Sherman and Browner facing suspension

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Pharmacists keep Adderall under lock and key. It is a carefully controlled substance. It is usually used for ADHD children and adults or for narcolepsy. Adderall is a brand-name pharmaceutical psychostimulant drug of the phenethylamine and amphetamine chemical classes. This stimulant works by causing increased production of hormones in the brain related to attention and behavior and preventing fast reabsorption of these chemicals to provide increased concentration abilities for individuals who need it. One has to see the MD every three months in order to get the precription renewed.

Of course, there are "other ways" to obtain the drug.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Very disappointing. All is not lost, but considering how bad the defense was today against a poor Miami offense, things are about to get much worse imo.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
VancitySeahawk":2wdnqw66 said:
m0ng0":2wdnqw66 said:
makes one wonder how a cfl corner and a 5th rounder become pro bowl caliber so quickly?

**edit whoops missed the post above**

First of all I doubt its roids.

Second of all, steroids does not make you into an elite corner.

Since when does having more muscle mass and weight help you cover?

Only benefit it could have for corners is to increase the rate of injury recovery.

ask shawn springs

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Methinks Guy rolled over and gave up the goods on the rest of the secondary. Probably po'd he was having to "compete" against guys on PEP's and he gets busted.

m0ng0

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3tu41bmz said:
Methinks Guy rolled over and gave up the goods on the rest of the secondary. Probably po'd he was having to "compete" against guys on PEP's and he gets busted.

interesting, what are the odds BB and Sherm both got randoms this week?

garydrake425

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2w4rke9x said:

I think u might be onto something. This day sucks but all i end up saying is GO SEAHAWKS!!!

OP
OP
E

ensett

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3d1644k1 said:

Crazy, but its possible.

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
So they got busted for Adderall as well or is that just speculation? I'm not sorting through 7 pages to find the answer.

Regardless of what it was, I hope the appeal works and I pray they are innocent as unlikely as that may be going off the success rates of appeals on suspensions. Unbelievable. Season is not over, but it is in serious doubt. When you remove the strength from our team for the rest of the year I don't see how anyone could read it any different. Sucks..............

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Well we've been saying The Legion (please, lets use this instead of the whole godawful name) hasnt gotten enough national attention, and now this falls into our laps.
My biggest worry is will this lead to revelations about the rest of the secondary, as my favorite player in all of football if similar revelations emerged regarding ET ill be crushed.
I disagree with firing Pete, this isn't is fault unless he tied em down and force-injected em (in which case we have far bigger problems :p).

So those in the know what are the possibilities for this occurance?
- Taken it maliciously and were caught.
- Taken it for add and didn't know it was illegal/didnt think to get prescription.
- Its contained in something they take legally.
What does everyone reckon?

Innocent until proven guilty, but IF they turn out to be so, wow that'll be a firestorm.

pinksheets

Reaction score
I'd put the chances that they are taking adderall for ADD at about .00000001%.

Dudes frakked up. Screwed themselves and their team.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":k9nbj7n1 said:
Teqneek":k9nbj7n1 said:
Well I'm done lurking for the year. The replies in this thread make me sick. Have fun being these kind of fans. Must make watching so enjoyable... Later peeps!

Hmmm. Wondering what your basis is for this? If these guys in fact, cheated, then f them. That's not the kind of team I want to cheer for. We as fans have a right to be pissed.
Team?,,,Two guys screw up, so Wilson and the rest of the team takes a hit for it?, :141847_bnono: ,Ya, OK, bye :177692:

rideaducati

Reaction score
Twisted":2tn5phc9 said:
Hawks46":2tn5phc9 said:
wow. Ouch. that would be our season right there.

maybe thats whats going on, they stopped taking them a few weeks ago? they looked bad today

They didn't look bad today, it was Leroy Hill that got burned all day long.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
This story is going viral....

According to USA Today’s Mike Garafolo, Browner and Sherman tested positive for Adderall. If true, that would make the Seahawks’ cornerbacks the latest players punished by the NFL’s crackdown on the drug, which is used to treat ADHD, among other things. Atlanta center Joe Hawley, Tampa Bay cornerbacks Aqib Talib and Eric Wright, and the Giants’ Will Hill and Tyler Sash have all been suspended for Adderall use....Unless Browner and Sherman manage to successfully reverse their punishments on appeal — Giants’ RB Andre Brown did so in the offseason — then the Seahawks’ chances at making the postseason will dwindle significantly
http://nfl.si.com/2012/11/25/brandon-br ... erall-use/

Adderall seems to be very popular....

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
truehawksfan":1a80x8x8 said:
This story is going viral....

According to USA Today’s Mike Garafolo, Browner and Sherman tested positive for Adderall. If true, that would make the Seahawks’ cornerbacks the latest players punished by the NFL’s crackdown on the drug, which is used to treat ADHD, among other things. Atlanta center Joe Hawley, Tampa Bay cornerbacks Aqib Talib and Eric Wright, and the Giants’ Will Hill and Tyler Sash have all been suspended for Adderall use....Unless Browner and Sherman manage to successfully reverse their punishments on appeal — Giants’ RB Andre Brown did so in the offseason — then the Seahawks’ chances at making the postseason will dwindle significantly
http://nfl.si.com/2012/11/25/brandon-br ... erall-use/

Adderall seems to be very popular....

Anyone know what was the major point of Andre Brown's argument?

hawk45

Reaction score
Jesus, to get hit with this right as we're recovering from the steaming pile the D dropped on the field today, what fun.

Even if it were steroids as has been said in this thread previously, we're nuts if we think that and all manner of other PEDs aren't happening in the NFL of all sports at a much higher level than MLB can even conceive of. But since it's this Adderall, it's even less of a story in terms of getting on a high horse. Doesn't even move the needle with me.

Now in terms of suspensions, yeah, I hope the appeals go well and I bemoan the lack of cunning on their part not to get away with it. But I didn't see us doing much damage this season anyhow after today's crapfest. So it's not as much of a stomach-punch as it would be if we'd have won today and begun thinking to ourselves "hey, maybe we can win 10 or 11 this year, maybe we can make some noise in the post-season."