Should I Worry?

capncrunch

Reaction score
This is the city that infamously pounded Santa Claus with snowballs along the sidelines at a game. My brother in law got some beer thrown at him and cursed down by some guys who looked like they were off the set from the Sopranos or Good Fellas. I think fistacuffs were narrowly avoided. He was wearing a Redskins jersey and running his big mouth. It'll be after dark almost the whole time. Don't wear the jersey if you are just hanging by yourself. I think the Seahawks will win which would make the exit from the place very dangerous for you. I worked as an usher at the old Veterans stadium where the Eagles played during the 80's. I saw a lot of violence. That is why I stayed in ushering instead of security. Enjoy yourself.

eaglesrule

Reaction score
HawkStar3":25gvrd67 said:
Quick question for the board. Should I be worried? I'm in Philly this week and my boss gave me two great seats to the game. When people learned I was going to the game they felt it necessary to warn me not too wear Hawks gear. I won't be an idiot. I won't be drinking. They don't seem to think that matters and I'll end up on YouTube... beat up.

What do you all think? Do I rock the Wilson jersey? Anybody been to Lincoln Financial?

Go Hawks!!!!!!

If you go in looking for a fight you will find it. If you go in with a good attitude you will be fine. You say you have good seats also, so that helps keep some of the low income thugs away from you. Just know that you are a guest and act accordingly.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I guess this begs the question- Are we Seahawks Fans viewed as "hostile and dangerous" as some of these other instances cited above? Are people from other fanbases afraid to travel to Seattle and represent? I have been to maybe a dozen Seahawks games in my life. In all those games I do not recall seeing a fan from another team being abused in the manner I have read about above. The closest I have seen is the Raiders games and their fans seem to attract that sort of thing. Is it simply a culture issue?

A

Anonymous

HawkStar3":1om9xh0f said:
Quick question for the board. Should I be worried? I'm in Philly this week and my boss gave me two great seats to the game. When people learned I was going to the game they felt it necessary to warn me not to wear Hawks gear. I won't be an idiot. I won't be drinking. They don't seem to think that matters and I'll end up on YouTube... beat up.

What do you all think? Do I rock the Wilson jersey? Anybody been to Lincoln Financial?

Go Hawks!!!!!!

Personally, I'd go with a sub-compact Taurus Millennium PT140/G2 all-composite 40-cal that can easily ward-off any attackers. Just break it down and shove the mag and lowers into your underwear and the barrel under uppers in the boot. You'll get through the wand-check with flying colors then assemble and load under a blanket at your seats. Anybody hassles you, you're good. :mrgreen:

:sarcasm_off:

(Just a joke people...)

Don't be afraid to rep, my friend. Done it numerous times. Just wear the jersey and look everybody right in the eyes with a smile. Security will be crawling all over that stadium both in uni's and incognito. The secret is eye contact and confidence in your gait.

Trust the science.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I would rep the Jersey during the game. If people try and start a fight, just smile and shake your head as if to avoid conflict.However, I would certainly take the Jersey off outside of the stadium if by some chance you need to walk a long way in the dark.

NJlargent

Reaction score
I took my wife (then girlfriend) to a playoff game in Philly years ago when they beat Green Bay in OT after converting a 4th and 26. My wife is a Green Bay fan. She wore a GB jacket and green and yellow beads. The fans were slobs. They cursed at her after the game, some ahole threw fireworks at her in the parking lot. While we were going into the stadium some guy dumped beer on me (which was super tough with 4 of his boys with him). I had to go to the bathroom in the 3rd quarter and gave the security guard 20 bucks to go stand by her while I took a leak. It was an awful experience which I will never forget.

As a result, I never went to another Philly game except when they played at the Giants. I know some real nice people that live in the Philly area including some family, but the reality is you go to Philly because NY is too expensive. Hence you get people who throw batteries at games and act like they're homeless.

Go onto some of the Eagles message boards (such as Igglephans) and read some of the old comments made during games. It will give you an idea of the class of a philly fan.

God I hope we win this game.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
NJlargent":3izsdpm5 said:
I took my wife (then girlfriend) to a playoff game in Philly years ago when they beat Green Bay in OT after converting a 4th and 26. My wife is a Green Bay fan. She wore a GB jacket and green and yellow beads. The fans were slobs. They cursed at her after the game, some ahole threw fireworks at her in the parking lot. While we were going into the stadium some guy dumped beer on me (which was super tough with 4 of his boys with him). I had to go to the bathroom in the 3rd quarter and gave the security guard 20 bucks to go stand by her while I took a leak. It was an awful experience which I will never forget.

As a result, I never went to another Philly game except when they played at the Giants. I know some real nice people that live in the Philly area including some family, but the reality is you go to Philly because NY is too expensive. Hence you get people who throw batteries at games and act like they're homeless.

Go onto some of the Eagles message boards (such as Igglephans) and read some of the old comments made during games. It will give you an idea of the class of a philly fan.

God I hope we win this game.

