Sherman wins appeal - will not be suspended!

mikeak

Reaction score
Look a broken seal, broken cup is not a technicality. A technicality is the tester initalized on page 1 of the report but not page 2, the lightning in the room was not up to OSHA standards so the piss test was invalidated.

Those are technicalities

BROKEN SEAL, BROKEN CUP - not technicalities. This is the foundation for drug testing. The fact that the sample cannot be altered / manipulated is one part of that but the main reason is somehow contaminated just by being in the same bag as other tests, underneath a previously used cup, in the same lab etc etc

I am the first person that says Armstrong is guilty (said it 12 years ago the first time), I said good that Marion Jones spent all her money defending her lying. I honestly don't know if Sherman took something but the fact is that when the testing procedures are completely broken like in this case then you have to not convict the player. You cannot suspend him in cases like this and I don't care if it is Sherman or if it is Tom Brady that this happened to.......

mistaowen

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2waqy8ht said:
ESPN is apparently not thrilled with the outcome, since it's not front page, breaking news worthy.

Mark Sanchez is starting week 17. He also is pregnant.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I'm watching NFL AM this mornng and the topic of discussion was which team in the NFC West has the best defense. All three analysts(?) picked SF over SEA, some even saying SF is better on the road. All this time I though Sunday nights game was shown nationally, guess these guys didn't watch it at all.

One analyst(?) even said "with Sherman suspended, SF has to be the best defense". Shortly after this piece, they announced Sherman beat the suspension.

What a bunch of cow pucky. NFL.com needs to do a house cleaning and get rid of all of these East Coast bias a-holes with no brains that don't know what they are talking about most of the time.
N= NEGATIVE - F=FACTUAL - L= LIARS, . C= CHEATING, O= OBNOXIOUS, M= MOTHER F'ERS.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":rwqq3vky said:
More confirmation..........

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/?from=stnv2

The NFL does not disclose results of a failed test until the suspension is imposed. As a result, the NFL has no statement currently on the case. But Albert Breer — who works for NFL.com — indicated that flaws in the testing procedure invalidated the result. Washington Post reporter Mark Maske spoke to someone familiar with the case, who called Sherman’s argument “a slam-dunk winner.”

Very nice!

Escamillo

Reaction score
mikeak":bzxfuuqn said:
Look a broken seal, broken cup is not a technicality. A technicality is the tester initalized on page 1 of the report but not page 2, the lightning in the room was not up to OSHA standards so the piss test was invalidated.

Those are technicalities

BROKEN SEAL, BROKEN CUP - not technicalities. This is the foundation for drug testing. The fact that the sample cannot be altered / manipulated is one part of that but the main reason is somehow contaminated just by being in the same bag as other tests, underneath a previously used cup, in the same lab etc etc

I am the first person that says Armstrong is guilty (said it 12 years ago the first time), I said good that Marion Jones spent all her money defending her lying. I honestly don't know if Sherman took something but the fact is that when the testing procedures are completely broken like in this case then you have to not convict the player. You cannot suspend him in cases like this and I don't care if it is Sherman or if it is Tom Brady that this happened to.......

Thank you. People can't legitimately say, "Well, he still failed the test," because, in effect, no legitimate test was done.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Escamillo":1mahtq21 said:
mikeak":1mahtq21 said:

Those are technicalities

Thank you. People can't legitimately say, "Well, he still failed the test," because, in effect, no legitimate test was done.

Like the Packer game, few are going to get past the initial reports.

mikeak

Reaction score
CPHawk":3pvs3vly said:
Sgt. Largent":3pvs3vly said:
Again the NFL doesn't just let players off on a technicality. The Redskin player still got suspended even though he had a actual DR prescription. You have to prove without a shadow of a doubt you are innocent.

Actually if the test comes back positive you have to invalidate the test. If it is in your body it doesn't matter how it got there. It doesn't matter if your drink was spiked when you were out partying the night before or if you were shooting up for weeks. The NFL wrote it into the CBA this way to get out of the disputes about innocent or not. If the test is positive you are guilty end of story.

In this case there is no longer a test. The test was invalidated there is no case so there is no guilty nor innocent (beyond "until proven guilty")

CANHawk

Reaction score
If dude pissed clean before the bad test then pissed clean after, i'd be more willing to blame the test (and the tester with the shoddy work history) than the player with the otherwise clean record.

But I get how being all high an mighty can be fun too........

garydrake425

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":5xdfbbdc said:
Sgt. Largent at it again. could have been anything. what if the tester had some adderall-laced piss on his gloved hand from handling a different specimen, then sherman's clean urine leaks onto the hand, the second cup is used to collect and is now cross-contaminated with the adderall urine still on the gloved hand. There are literally any number of circumstances that could cause Sherman's sample to become tianted that DON'T come down to Sherman having used Adderall.

Honestly this could happen. He might have tested after Browner. :Dunno: Im very happy Sherman has won it and can play on. I did a dance around the house and my lady and 10 month boy watched like i was crazy when i seen the news break. :0190l:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2c8saf2y said:
ESPN is apparently not thrilled with the outcome, since it's not front page, breaking news worthy.

They're still arguing over who's lying about Tebow not wanting to come in to run four plays for a horrible football team. Much more important than covering real news or good football teams.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Well done Sherm! The worst part of all this is not the leaky cup but that his "PED CONVICTION" was leaked (!) to the press before the player was even allowed to defend himself. The league is a house of cards right now and crap like this doesn't help their case. Testing of this nature requires high levels of legitimacy,consistency and professionalism. None of which applied in this case.

Go Hawks!

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1sgoelu0 said:
Like the Packer game, few are going to get past the initial reports.

Kinda makes this all that much more enjoyable for me tbh.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Hey guys, I LOVE Sherman, just saying I wish he'd go down on drug charges and be in prison for 10-15 is all. AINT GOT NO SEAHAWKS COLORED GLASSES ROUND 'ERE.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
pinksheets":3rq56u9a said:
Hey guys, I LOVE Sherman, just saying I wish he'd go down on drug charges and be in prison for 10-15 is all. AINT GOT NO SEAHAWKS COLORED GLASSES ROUND 'ERE.
Way to show you have some balls! Everyone else keep drinking that kool-aid. Now excuse me while I hit up 49erredzone and let them know I'm with them on their outrage that a cheater got off on a technicality.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Sherm is awesome the charisma on this team is through the roof... why do people gotta hate.
Support our team..... all of you haters....