contending that the loss was because of ONE LAST PLAY???
I mean come on; Hell man, there were even some other sportscasters & non-Seahawks fans commenting on how Seattle getting jobbed on several plays.
No, that ONE play wasn't the determining factor for the Seahawks losing that game; to put it in perspective, the Seahawks were nailed with 125 yards of suspiciously TIMED penalties, while putting up 35 points on the Cowboys Vaunted Defense....NOPE, the game was STEERED just enough to favor a win for Dak & Da Boys.