That's horrible. Some fans are horrible. I really hope no Seahawks fans would not do this. Two things are off limit in my opinion, woman and children.

fef

Reaction score
HawkStar3":3c4eaqhv said:
Quick question for the board. Should I be worried? I'm in Philly this week and my boss gave me two great seats to the game. When people learned I was going to the game they felt it necessary to warn me not to wear Hawks gear. I won't be an idiot. I won't be drinking. They don't seem to think that matters and I'll end up on YouTube... beat up.

Go Hawks!!!!!!

You'll be fine, coming from an Eagles fan. Feel free to wear the jersey. I've never been to an opposing football game but I've been to my fair share of opposing baseball games and I always wear my colors. You might get a few verbal comments, but shouldn't be too bad. Just be respectful, talk football with those around you if you want. There are actually a bunch of Seahawks fans around here so I'm sure you'll see some kindred spirits - way more than you'd expect. I've been to my fair share of eagles games and I've only ever seen one actual spat/fight in my section - and it was started by a Cowboys fan that was cussing out all the fans around him - then dumped his beer on the one fan after the fan told him to shut it.

The upper sections are more rowdy than the lower sections.

Enjoy the game.

OP
OP
HawkStar3

HawkStar3

Reaction score
Solid advice in this thread guys. So I've decided to wear the Wilson. Plan is to arrive early so we can get a decent parking spot to avoid walking too far and make friends in my section early. I'll also be wearing a jacket over just in case.

I'll let you all know my experience next Monday :)

If I get beat up I assume they'll put it on YouTube. haha I'll be sure to share.

I think we win 24-17.....

Go Hawks!!!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
HawkStar3":2669yeui said:

Go Hawks!!!!!!
No worries. Just be sure to carry a sign that says 'eat your heart out' if you rock the Wilson jersey.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Go and wear your Hawk gear!!! They have people that work security at stadiums for a reason. Have a great time. GoHawks!!!

FireHawk79

Reaction score
If its anything like AZ, they throw both parties out involved in an altercation... so if u are getting harassed, dont say anything back or do anything so u can stay and watch the game. Speaking from personal experience, albeit at a sea vs az game!

fef

Reaction score
FireHawk79":xs35ucye said:
If its anything like AZ, they throw both parties out involved in an altercation... so if u are getting harassed, dont say anything back or do anything so u can stay and watch the game. Speaking from personal experience, albeit at a sea vs az game!

They do throw out both parties of a fight, regardless of who starts it. I saw a cowboy fan cussing out an eagles fan in his row, then dump beer on the eagles fan, so the eagles fan shoved him, then the guys friends got involved, etc and within 10 minutes the whole row was ejected. I just sat there shaking my head. Those tickets cost way to much money to be wasted on being tossed out halfway through.

I hope you enjoy the game.

halps80

Reaction score
Funny thing about this thread is people using their experiences at other stadiums as analogues for philly. Having seen the Hawks at several stadiums across the country, I can tell you that unless you've been to philly you just don't know. You may not have an issue in the stadium or parking lot, but you have a better chance of having an altercation here than anywhere else in the league, even if you are being "one of the good ones". If you are not the fighting type, and don't want your jersey destroyed, you are better off going incognito. If you welcome confrontation, and perhaps have some less valuable gear to rock, then rock it. I'm as proud a fan as there is, and I will wear my gear anywhere but the Linc. I have a Seahawks license plate on the front of my car, and had to park in center city this week. I parked with my nose against the wall so no one would vandalize my car.

FireHawk79

Reaction score
halps80":24e6o8he said:
Funny thing about this thread is people using their experiences at other stadiums as analogues for philly. Having seen the Hawks at several stadiums across the country, I can tell you that unless you've been to philly you just don't know. You may not have an issue in the stadium or parking lot, but you have a better chance of having an altercation here than anywhere else in the league, even if you are being "one of the good ones". If you are not the fighting type, and don't want your jersey destroyed, you are better off going incognito. If you welcome confrontation, and perhaps have some less valuable gear to rock, then rock it. I'm as proud a fan as there is, and I will wear my gear anywhere but the Linc. I have a Seahawks license plate on the front of my car, and had to park in center city this week. I parked with my nose against the wall so no one would vandalize my car.

I wasn't trying to insinuate I know anything about the Linc, just that from my experience having been thrown out of a game for defending myself, if u wanna stay and watch u might just have to grin and bear it. That was assuming the stadium rules are the same in phi as az!

12thManNate

Reaction score
I went to Philly in '05 for the MNF game when the Hawks slaughtered the Eagles. I sported all my Hawks gear and even painted by hair blue and green. During the game I had a couple dollars in quarters thrown at me and at halftime I got pushed into the urinal when going pee. I do not drink but we were kicking their ass and I made sure they knew it. By no means was I out of line but again, I made sure they all knew the score. Midway through the 4th quarter 80% of the fans had left and those remaining were asking me if I had an extra Seahawks jersey they could wear....
With all of that said: WEAR THE DAMN SEAHAWKS GEAR!!!!!!! You are the 12th Man and let them see you and hear you!!!!!
Go Hawks!!!

Latest posts