Browner 1 year suspension is for substance abuse per NFL

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":1jo8djlp said:
ChiefHawk":1jo8djlp said:
Who paid for the drug test? If the NFL did, they could be a Heath Insurance Portability and Privacy Act (HIPPA) covered party, and if the NFL released the results, as a HIPPA covered entity, they could have compromised Private Health Information (PHI), and would be in violation of the HIPPA act for doing so.

It is possible that the players agreed to the NFL Substance Abuse programs in their contract, which may be construed as providing permission for the release under HIPPA, but if the NFL did not follow thier own policy, and are a covered entity in this case, then they violated HIPPA.

V/r
Guy who knows Privacy Law.

Oh snap.

I really hope Mike Silver fries for this.

Double *Snap*

This sounds like something I may have posted if I knew anything about privacy laws.

OrFan

Reaction score
I have been pretty down on Browner for this, but if the info that has come out is true, I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

Screw up multiple times and I have no problem with dumping a person. Once? Everyone gets stupid once in a while, learning from it is what is important.

hawk45

Reaction score
CANHawk":179j1hxk said:
KARAVARUS":179j1hxk said:
This is about to get shacked or locked.... Either way, on topic, suspension or no, I don't want BB back anymore.

That's a pretty ignorant point of view IMO. If a deal for BB can be made that fits within the cap structure, I'd welcome Brandon Browner back with open arms right now. He has been MONEY for his entire tenure with the Hawks, save for a game or two. It's funny that you'd be willing to throw BB out right now for failing a piss test when, given the structure of the substance abuse program, half the team could have already failed ONE piss test and you wouldn't even know about it...

I don't think the word ignorant means what you think it means.

The guy has a different opinion than you, and perhaps a different way of valuing things. That has zilch to do with having or not having knowledge (which is what ignorant relates to), rather, he's looked at the landscape and arrived at a different conclusion.

You disagree with his analysis. That doesn't make his viewpoint ignorant. Not knowing the meaning the of the word you use to deride another fan, that comes a bit closer.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
hawk45":b9d5cq5u said:
CANHawk":b9d5cq5u said:
KARAVARUS":b9d5cq5u said:
This is about to get shacked or locked.... Either way, on topic, suspension or no, I don't want BB back anymore.

That's a pretty ignorant point of view IMO. If a deal for BB can be made that fits within the cap structure, I'd welcome Brandon Browner back with open arms right now. He has been MONEY for his entire tenure with the Hawks, save for a game or two. It's funny that you'd be willing to throw BB out right now for failing a piss test when, given the structure of the substance abuse program, half the team could have already failed ONE piss test and you wouldn't even know about it...

The guy has a different opinion than you, and perhaps a different way of valuing things. That has zilch to do with having or not having knowledge (which is what ignorant relates to), rather, he's looked at the landscape and arrived at a different conclusion.

You disagree with his analysis. That doesn't make his viewpoint ignorant. Not knowing the meaning the of the word you use to deride another fan, that comes a bit closer.

Damn. Triple *Snap*

hawk45

Reaction score
And CANHawk, I actually agree with you on the substance. If Browner can return then I want him to. I don't have much faith in his ability not to miss 4 or 8 games out of nowhere, but *functionally* that's not much different to me than holding my breath when Okung steps out on the field. Morally/Ethically, obviously, the two are quite different.

I just have quite a lot of respect for the fans who are fed up with the athletes who can't control their drug habit long enough to prevent it impacting their livelihood and the team.

Browner, and bless him for all the great play he's given us, may be receiving unfair treatment from the league vis-a-vis where he should be in the system, but that does not make him blameless. The NFL cannot treat him unfairly if he just...avoids breaking the rules in *this* instance, like so many other players do. While I agree with many points I see about inequities in DUI/violent-criminals/etc. punishments and weed, those arguments are distractions from that one inescapable truth.

bryantology79

Reaction score
so when was his previous failed piss test? back in college or when he was with denver?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":2pztx9cm said:
hawk45":2pztx9cm said:
CANHawk":2pztx9cm said:
KARAVARUS":2pztx9cm said:

Damn. Triple *Snap*

Snappy thread!

Throwdown

Reaction score
bryantology79":3llsmerc said:
so when was his previous failed piss test? back in college or when he was with denver?

College, an Denver threw him in there after he was drafted.

General Manager

Reaction score
I read the entire article and there's no doubt the league is screwing BB the Seattle Seahawks and all of it's fans on a BS technicality. Hopefully the NFL comes to it's senses reduces this to 4 games.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
General Manager":3gt9fi5i said:
I read the entire article and there's no doubt the league is screwing BB the Seattle Seahawks and all of it's fans on a BS technicality. Hopefully the NFL comes to it's senses reduces this to 4 games.

This is Goodell you are talking about. He has no sense.

chris98251

Reaction score
There was no test in college, just questions, he volunteered if my understanding is correct to eliviate question marks to improve his draft stock, so essentially he has never failed.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":v6epbrsc said:
General Manager":v6epbrsc said:

This is Goodell you are talking about. He has no sense.
Agreed! :th2thumbs:

ivotuk

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":3v4ntgm5 said:
This is why I love BB:

1zlzq7r_jpg_medium.gif

100% effort 100% of the time! Yes he'll get beat occasionally but when he's used properly guys have a real hard time getting into their routs initially against him 'cause he's just so physical at the line.

I'm not gonna stop being a fan of his even if he never plays another down as a Seahawk, the guy's a stud on the field.

BBBB!

Brandon Browner Brings the Boom!

CANHawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":kilwqzwp said:
c_hawkbob":kilwqzwp said:
This is why I love BB:

1zlzq7r_jpg_medium.gif

100% effort 100% of the time! Yes he'll get beat occasionally but when he's used properly guys have a real hard time getting into their routs initially against him 'cause he's just so physical at the line.

I'm not gonna stop being a fan of his even if he never plays another down as a Seahawk, the guy's a stud on the field.

BBBB!

YEAH BABY! 3 for the price of one. Too bad Leon fair caught that one...

Anguish

Reaction score
CANHawk":34agzn02 said:
ivotuk":34agzn02 said:
c_hawkbob":34agzn02 said:
This is why I love BB:

1zlzq7r_jpg_medium.gif

BBBB!

YEAH BABY! 3 for the price of one. Too bad Leon fair caught that one...

Leon's reaction to the whole thing is priceless!