Sherman wins appeal - will not be suspended!

sc85sis

Reaction score
Unfortunately for Richard, there are still plenty of people out there who are assuming that he tested positive, was guilty and simply got off on a technicality. I've already seen one comment saying that Richard admitted taking drugs, when that's not at all factual.

Despite what anyone says, I think it's highly likely this whole situation is the reason some players and coaches didn't vote Richard into the Pro Bowl. He's an alternate I think, but he should have been the starter.

I'm very pleased that the NFL was willing to admit the flawed nature of the test and throw out the result. I only hope that at some point they come up with better testing procedures.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
1. I am super happy Sherman will be playing.

2. I still believe that Sherman tested positive and he got off on a technicality. Unless the second cup used to put underneath was a dirty cup of adderall urine, then Sherman's urine still tested positive.

mistaowen

Reaction score
pumpfist.gif

Wonder if this guy was there when Sherm heard the good news? I've never seen a better fist pump.

hawker84

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":1kustwuq said:
Sgt. Largent":1kustwuq said:
This is like a drunk driver getting off because the cop didn't follow procedure properly. Dude still drove drunk.

:13:

this statement is based on a assumption he was guilty to begin with.. purely speculation and has no meritt what so ever.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
mistaowen":2kxgqpbl said:
pumpfist.gif

Wonder if this guy was there when Sherm heard the good news? I've never seen a better fist pump.

I personally prefer the slowly raised fist pump by the dude in the first row.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1gql04k0 said:
Can some of you guys just be happy OUR player will NOT be suspended?

He's been adamant the whole time, he's clean. He may be from Compromise but he is no dummy. I'll believe Sherman over the NFL.

No. They'd rather be right. Couple of these dudes spent so much time defending their position that there's no backing down for them now. Sorta like some of the Flynn people on here earlier in the season. ;)

nanomoz

Reaction score
It is 5 o'clock somewhere (pours celebratory shot of whiskey).

CPHawk

Reaction score
How many other test did Sherm have to take after and before this one? How long does this stuff stay in the system? It only takes a couple days to find out you failed, and I'm sure they make the players take another test pretty quickly. If he passed all these other tests then you have no choice but to admit he was clean. I'm sure he will be tested more then most now(NFL doesn't like being made to look like a fool), and I doubt he fails any from here on out.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":33298omb said:
I like Sherman a lot. I still believe he tested positive. The two are mutually exclusive.

Don't hate on me cause I actually have my wits about me and not looking through seahawk colored glasses.

I find it comical cause if this happened to a player from the 49ers a lot of guys would be going mad cause the 49er got off on a technicality. But when it happens to a Seahawks then it means he is innocent and the NFl should eat shit. Haha.
Stop talking. Seriously.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Haha, great news, sorry other teams, the hammer is coming down now. I'm glad I'm a Hawks fan so I am not demoralized hearing this news.

sc85sis

Reaction score
The fact that the second cup already had a broken seal means that there is in fact the possibility that it could have been previously used and tainted. That is why the test results are invalidated. Had the tester taken an unused second cup, broken the seal and then used it, the results would be completely valid. He didn't. It may be a "technicality" but it's used to protect people from getting railroaded by faulty results.

glasgow seahawks

Reaction score
It does not prove guilt anymore than innocence. What it does pove is the system was flawed.

If you where clean and got found guilty of this over poor procedures and tainted samples you would be livid. Also in a lot of these cases what the stars took was not something to try and gain an unfair advantage but nutritonal or medicinal purposes that contain some illegal ingredients.

At the end of the day we dont know what was took if anything, and if it was taken what was its purpose? We do know however the process was flawed and the NFL are admitting due to the poor handling of the samples, they could have contaminated it and accused a man wrongly of cheating. That alone deserves for this decision to be made

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
ESPN is apparently not thrilled with the outcome, since it's not front page, breaking news worthy.